• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) 1st UWSP Town Medieval Festival

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1stfestival.jpg

Hello Siege Perilous. I'm here to announce the 1st Medieval Festival in the UWSP Town.
All of you are invited to join us: blue, red, grey, yellow, savage. The goal of this festival is to spend a nice evening all together.

The festival will start Sunday, January 29,2017, at 8 PM (UK). I chose this hour because i think it's the only time where many player can play in different world zone (i'm sorry if for some people it's or too early or too late :( ). If i'm not wrong it's 8 PM (UK), 9 PM for many european country, and 1-3 PM for US players (west and east coast).

You can join the festival without suit :)

As usually i can't force people but i hope during this event noone will kill, steal or do other bad things.

This is the schedule of the event: (always UK time)

8 PM: a little party to celebrate the start of the festival with food and drinks.

8.30 PM: 1st medieval tournament for all Brave Knight of Siege Perilous.

At the end of the Knights tournament: 1st crafting tournament for all crafter of Siege Perilous.

At the end of the crafting tournament: a little party to celebrate the end of the festival. (with food and drinks :D )

I hope to see many many of you at festival event :).

Magichands :D

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And now a little explanation about the 2 tournament.

Knights Tournament:

1. The 2 opponents will wear only a FULL GM DULL COPPER PLATE ARMOR without any stat or imbuing. (if you can't afford one UWSP will provide it). A metallic dye tub will be provide to dye the set
  2. Potions, Bandages, Spells, Petals, Jewerly and Talismans are forbidden.
  3. Each knight will use a GM IRON/DULL COPPER Lance Use Best Weapon skills (that only UWSP will provide) and a GM Dull Copper Heather Shield (you can fight without it if you want)
  4. Each knight will mount a simply horse (if you can't afford one UWSP will provide it)
  5. Each knight will wear a colored cloack (without Stats)

The fight will be in 3 round:
  1. the opponent will run to the opponent with only dismount special moves actived till the other side. Change of direction and things like that are forbidden (it's a medieval festival so we run it like those festivals).
  2. Who dismount his oppenent will get 1 point.
  3. If all 2 are dismounted it's 0 point.
  4. If noone is dismounted it's 0 point.
  5. If after the 3 round the opponents have the same point they'll fight on foot.

Same rules as before with one change: (so potions,bandages,spell,petals, Jewerly and Talismans are Forbidden)

The 2 opponents will announce what kind of weapon they'll use (weapon+shield, 2hands) and must be only GM IRON without any stat or imbuing. (weapon with poison or special move that poison are FORBIDDEN).

I don't like kill so i hope the 2 opponent will have the ability to know when to surrender but in the case one of the 2 opponent will die NOONE have to give a murder count to the opponent.

There will be only 1 round,so fight will all your tactics and ability (remember that you can't heal yourself).

Break these rules will lead to disqualification.

A little suggestion: it's a festival so if fighters want wear suit made by some specific crafters,they will do also some advertise for their supplier :) (remember to follow the rules about SUIT and Weapon)
If anyone can't afford a suit or don't know any crafters, UWSP guild will provide everything needed for the tournament :).

Unfortunately Use Best Weapon Skills works only with Fencing, Mace and Sword skills.
So archery and wrestling can't use these weapons :(.
But in the next festival will do a tournament also for these 2 kinds of fighters :D .

Prizes: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3th Place
PremiotorneoCavalieri.JPG
Crafter Tournament:

Usually tournament are for fighter and caster but i want try something different for crafter.
Each crafter who want join this tournament will get a bag with:
  1. a large bods tailor to fill with all the smalls bods required to complete it.
  2. 2 small blacksmith bods to fill.
Talismans and everything that increase workers skills is Forbidden.
We'll provide the resources needed to do everything and the first crafter who will deliver all bods filled to me will win the tournament.

Prizes: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3th Place
PremiotorneoCrafter.JPG

Party:
Well here we don't need rules right?? :D (ah Tanager: some CLOTH for your guildy LOL ahahaha)

Market Square:
It's a crafter town so we have a market square where crafter can place their vendors to sell goods. From Friday to Monday this market is open to all citizens so if anyone want place a vendor for these 3-4 days just call me and we'll meet to arrange everything. But remember to remove it after monday if you aren't a crafter :)

If anyone have suggestion for the event i'm open to hear everything (someday ago Holden and kelmo give me some very nice suggestion but my memory is full of holes LOL).

