• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 million stones of resources and a 10 second recall...

• Thread starter imported_Salivern_Diago
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Salivern_Diago

I was out and about last evening in the broken mountains (Malas) and I come across some blackrock dumped next to this house.. I thought woohoo something nice! Then this guy recalls in next to this box (on the stairs) in this plot... hides then 10 seconds later recalls out (I'm still collecting this blackrock). Ok I thought, then 10 sconds pass and he recalls back in...hides... 10 seconds later recalls out. I'm wondering what he's up to so I hover over the big box on the steps of this (fairly new, It wasnt there a month ago) plot. it was something like 102 items, 1971254 stones. I'm like wth?!?! So me a stealther I hide, sit and watch.

I watch for about 10 mins and every ten seconds he recalls in, hides then 10 seconds later recalls out all the time this box getting about 500 stones heavier (thats every 20 seconds its getting heavier). You know what I figure it is.. timing was very precise, 500 stones every time! So I stand on his recall spot to see what happens. A very slight pause (About enough time for a recall to fail and recast) and he appears on the spot next to me. So I move over and sit on that spot. But again slight pause for the recall to fail etc etc and he appears next to me on the old spot. By this time I'm sure its a scripter so I page a GM and sit in the corner and wait. I had other things to do on the comp so I just left it.. some 2 hours later... still no GM and by this time the box is over 2,000,000 stones in weight (How many of you have that much resources?). I decided that I couldnt be bothered to wait anymore so I write up the characters name and wait for him to recall in....

He recalls in, hides then I said "*******!".. and what happens?

Instant recall away and dosnt come back! Classic script reaction to possible detection!

Weight in the box currently stands at 2021056! And the GM's? Some 3 hours later I see the email pop into my inbox. I was only number 6 in the quene from the start...

So take a look at this guys hard work with over 2million in weight of resouces, its in the broken mountains (The one west to the Orc fort, at the top) and tell me what you think...

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I would be nosy and take a look. It took some finding cos i didnt realise you meant literally IN the broken mountains (in a secret location). Found it in the end and there was nothing happening there. The box is on the steps and currently weighs 2233724 and yes that is certainly some huge amount to get by any means I know of in a short time. Quite what you do with that amount of resources is another question. Interesting!.

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Its now 2309660...

Since I spoke up it seems to have slowed down... I'm thinking I shouldnt have spoken now lol.

Ahh well, I check there regularly to see whats going on etc.. but yeah taken a low profile now it seems.

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Still been checking there...

You seem to be able to terminate or at lest 'halt' his script by when he recalls in.. saying his name over and over! He then recalls straight out without dumping his ill gotten gains and vanishes till whenever the guy gets back to his computer.

And EA sit and say we'll take action if warrented. *Sighs* Just wish they'ld at lest look at it when I've reported it (3 times now)

[Edit]

Finally got an answer of him.. Fairly brutish person tbh. but still dosnt explain why its taken nearly a week of spamming his name to get him to answer. Apparently its a week of mining ore in that box.

Well, looks like he'll get away with it cos 'You report me, I'll answer the GM ok" Is what he said. Still dosnt explain how quick he was doing it. Oh well, I cba with it all now

G

I read part of a fascinating article a few days ago, confessions of someone like your mining friend. In it he explained exactly how he could respond to the gm while afk macroing. I didn't read the whole article. I was too angered to finish it.

G

Some of the gits have alarms that only seem to trip when it's a GM talking to them. I've reported a few miners who were absolutely afk to me, but magically appeared within a few secs of the GM arriving. I think they can also setup more fancy systems where they're able to respond via a mobile phone, but I don't know the ins and outs of that method.

