• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] 2.5 mil to the person...

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who can make me a mod, so that my chars object handle is never seen by me again. Why its there in the first place idk. I know its been this way for 13 years but. its driving me nuts in the EC.

The game treats dragging my handle and clicking my bar once as a double click/dismount. ruining my life at champs.

i'll give you an additional 2.5 mil if you can make it so that when i drag my chars massive context menu away to a corner it will stay there even when i click on its options.

Since half the crap on there is not macroable(mark quest item, toggle insurance) It would be great to have it stay there for my to click on. this would help me a lot too since the mark quest item target disappears half the time i mark one thing.

total of 5 mil. please dear god, help me.
Gold is on atlantic.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic?
Bah... I don't have any characters on Atlantic.

*wonders if anybody could move that gold to Catskills*

Hide Own Object Handle, Beta version
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

Note: I have not tested this (threw it together real quick while at work), so I'm not positive it works.

As for the context menu one... that will probably be more difficult.

D

Diggity

While I don't have problems with seeing my own object handle, I think there should be an easy way for players to blacklist some handles from showing at all. Seems like more stuff in EC has object handles than CC used to, particularly many features such as stairs/pentagrams/pavers etc that I can't click/interact with using object handles anyways. Then there are those object handles that I just prefer not to see. Things like rat/wolf/scorpion corpses in the caverns of discarded. While it is possible to open the corpses, at this time there is no point to opening them assuming I'm not looking for wolf eyes. I also like to ignore energy vortex and nature's furies as well.

I'm not sure you can acually make a context menu persistent/relocatable. I do agree that all those menu items should become hotkeyable actions if they are not already. I did find that you can write a command script so you can hotkey the context menu to come up at your cursor position. Not sure how useful that would be.

Code:
script  RequestContextMenu(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gildar, thew that into my LegacyII mod folder and as of now not working. Thank you so much for your effort as at champ spawns this issue drives me nuts.
Gold is still on the table.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could one of these mods also get rid of the object handles for 'an energy vortex'?

Pretty please?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gildar, thew that into my LegacyII mod folder and as of now not working. Thank you so much for your effort as at champ spawns this issue drives me nuts.
Gold is still on the table.
Darn. Guess I need to actually have time to test things, eh?

Could one of these mods also get rid of the object handles for 'an energy vortex'?

Pretty please?
I plan on (if I ever have time) creating a mod that has a whole long list of filters for Object Handles.

edit:
My current UO Modding task list...
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/illandril/14187159/#section.tasks
(if anybody remembers me promising to look into something that isn't on that list, let me know)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mod does work, I just forgot to mention that it adds a setting!
Open the UserSettings window, go to the Misc tab, and check "Don't show your character's object handle"

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't forget to add in the wolves, rats, and scorpions from the Cavern of the Discarded to the list of ingnorable corpse handles... I HATE dealing with those and generally try to lure and dump them off.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My mod does work, I just forgot to mention that it adds a setting!
Open the UserSettings window, go to the Misc tab, and check "Don't show your character's object handle"
Gildar thou art a total badass. it works like a charm. 2.5 for ya if you ever find yourself on atlantic. I think theres a lot you could do with this mod. obj handles area huge part of this games functionality.

:heart: Cear

D

Diggity

Pretty please?
You might also want to try Lucis interface. The mobileonscreen feature may provide an additional targeting option in energy vortex heavy situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=236vCEaaPZE is a video I took while playing with the Lucis mod. The mobilesonscreen gump is at the top right- sorry I didn't get the whole thing on the video cap. I have the mod/gump set to show only grey enemy/criminal (which I think vortexes are even tho they show up red). So you can see the mod automatically adds/deletes health bars to the gump as critters come and go. For me, targeting the gump is much easier than trying to cycle targets or pull bars from obj handles/avatars.