Magichands :)

P.S. It would be nice if all crafter that want join their Tournament call me so i can set everything :)

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huzzah!!!
Finally - I won't be the only one clanking around in full plate!
*polishes kneecaps, removes an arrow*

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much all for the support :)... I edited rules for each tournament (no jewerly and talismans and the opportunity to wear a shield while mounting the horse).

Edit: A guild mate give me a nice suggestion. I didn't tought about the STR required for a full plate set so he suggested to use Dull Copper instead Iron so we have a 20% lower requirements. Do you think for people it will be kk if we use Dull Copper instead Iron?

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having worn full plate for most of my time on Siege, might I suggest dull copper, but crafted in an iron hue?
I have no opinion either way, but the less visually challenged assure me that I look much smarter in that, than in "natural" dull copper.
But, aye, it does make the plate lighter to wear!

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mmmm so you suggest to use dull copper but to change the color in iron hue right?... Tomorrow I'll see if i can change the colour :). Anyway i just edited the rules with the change: Full Plate Armor set in Dull Copper so the plate are lighter to wear :D

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's an option when you craft them to use the hue of the chosen ore or not. I would send a screenshot, but I am currently VERY far away from my forge!
*pokes at board of keys and tinkered rodent*

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mmmm i don't rememer that option in the blacksmith's tool menu... Well this evening i'll check and if i can't find it i'll use the metallic tub to dye armor in iron hue :)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't find an existing painting of the smithing menu, but here's the tailor's one.

The "Do not color" tick box is the one you want, and appears on many crafting gumps.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Perhaps have metal dyes available for some on the fly color customization? Allow this during registration and the meet and greet portions of the event? Just thinking out loud...

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ohhhhh didn't tought for that part of blacksmith menu... I have to check ;)... Thank you :)
Kelmo you idea is great !!!... I can place a metallic dye tub in the market square and each fighter can take the colour he likes because we can't add logo to our armor like in medieval tournament :gee::gee:... For me it's same... What all of you think would be better?:grouphug::grouphug:

Magichands:D

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you're taking color advice from a blind man...
The dye tub idea is a good one. It might also be an idea to allow normal (property-free) cloaks as well, to give combatants one more way to show their heraldry?
*pictures an arena full of nothing but black knights, all complaining about flesh wounds*

*edit*

I found a painting!

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much :D... Well i must say i'm the blind one LOL... I've never seen that option :lol::lol::lol::lol:...
Well if for all it's kk we'll do in this way: Full Set Plate Armor in Dull Copper and than everyone will be free to dye it with the colour they like and everyone can wear a colored cloack (Without stat) :)

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Added Prizes for each Tournament :)... Sorry for the bank check image but they don't longer exist in game :p

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tomorrow is the great day :D... I hope to see many many players at the event and remember that if you want place a vendor in our market square during the event you can contact me :)

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When you say the armor must have, "no stat or imbuing", does this mean that the items can not be crafted with Arms Lore on??

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No the bonus of Arms lore is allowed :) (i can't ask to crafter to take away a skills :D and arms lore affect only damage increase on weapon and more res on armor :D ) ... It's a medieval Tournament so it's allowed wear Armor and weapon made by master artisan :D... Anyway all UWSP Armor Set and weapon are craft with Arms Lore :)

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you all for join us in this event :)... It was a funny way to spend some hours all together :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:.
And congratulation to our tournament winners:
Knight Tournament: 1st Place Lord Creeger, 2nd Place Lord Brutus, 3rd Place Lord Blind Otto.
Crafting Tournament: 1st Place Lady Talia, 2nd Place Lady Saoirse Kilkenny, 3rd Place Lord Blind Otto.
And congratulation to all participants :D:D:D:D

Thank you all again and hope to see all of you and more to our next event.
fotodigruppo.JPG

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I am wondering is where were the rest of the leaders of other towns, of councils, etc etc. I would have thought more governors or town leaders would have been there to show support.

