• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 Questions - Harry gold drop and UO.Com log-in

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,

2 questions right now;

1. I have been trying to log into uo.com forums all day (to respond to one of Mervyn's posts of course!), and I get this message - "An error occurred during authentication." This is not due to my details being incorrect.
  • I can log into game, but not onto forums - obviously details are the same.
  • When you choose to log into Ultima Online, or EA Account, it says EA Account temporarily suspended. Ultima Online Account still seems ok.
  • I've got properly locked out once, presumably due to trying too many times - 46 minute lock-out, but when that was over, I still cannot get authenticated.
  • I've had no e-mail notification from UO re any potential suspension - and I know of no logical reason either.
What is going on please?

2. Last night we did a Harry, and a Rikky at the same time in Destard dungeon. We won the PvP against DiE, we completed the Harry and Rikky, the Harry died about 10 minutes before the Rikky. There was no gold drop on the Harry? This is the first time I've seen this? How come? We killed the Harry in the Destard Ankh area.

And 3. A response to Mervyn regarding gold drops, as I cannot log into uo.com...

Mervyn said;
"Lol picking up the gold. I think you need to reassess your time management skills. Meaning, stop picking up the gold. It’s the equivalent of instead of buying reagents in a shop, going out into the forest and picking them up one by one."

My response to you Mervyn;
We are all different, I myself almost only play for the gold drops themselves. :)
None of the other drops on bosses have any meaning to me.
I will not touch any of this legendary armour stuff with all of these stupid brittle/antique/prized/cursed/50stone etc. etc. etc properties on it. I detest built in obsolescence. I would rather spend my time, picking up gold, and spending 500m to buy an original item that does not have these properties on it.
So while everyone else is checking loot, I am;
a. Picking up level 8 scrolls for inscription BOD's,
b. Picking up gold.
That is what I play for, nothing to do with time management, it's all there is in the game for me.

Are you aware, a champ spawn, can drop 250k gold? 4 of them, and you've got a mill. Often I don't even have to do them, I just run by spawns where other guilds have just left the gold on the floor.
A Harry can drop 1.2m gold, except for last night, you can imagine how upset I was. We got lots of 25 stat scrolls for our new guys, we got a 120 tactics for a tamer dude, we won all the pvp… yet my Harry gold drop didn't happen... :mad:
A roof gold drop can be 1.5m.
It all adds up over time, and quite frankly, it can be faster than waiting for that 50m drop to happen.
I don't believe in luck - as I don't seem to get any, I only believe in hard work and effort.

You should be glad I'm so focussed on this, the number one reason we have lost fights to Pro, is that I've stopped fighting to pick up gold... If I did not do this, it is possible we would never lose. :oops: It's a bit of a joke in our guild, just how bad I am in this respect. :D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When we do the roof, I bring a backpack..loot all the stuff off of my instanced corpse into the backpack without looking at it and then grab as much gold as I can..usually I can send about 200-250k to the bank before we are booted out.

I love the gold! lol

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having the same issues with the forum login. Mervin is still posting though :). Maybe Mervyn is the account Kyronix uses to troll users? :D
lol, yes, doesn't it bug you Mervyn is still posting !!! :D

Yep, tin foil hat on, I love that conspiracy theory, Mervyn is Kyronix's alter ego, and he's just been caught out, because no-one else can post. :thumbsup:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Alter ego...more like Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde....guess which one is Merv? :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could it have been one from the crystal? I didn't know those droped gold or I would used mine when I was poor.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Additional response to Mervyn, the player in question plays Siege Perilous. Gold still holds a lot of value there. More valuable than most legendary pieces you'll find as loot.