• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] 2 Hours of Mining - results

L

LoL/Sonoma

For the heck of it i decided to record my results from a two hour mining (and watching TV) session last night. I thought this might be interesting to other miners out there.

I plan to do the same with Lumberjacking in the next few days and hopefully add more hours to this total as well.

This mining was done with no mining gloves, no gargy axe or prospector tool. Just pure, skill and regular shovel mining.

I'll add percentages for the ingots and ratios for the gems/specials when i get 6 hours of data.

Time: ~2 hours (give or take 15 mins due to me zoning out watching the TV)
Style: Fire beetle strip mining
Character: Human. 760 Luck

Ingots/Gems
Iron: 4365
Dull Copper: 98
Shadow: 127
Copper: 269
Bronze: 70
Gold: 27
Agapite: 245
Verite: 0
Valorite: 0

Citrine:1
Diamond: 1
Emerald: 1
Ruby: 0
Sapph:2
Turq: 6

T

TheMac

Mine in fel!!!! lol thanks for this its really good to look at, can't wait for the lumberjack one.

L

LoL/Sonoma

I would mine in Fel but being PK'd and having my ingots stolen would hurt the results. ;)

L

longshanks

your doing it all wrong.

employ yourself a third world 12 year old boy. give him a rune book and let him go for 23-1/2 hours a day.

:dunce:

L

LoL/Sonoma

Oh. My mistake ... =(

Maybe he will have better than 0% luck with Verite and Valorite. =)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm gonna try 2 hours with gargoyle pick & prospector's tool sometime later this week.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Please do! I'd love to see other people's results and also adjusted results with items.

I'm hoping to have time to do a 2 hour run with lumberjacking tonight. I'll post in a seperate thread.

L

longshanks

thanks for taking my prior comments in the form they were meant.

i sometimes mine with my swordsman, putting mining on him. i would equip the blackthorns elemental kryss and use the gargoyle pickaxe. i would goto the trails on the way into wind. the 2 key macro for last item last target and when u pop the elemental toggle ai's and u kill him quick.

i would suggest the same set up but run it in termur for the cryst blackrock drop as well.

i dont have results but i would definately have some valorite in my pack after an hour.

good luck.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine in fel!!!! lol thanks for this its really good to look at, can't wait for the lumberjack one.
He's right, you are doing it all wrong.

Mine in Fel Cove (inside guard zone)
Strip mine with fire beetle.
Use Gargoyle Pickaxe.
Call guards if any ele's pop up (insta killed).

Your results will be SIGNIFICANTLY better.

No worry of reds (guardzone), 2x resources plus bump to at least DC via the garg pickaxe.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok small sample size but..
15 Min Mining - 100 Mining (No Gloves)
Fire Beetle/Fel Cove (as noted above)
Garg Pickaxe
Elf Character

213 Iron Ingots
378 Dull Copper
74 Shadow Ingots
212 Copper Ingots
0 Bronze Ingots
0 Gold Ingots
115 Agapite Ingots
102 Verite Ingots
0 Valorite Ingots

4 Amber
2 Citrine
6 Star Saphire
6 Amythest
8 Tourmaline
2 Saphire
6 Ruby

No Special Gems

Handful of small blackrock

L

LoL/Sonoma

Wow. That works out to almost double the production per hour i was getting. Fel indeed!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, here's my test run:

2 hours* mining

Human, 100 skill, not using gloves
Mining in ILSHENAR (for s***s & giggles) with prospectors tool AND Gargoyle pickaxes exclusively (every vein mined was bumped twice, or to valorite if already verite or valorite). Results from the latter half of the last GPA, after the last PT ran out, were only counted if the vein produced better than DC, as it was the last 5-10 minutes of the dig.

By some miracle, despite getting 34 elementals from 13 pickaxes & 2 Prospector's tools, none of them were paragon. I doubt you'd have that luck, or consider that a disappointment the way I do.

*not entirely contiguous. I stopped 3 times (resuming exactly where I left off) because despite mountain mining in Ilshenar, I had NITER DEPOSITS show up (1 gargantuan, 2 massive), and I stopped after I finished the vein with a garg pick, to mine all the saltpeter with a sturdy shovel I brought as a backup. I also stopped one time to unload in Luna (but as this point was right next to Valor moongate, getting to the bank, dropping off and returning took about 1 minute)

Iron-Bronze:
Kept track of in ingots, as it required less book-keeping (and the only failure, singular, was on the very first stack of 5 bronze ore i got). if you want a rough estimate of ore, divide by a little less than 2

Iron: 1267 (plus an uncounted amount from the last GPA after the PT ran out)
DC: 62 (usually from the first swing giving DC, before I used the PT). I also got another 40-ish after the PTs ran out, from the last GPA.
Shadow: 1625
Copper: 384
Bronze: 417

Gold-Valorite:
Kept track as ore (because of how fickle smelting is (plus I didn't bring my +5 gloves on the trip). For this purpose, mediums were treated the equals of larges, as each was the result of one swing (and 2 smalls were treated as 1).
Gold 105 ore (ended up with 159 ingots)
Agapite: 166 ore (286 ingots)
Verite: 109 ore (181 ingots)
Valorite: 138 ore (153 ingots) (75 from eles, 63 from mining)

Crystalline Blackrock: 7
Mining Gems: 10 (3 more after the metered part of the trip, using up the leftover tool portions)
Small blackrock: 12
Niter (from the 3 deposits that shouldn't have existed): 461 (took about 20 minutes I did NOT count as part of the 2 hours to deplete them, after finishing their associated vein)
Normal Gems: 74 (all from the elementals)

If one did this in Fel, and managed to not get robbed, figure a 30-60% increase in ingots (last I remember, the ore loot on the eles isn't doubled).

L

LoL/Sonoma

Very good info Basara, thanks for sharing!

I'll try to add another couple hours to mine this weekend and also to my Lumberjacking list. But so far it is looking like I am getting more Verite/Val per hour from pirating than i do from honest mining. ;)

Once i get a good 6 hours in with my origional setup i'll give it a whirl with prospectors and maybe gargy axes (i dont like to die and my miner has no combat skills... =P)