• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 New Mailboxes in UO Store

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haha good one Amber Witch!

At my real life house I had to get a bigger mail box for all of my amazon packages! It's a big rubbermaid garbage can by my gate. Hehe

I'd hate to use a garbage can for a mail box in UO because I'd never see them but they'd turn into recycling points!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The dolphin is cute but kind of weird. I guess it would be cool for someone who has collected a bunch of EM dolphin drops, but otherwise seems like it would be pretty out of place. Maybe a fishing house could pull it off? I'll be interested to see what people do with it.

The other one is a lighthouse? Uh... okay. Sure. Does it light up?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The dolphin is cute but kind of weird. I guess it would be cool for someone who has collected a bunch of EM dolphin drops, but otherwise seems like it would be pretty out of place. Maybe a fishing house could pull it off? I'll be interested to see what people do with it.

The other one is a lighthouse? Uh... okay. Sure. Does it light up?

A dolphin mailbox is never out of place~

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The dolphin is cute, maybe it's a high seas theme set :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think they took one too many trips to the mailbox well. Time for a new idea if they wanna suck my money.
Actually having seen the art in the files a long while ago been waiting to get the lighthouse like mailbox for my Port... it looks just fine there.

Kinda like it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Actually having seen the art in the files a long while ago been waiting to get the lighthouse like mailbox for my Port... it looks just fine there.

Kinda like it.
I already had the keg one for my tavern so I'm set. Nothing wrong with the new ones, just found it odd they went back to that again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I already had the keg one for my tavern so I'm set. Nothing wrong with the new ones, just found it odd they went back to that again.
All that art has been in the art files for some long time now... so I am guessing they had this already planned ages ago... So my guess is they will slowly release things as they see fit.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Kinda like it.
When you have some time could you post a screenshot of it. The way it's shaped I'm just not seeing something that resembles a lighthouse. Yeah, I agree with Victim here, R5 D4. Maybe in a proper environment it will look like a lighthouse.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When you have some time could you post a screenshot of it. The way it's shaped I'm just not seeing something that resembles a lighthouse. Yeah, I agree with Victim here, R5 D4. Maybe in a proper environment it will look like a lighthouse.
Certainly, be happy to...
upload_2019-5-3_12-16-21.png
As you can see the mailbox somewhat resembles my port...

But here is a closer pic of just the box...
upload_2019-5-3_12-19-3.png

Attachments

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mailbox lights up quite well when you've got mail.
It's animated, so it looks even better in game than on a pic.

(Nighttime/CC)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ty @ShriNayne ... It does look better when placed... It rather fits the Port well... I did change my old cannons out for the new Dragon cannons though it's sad they don't fire like the old Vet Reward cannons do...

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Mal & Mil. One last question. Can it be turned so that it faces south?

Reactions: Mil