• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1st Time MIB since High Seas Question

J

jegilber

I just started fishing again as something new to do, and I ran into something that never happened to me before (having done an MIB in years)...

I went to go get 4 MIBS as I had 4 in realtively similar loctions. As I ventured out to get the 1st 3 I had no issues, I show up, fish for a few times to get the "pre-chest" loot, and then the chest. As I get to the 4th chest, there is an Orc SHip parked right on top of my spot...It had an Orc Bomber, 2 Orc Scouts, and an Orc Mage. All of whom seemed to be firing arrows at me. They were easy enough to defeat, after I realized the Scouts were cross-healing each other and needed to be poisned...

My questions is, is this normal? After I defeated them, the ship appeaed empty and started floating away. I could not seem to board or stop the ship.

Any thoughts?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
in order to board them you need to damage the ship with cannons you can damage sails to stop them and the hull to damage them enough to board

J

jegilber

Is there any benefit to boarding this boat? Can I repair/dry dock or is there good look in the hold?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
To be honest I am not sure i have not done one and I am not seeing any info gathered on it yet! So best bet is loot one and see then let us know :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
got some new info thanks to Tazar
Orc ship loot:
Common: 4 to 12 Light and Heavy Charge Packs, 4 to 12 Light and Heavy Cannon Balls, 4 to 12 Light and Heavy Grapeshot, 4 to 12 Fush Cords, 4 to 12 Matches, Swab, Ramrod
Occasional: Light Cannon Deed, Heavy Cannon Deed, Case of Smuggled Goods (one of 23 named wines - 20 single drinkable bottles and one deco 2 or 3 bottle group), White Cloth Dye Tub.
Merchants are about the same, but add lots of ore, wood, leather, food, etc.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
got some new info thanks to Tazar
Orc ship loot:
Common: 4 to 12 Light and Heavy Charge Packs, 4 to 12 Light and Heavy Cannon Balls, 4 to 12 Light and Heavy Grapeshot, 4 to 12 Fush Cords, 4 to 12 Matches, Swab, Ramrod
Occasional: Light Cannon Deed, Heavy Cannon Deed, Case of Smuggled Goods (one of 23 named wines - 20 single drinkable bottles and one deco 2 or 3 bottle group), White Cloth Dye Tub.
Merchants are about the same, but add lots of ore, wood, leather, food, etc.
Orcs have ore, wood, food, etc. as well, but the merchants typically have better.

Orc materials:
Ore: stacks regular through gold, compact medium type, can't remember the count
Ingots: Iron only.
Leathers: stacks of 10 Hides or 25 cut leather, regular, spined and horned (barbed is rare).
Wood: Boards (forget count) of normal wood only. Logs, stacks of 10, up to Yew in quality. The logs graphic is REVERSED, so they won't stack with lumberjack/tree stump logs (but boards cut from them will stack with those from other sources).
Food: Obscene amounts. Includes raw materials like sheaves of grain and flour sacks.
Other: Cotton bales (stacks of 24) can be spun to thread, which can then be made into cloth. Cloth is a possibility too, IIRC
Cannon support materials and specials as per Storm/Tazar.

Merchants:
Ore: Big piles, IIRC, up to Valorite.
Leather: all types, increments as above.
Wood: only done one Merchant, but if the ore is any indication, all woods are theoretically possible.
Otherwise, as orcs.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wood: only done one Merchant, but if the ore is any indication, all woods are theoretically possible.
Otherwise, as orcs.
Ore is not any indication: while valorite is quite common in merchant ships, I have yet to see one frostwood board or log. I've hunted lots of them and got many bloodwood and heartwood, either its rare or it was bad rng.

I wouldnt waste my time with Orc Ships, their loot is not as good as merchant ships.

Posted two of my loot list before here:

Ship I:
Cannon Ammunition
27 Matches
6 Light Powder Charge
8 Heavy Powder Charge
9 Fuse Cords
6 Heavy Cannonballs
9 Light Cannonballs
8 Heavy Grapeshots
8 Light Grapeshots

Ingots & Ore
200 Ingots
150 Dull Copper Ingots
100 Shadow Iron Ingots
50 Bronze Ingots
50 Copper Ingots

7 Dull Copper Ore
7 Bronze Ore
7 Copper Ore
35 Agapite Ore
28 Verite Ore
7 Valorite Ore

Boards & Logs
200 Boards
300 Oak Boards

25 Oak Logs
50 Ash Logs
100 Heartwood Logs
100 Bloodwood Logs

Leather & Hides
200 Leather
80 Spined Leather
310 Horned Leather
90 Barbed Leather

Ship II:
Cannon Ammunition
23 Matches
9 Light Powder Charge
8 Heavy Powder Charge
7 Fuse Cords
6 Heavy Cannonballs
8 Light Cannonballs
9 Heavy Grapeshots
3 Light Grapeshots

Ingots
350 Agapite Ingots
400 Verite Ingots
200 Valorite Ingots

Boards
350 Oak Boards
300 Ash Boards

Leather
800 Barbed Leather

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
2 reasons why I prefer going after the pirates:

1. I'm not role-playing a pirate, I'm role-playing a hunter of pirates. And I value my Karma.

2. The one merchant ship I did with my guild pretty much cleaned our clocks repeatedly, until we used a second ship to block them in and let them scuttle BOTH of our ships. The same group typically can do 2-3 pirates before getting scuttled in one ship. Yes, it was a Gargoyle crew on the Merchie...

M

Maximilliean

How difficult is it to solo these ships with an ABC archer?