• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 million gold to make 1 scrappers, worth it?

M

MrMiagi

On my server material cost if you buy the materials is about 2 million for the materials to make 1 scrapper, is that even worth it? Normal scrappers sell for as low as 150k on my server. Doesn't make sense.

F

frodofeet

I personally don't think it's worth it. But then I think most things are overpriced these days which is why I tend to stay away from the player vendor market. I did buy a Pendant of the Magi & basic Scrappers for my mage, at 425k & 195k because I really wanted them. But I was even choking at those prices hehe. Usually, if I can't make or loot it myself, I tend to go without

Perhaps it's different for guilds with shared resources, etc, but I've never been guilded, so don't know how that would go.

But the problem doesn't stop at scrappers unfortunately. Pretty much all the ingredients from ML have the same problem... hugely expensive and cost more to make than the finished product is worth. So unless you find the resources yourself, forget it. I think the economy in UO is a bit messed up tbh. Peeps put too high a price on time invested in gathering the resources. Heck, even the most recent "chocolatier" addition is the same... at current prices it would cost like 100k to make one chocolate!

G

Well if you get a superslayer or one with great mods its more than worth it but the odds of getting that are so low that it isnt worth buying Ing. to make em.

Since the majority made are just normal scrappers the market got saturated and the prices dropped on normal scrappers, seen em for 85k on Baja at times though 150k seems normal price. But really most mages own 1 by now so there is no market for a normal scrappers anymore

C

Connor_Graham

The very first one my Scribe mage made was an Undead Slayer. Sold for 50mil. I paid 2.5mil for the recipe but already had the ingredients, so a 47.5mil profit.

They're rare, but if you can find cheap ingredients and/or farm them with a good group, it's worth making them. I've sold every Scrapper's I've made, with the least expensive (ones with no mods) going for 250k.

I

imported_ElRay

if you look a couple of posts down at Lady Nicos post, she sold her triple mod scrappers for 80mil..........so take from that what you will