• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 Homes Instead of Small Keep

Z

Zannette

Hello everyone,
I have two quick questions in regards to placing houses.

1st:
Is it possible to change Small Stone Keep into 24x24 customizable plot or am i stuck with a Keep.

2nd:
Is it possible to place 2 12x18 homes where the keep was pending that there are is enough room for 2x18 passage in the middle?

Thank you,
Z

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Yes you are stuck although there are some (like me [no I don’t own a keep either]) that would like to see that change.
2) If you are willing to use two accounts theoretically yes, but it will depend on the terrain.

Z

Zannette

Thank you for the prompt reply Mirt.

Is there a way to check the terrain before destroying the Keep to ensure that other homes can be placed?

TY
Z

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well thats a tricky proposition. I believe that there are some people a lot smarter then me that might be able to do that in person, but I do not know of anyway other then doing a resize but I have never tried that with a keep so you might want to ask around some more. Hopeful one of the smarter people get in here to help with that.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya can try the test centre if your lucky theres nothing in the way..
And it should be wiped again anyways..
Been awhile since its be cleared out...test centre that is

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also rec that you do it at shard up, making sure you are alone. If something goes wrong, you can get your origional system back the way it was.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, wait till the server goes down, give it a minute to make sure, then drop the keep and try the two plot thing. Or visit other shards to see if anyone else has done it, or try test center. Or have an experienced friend come scout out the area.

Z

Zannette

Thank you for the reply everyone.

My main concern is that I wont we able to place the keep back I case something goes wrong.

Keep is properly placed but I'm still worried as they go for about 200 mil on Atlantic and I'm not really made of gold.
Did anyone experience any problems when raising their current home?

Thank you,
Z

T

Tazar

Check the house sign on the keep before you do anything and make certain that it is "Properly Placed". If it is improperly, you most likely would not be able to replace it if the 2 18x18's do not fit.

Also - you can check the same location on various other shards to see what will fit there. Typically the terrain is identical - but there could still be an odd blocking rock or other item that is not on every shard.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few days ago I demolished my 10 year old castle to erect two 18x18 buildings and it went fine. Only problem was that I wasn't able to place them exactly like I'd been hoping, but I'm happy enough. Was time for a change. Soooooooo happy customizing now!

Good luck with your attempt!

And Tazar, I visited your INCREDIBLE home only hours before I did it by the way :). Not doing the visual connection thing myself, but I appreciated the magic of yours all the same. My favorite room was the huge 2 story library and fireplace. Gorgeous! My only gripe was that it was very complicated to get around hehe!

T

Tazar

I am glad that you enjoyed it. :)

The "complicated" was somewhat intended... We often do player events there where you have to locate items, clues, etc. and the somewhat maze-like theme adds to the difficulty. The house tele tiles made it a lot easier to work with though as when you see an illusion door - you can actually walk through it to another house now.