• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) 1st Ithaca Organizational Meeting

O

Odyss3us

As many of you already know, I have been planning a player run vendor town on Vesper Beach in Trammel called Ithaca. Currently the town consists of 5 buildings, a Bank, Town Square, Pub, Library and Fishery. A sixth establishment is planned on the spot of a vacant house on the beach, the intention is to make that a mansion/museum. The plan is that each building will host themed vendors (commodities in the bank, provisions in the square, scrolls in the library, etc). The purpose of this establishment is to degrade the influence of Luna on game play and encourage more play in the classic Britannia towns.

My intention is to hand out free vendor spots to people interested and able to stock and manage them. To start this process I would invite each guild to appoint a representative at our first organizational meeting, to be held at the Ithaca Bank building on Friday, February 11th at 8:00 PM CST. The purpose is to form a governing body which will award and manage vendor contracts. While the contracts are free, what the vendors will be allowed to stock will be regulated to prevent competition among ourselves.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome. I hope to have a large turn out so that together we can build a better a Britannia.

Thanks,

Jason Lind / Lord of Lords

O

Odyss3us

As requested by the EM's, the coordinates of the Ithaca buildings:

Library: 49o 14'N 100o 37'E
Fishery: 49o 19'N 99o 33'E
Pub: 50o 49'N 102o 9'E
Town Square: 51o 47'N 102o 52'E
Bank: 53o 16'N 103o 30'E

Museum: 45o 37'N 98o 22'E (future)

W

Woodsman

I'm interested in the museum. I've been going through some accounts that have been closed for years, and just sorting through stuff and looking at vet rewards and tokens I haven't yet claimed, and while I know there are museums already present on LS, including the big one (castle) in Skara Brae, I'm interested in a museum that is devoted to the early days of UO.

I'm also thinking in terms of things that tie into the history of the previous Ultima games (I-IX) that have made their way into UO. There are museums and displays that have a lot of newer stuff that doesn't necessarily tie into the early UO days or into Ultima lore.

Can you discuss your museum plans a bit? I was going to do it myself but it'd be a lot better to work with somebody else, and I've got items I can donate.

Thanks

O

Odyss3us

RE: Museum

Right now the building it would be in is not under my control. The owner said he was very interested in joining up and redesigning his house accordingly, however he's hard to get ahold of.

The Museum would be not only for display purposes but would also have vendors for various decorative items, keeping with the theme of the rest of the town. As for the quality of the collection, I personally don't have anything exceptional. I sold my massive rare collection in 2001 when I left the game and have only recently come back. A quality loan would hopefully inspire others to do the same, and I agree an emphasis on old school items would be a great theme.

Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you Friday so you can share your ideas with everyone!

W

Woodsman

The museum is very bare bones - I'm still working on the layout, and will go with whatever walls everybody else is going with - I just wanted to get an idea of what can be done with a 16x18, so the design you see now was thrown together in a few minutes.