Wenchy

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

I doubt you'd need a mobile phone. The questions Gm's asks are so standard you could easily put a few standard answers to them in your script.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so if a GM asks a question like " how many fingers am i holding up?"

the answer "yes i am here"

i think it will be easy to confirm foul play

i was once given a series of pictures of a south east asia origin (we think
) of an asian student in a room with about 5 banks of computers (50 plus machines) with red neon lights above each one, running scripts and when challanged by a GM the light flashes, the student put his book down, CALMLY walked over to the computer, typed in "something" then fiddled around and then went back to the book, i was told he was runnig scripts and getting paid, not alot, to do this

wish i kept them, i would post them here

script gold or reg farming

I was so fed up with trying to report scripters, like many others i got NOWHERE

with EA

sadly it is a major problem as we all know, plus people that say they wont ban them cos of the acct fees rememeber, when you see the luna BOD farmers, the HEARTWOOD R?UNIC farmers, THERE ARE NO FEES BEING PAID, they are not VET players are they, they are being run on 15/30/45/90 day FREE accts

i was able to buy acct codes with 45 days free time each, which i used to place and sell/give away plots or map out a castle space for NEXT TO NOTHING, there must be millions of these codes out there, i was on holiday in th US last month and UO box sets are in the BUDGET bins for a few $ a time, if i was still playing i would have bought loads for the EXTRA codes

now i am NOT saying these codes are bad, but the way they are being used is totally wrong

many say what i did was wrong, but with so much space out there, and poor plot sales (see www.uoauction2.com europa for confirmation) at my busiest time i used to have up to 10 plots for sale and i had loads of competiton from others, now there are 3 plots for sale. so i know i was not hurting the game/economy etc

with PRO scammers/scripters etc with floating IP addresses, FREE game codes, stolen credit cards, or paypal chargeback rats out there and NO method of stopping them, i really am at a loss for words (for once) as to how EA can save their game

what i do not understand is this

WHY DOES EA DO NOTHING WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO MAKE A LIVING SELLING THEIR VIRTUAL PROPERTY

i am a firefighter and semi pro wedding photographer in real life, if i found my photos for sale elsewhere i would be upset and look for copyright infringement,

I WOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

so why doesn't EA, not exactly if UO brings in 8 million subscribers that the "3rd party" leaches are not a problem, and with the rate of genuine players quitting because of it, i tihnk EA should really stop and think about this?

so

1. change 2d access coding so NO unauthorised 3rd party progs can access game mechanics

2. ban 3rd party websites from selling virtual things, return all rares/castles etc to the game, oh and you can clearly see them on the websites for sale for $$$$$$ so grab them back, create events with CASTLES SERVER BIRTH RARES ETC as prizes they are yours anyway!!!!

JUST DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

i spent 5 years on and off playing this game, have really loved the community in europa, even though many many greats have gone, but you still have plenty to fight for, and i even think many WILL return given the chance

so please EA TRY!!!

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

thing is gm's never ask how many fingers they are holding up

they are more like BOTs themselves and go for the standard:
Hello there ***, are you there?
followed by
ok sorry to bother you, have a nice day

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol

indeed but if they ask a question you have to think about or of course they follow you whilst invisible then ask what you were just doing, or of course read their JOURNAL then they could gather enough evidence

but maybe its just too hard

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Heh not only are our GM's not punctual (Been waiting something like 8 hours for a GM now) but they are also not the most imaginative bunch. I really wonder if the GM's are real or if its some part time guy who cant be bothered most of the time.

Its a shame that Draconi's fevor in blowing up those houses in luna isnt matched or even half way met by the GM team. I asked a question the other day if the Moonglow event was still GMT after GMT stopped and BST came in... Now all they had to say was.. Yes or no.. Nope, I got a stock reply about how the EA Rep's have (and get this) 'no contact' or any real interaction between themselves and the Devs...

I think when they did the mass sackings last year, they should have sacked the GM's and promoted the Q&A team to GM's. At lest they are 'active', but I'm digressing from my orginal post.

I just wish there was a way to 'break' the scripters programs to stop them. over 3 million stones of ore farmed in one week... (Hes emptied some of it now) Tell me... how many of you can farm that much?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I just wish there was a way to 'break' the scripters programs to stop them

[/ QUOTE ]

there is a way they can change the codes so no 3rd party programs can access, thats why there were no scripters in the old 3d client, lol but then again there were no players on it either, i miss 3d

I

imported_Wishbone

It only takes one tiny patch every day to change a very small piece of code that would stop scripting in it's tracks, but they won't do it and really have never figured out why.