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't there only like 2 or 3 established towns here? More curious is all. Sorry I missed this, sounds like it was a fun, we'll devised event ☺

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks, Magichands! 'Twas great fun indeed.
I hope ye can get rid of whatever is haunting your arena - something was definitely upsetting the horses!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What I am wondering is where were the rest of the leaders of other towns, of councils, etc etc. I would have thought more governors or town leaders would have been there to show support.
I would had loved to be there but it was to late for me on a Sunday, where I need to get up early next morning.

Can only be me you are attacking here. Is it not about time you grow up. Put that hate away :p

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Eheh don't worry citizens :D ... There will be more events and i hope more will join them :D... So better don't think who wasn't at the event ;)... We had fun and we spent some hours all together so it's fine :grouphug::grouphug:.
And thank you again to all partecipants :D

P.S. Lord Otto you are right i have to investigate about that but my idea is Harabec's Horse was so ugly that your battle-horse was scared :gee::gee::gee::gee:

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can only be me you are attacking here. Is it not about time you grow up. Put that hate away :p
My, My, My Freja you have thin skin. Here we go again with the poor me drama. My quote was directed to everyone that wants to make Siege a better place. I was very surprised that there were only a couple other people besides Gilfane there. I understood VVV was going on at the same time, but I just thought more would be in attendance is all.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My, My, My Freja you have thin skin. Here we go again with the poor me drama. My quote was directed to everyone that wants to make Siege a better place. I was very surprised that there were only a couple other people besides Gilfane there. I understood VVV was going on at the same time, but I just thought more would be in attendance is all.
Yes VvV was on same time, so yes some may have been there and some may have been busy trying to catch a big fish.
No I do not have thin skín but I can read between the lines and you was basily asking, where was Freja, Safe Haven council, non GIL governors = Safe Haven and TDO

"What I am wondering is where were the rest of the leaders of other towns, of councils, etc etc. I would have thought more governors or town leaders would have been there to show support."

How stupid do you think I am? I believe Vinny read it the same way as me.
Isn't there only like 2 or 3 established towns here? More curious is all. Sorry I missed this, sounds like it was a fun, we'll devised event ☺
I like Magichand alot but I do have a RL too. I also like his event, it's good to see more player events. I don't think anyone abanded his event, they was just busy somethere else.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you Ellie :)... Yes my goal is to host many different kind of tournaments so all players will have a tournament that is good for their playstyle :)... For example in next event we are planning to do an archer tournament, a crafting tournament and a different kind of horse-race... But we still have to think how to set up well these tournaments :)... And i don't want spoiler too much :p:p:p...

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, twas a worthy start to what will hopefully be a long trend of such events!

My trusty picture-imp painted a few pictures. I fear they may be a little small, but my imp is as out of practice with taking pictures as I am with reporting.

We started the evening with new friends, fine ale, and good food!

After a while, we moved on to the jousting!

Lady Hoffs dropped a favour, hoping that a valiant champion would pick it up and wear it in battle.
Brutus obliged. Valiant? No doubt. Strong? To be sure. Intelligent? Well...

The battles were well fought, honourably and valiantly.
Finally, the victor emerged - Lord Creeger!

Then, on to the crafting contest!
All crafters were given a bag of bulk orders to fill. Sparks flew from the forge, and needles whistled through the air!
Eventually, and many stabbed fingers later, the battle was won! Methinks this one was more bloody than the jousting!

Then, it was back to celebrating, eating and drinking, and a good night was had by all!

Many thanks to MagicHands and The Professional for all their hard work!

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn Otto, I need new glasses, this pictures are so tiny, I feel I'm almost as blind as you.

Well done Magichand, I'm sure more will be there next time and I will try to be there too or maybe I should send Tina Tink :p

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WoW Lord Otto thank you very much for the report :love::love::love::love::love:... I was so concentrated on the event that i forgot to take any picture :Begging:. Can we hire you and your imp as reporter for our next event? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.s.: At least now i know the arena ground was bugged only for me :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to miss this. I play in a band on Sundays, and the time was the same for the Medieval Event.