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

I dont believe it.. I have just found another possible scripter with some 2.8million stones in weight in thier front stesp chest.

I've challenged them, warned them if they didnt reply I'll take action.. they just hid and recalled away and carried on thier scripting. Seems to be the same script as the orginal too...

I've reported them but I dare say nothing much will happen. If you wish to go look, its in the broken mountains again, I cantr say which one becuase I'mn ot sure where it is myself but its the southern most house (its a built up nice looking 18*18) with a wooden chest on the front steps (its also a private house) Looks a bit like a 'hotel'...

2.8 million stones.. Meh how many more scripters are there for heavens sake! The only people who'll script this much must be a vendor. So may I suggest Shop owners to look into thier vendors with ingots/resources and see where they are getting all thier produce from please!

they wont script if theres no money in it for them!

[EDIT]

I think I just upset the scripter, I stood in thier recall place and they havent been back since.. Oops looks like someone didnt plan thier 'script' too well.

Wish I could do more to these scripters... Maybe If your caught scripting from now on the GM's/DEV's (If the GM's and DEV's bothered to talk to each other) all your houses and contents should go boom like the ones in Luna.. that and all your charas deleted or at lest all items removed and all stats halved...

Make a real punishment out of it rather than just a 24 or 48 hour ban... Pah that wont stop a scripter, they'll just use another account.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yep your correct,

a well know house scripter, who gets all the castles that fall,(on all shards) uses scripts and temp accts, gets up to 6 placers, runs scripts and as soon as the castle falls they all insta place, now of course this player may be an octopus, but unlikely
When i challenged him here on stratics, apart from using abusive language (still not banned here either) he explained that he has all the luna houses keeps and castles mapped out so all he has to do is log in and "visit" them all,

he has admitted using scripts (not to place) and yet still he sells uo game items for real cash. sadly EA KNOW this and choose to do nothing

so all the other cheaters KNOW this and are free to make money this way by ILLEGAL means, as for scammers, it is RIFE, but sadly this is life

either play the game for your own purposes and your guilds/friends, if you have to interact with chests, like SPEEDHACKERS etc in PVP fel you have to make a choice, either find the script too (not a real option) or try another trade, and of course do not buy from know/suspected script/farmers, it is tough, but all shards must have vet shop owners that can advise if you are not sure

i klnow on EUROPA, when i was very active in game, i would run all item wishes through the likes of LETO and ALCESTIS and they pointed me in the right direction

there are loads of scripters freely cheating, sadly if EA wont do anything then who can?????

A

Axe44

Ahh... why am i not too suprised nothing seems to have changed here since i quit UO 2,5 months ago. This is my first login ever since. Finally got over the frustration but it seems i may as well return to my absence. Foul play has taken root in UO to stay and EA being ever so passive gives me (staying away) a lot of company all the time. Very sad, ironic, cynical... this effectively killed my 2 glimpses of faint interest in returning some day... u guys have "fun" *sigh*

A

Axe44

Ahh... why am i not too suprised nothing seems to have changed here since i quit UO 2,5 months ago. This is my first login ever since. Finally got over the frustration but it seems i may as well return to my absence. Foul play has taken root in UO to stay and EA being ever so passive gives me (staying away) a lot of company all the time. Very sad, ironic, cynical... this effectively killed my 2 glimpses of faint interest in returning some day... u guys have "fun" *sigh*

K

Kayne

In the interests of fairness i would like to point out that not everyone with super heavy chests on their front steps are scripters. Some of you may know where my house is and if you pass it you will see a very heavy box on my front step. This box is full of thousands and thousands of boards. No i did not lumberjack them all and no i didnt script to get them. A house fell and i collected it all from that.

So remember before accusing anyone (not that im saying anyone has been accused) that you remember sometimes these over heavy boxes are obtained by legal means.

K

Kayne

lol cail ive told you countless times dont worry how long it takes they arent in the way