• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

19/12 - Winterfest 2011: A Finale That's Just Cold & A Fairy Stops By

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Date: Monday 19th December 2011
Time: 8pm Eastern

Gather at the stage area at the Fairgrounds (Use orange gate at the EM Hall) for the finale event of the Winterfest 2011.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Sugar Plum Fairy and Santa supposed to travel the lands the next few days to see who has been naughty or nice ?

I managed to find the Fairy and Santa deep in the middle of Ice Dungeon and was rewarded with this :

Which is quite cool I might add :) Thank you EM Barnaby & EM Adris.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Sugar Plum Fairy and Santa supposed to travel the lands the next few days to see who has been naughty or nice ?

I managed to find the Fairy and Santa deep in the middle of Ice Dungeon and was rewarded with this :

Which is quite cool I might add :) Thank you EM Barnaby & EM Adris.

"Deep" in the middle of ICE DUNGEON ??

I thought the Sugar Plum Fairies were supposed to visit the TOWNS of Sosaria, not "deep" dungeons.........

By the way, I am also wondering what the schedule is. Holiday times are very busy times for a lot of players who need to deal with family and social responsibilities and duties and all that and so it would help to know it before hand what the schedule is for the Sugar Plum Fairies to organize being able to be at the computer, logged, in order to get one's own Christmas Dragon.......

Not all players can be logged extensively to play UO, many actually need to plan it in advance to match the time in UO with whatever needs be done in one's own real life.

So, please, let us know what the schedule is for the Sugar Plum Fairies on Catskills. That is, on what days, at what time, and in which locations players will be supposed to find the Sugar Plum Fairies.

Thank you very much.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was a EM Event !

"I managed to find the Fairy and Santa deep in the middle of Ice Dungeon"

From what I gathered we released the Fairy & Santa from the Dungeon to roam the lands to give gifts to all the boys and girls.

That's all I know. It was a little confusing to me. Fight all the monsters in the dungeon and then finding the Fairy & Santa. Everyone seemed to thin out real quick after that. I found out that everyone went back to fairgrounds where the Fairy thanked them and told the crowd somethings. I missed the talk cause I didn't know to head back to fairgrounds and was busy fighting in dungeon.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed the talk cause I didn't know to head back to fairgrounds and was busy fighting in dungeon.

I would like, in regards to EM Events, a better ahead notice for the Events (at least a week before the Event will actually take place) so as to allow more players to organize themselves and be able to participate, and also more informations from Event Moderators to players about the actual Event and what players are supposed to do or go to, to avoid like it happened this time were there may have been players who missed the Fairgrounds talk etc.....

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we strive to give as much advance notice as possible, it simply isn't possible for a week's advance notice for every event.

As far as people missing the talk at the Fairground, they were not told they were supposed to head back to the Fairground, so nothing was missed. Before sending everyone to the dungeon they were bid a goodnight by the attending EM (myself), and told there would be a surprise waiting for them at the end of their journey through the dungeon. The Sugarplum Fairy only appeared at the Fairgrounds after noticing the large gathering of players there (because it did not want them to wait needlessly).

I apologize for any confusion - sometimes with larger turnouts some things get lost in the shuffle, but we try our best to minimize these instances.

This was only the first of a series of visits by the Fairy this week.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we strive to give as much advance notice as possible, it simply isn't possible for a week's advance notice for every event.

The problem is, that the shorter the advance notice to players the less players will be able to organize their time in the game and participate to the Event.

So, if the meter to evaluate the success of any given Event is players' participation, it would be a good way to ensure the widest possible participation to make sure to provide the most ample advance notice to players, IMHO.

I mean, what is the point of running an Event for just 3-4 players ??

Ain't it better to have 40+ people showing up at an Event ?

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more advanced notice they give the more off-shard folks are able to organize their schedules and attend every shards event and monopolize the EM rewards. I like the short notices and spur of the moment events because then I know that 99% of the people at the event actually play regularly on the shard and didn't come over just to get the EM rewards so they can take them to a different shard and sell them for millions of gold.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is, that the shorter the advance notice to players the less players will be able to organize their time in the game and participate to the Event.

So, if the meter to evaluate the success of any given Event is players' participation, it would be a good way to ensure the widest possible participation to make sure to provide the most ample advance notice to players, IMHO.

I mean, what is the point of running an Event for just 3-4 players ??

Ain't it better to have 40+ people showing up at an Event ?

I have attended most of the recent events the last few months. There HAS been plenty of notice of them in advance. You need to check the EM website more often and there is usually a shield placed by EM Hall with an announcement.

Now, the last few events had little to no goodies per say, so turn out has been low. I went and had FUN ! Yes, I received a goody or two. When it seems there will be a bubble gum machine type of goody in the end, you get a huge amount of people that show up ! So people do know. I dunno popps, I think if your missing them, you definitely need to visit either this forum or the EM Site Catskills. I post them in my guilds forum also and I know people check there also for events. Knights Of Solamnia (K^S) - Ultima Online Forums

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more advanced notice they give the more off-shard folks are able to organize their schedules and attend every shards event and monopolize the EM rewards. I like the short notices and spur of the moment events because then I know that 99% of the people at the event actually play regularly on the shard and didn't come over just to get the EM rewards so they can take them to a different shard and sell them for millions of gold.

I disagree.

I think that Events should be for the masses of players and not for just a few players to attend them.

And I also disagree with the current rewarding for Events. Whatever item given to be a reminder of participation should be account bound and not transferable.

EM Events should just be played out for the fun of participating and not for the items given to then sell them for outrageous amounts of gold.

So, the changes I would like to see are ample ahead notice of at least a week AND items given to participating players only as a "memento" of their participation and thus being account bound and not transferable.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Fairy idea in Ice was my idea, and it certainly was not to make it challenging to find, Infact the idea wasn't even to find the fairy! It was the fairy would appear at the end of the last Winterfest event.

The fairy appeared in Luna around 12pm EST today as well as a few other towns. It'll also wonder around again at 5pm EST and then 8pm EST.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Fairy idea in Ice was my idea, and it certainly was not to make it challenging to find, Infact the idea wasn't even to find the fairy! It was the fairy would appear at the end of the last Winterfest event.

The fairy appeared in Luna around 12pm EST today as well as a few other towns. It'll also wonder around again at 5pm EST and then 8pm EST.

Can you PLEASE be more PRECISE and detailed with what the schedule is ???

A lot of players these days are DAMN over busy because of the holidays and they simply do not have the time to spend countless hours waiting for the Fairy to show up who knows when and where........ Thank you very much.

Around at 5 PM and 8 PM on WHAT DAYS ? And WHERE ?

Is it possible to know a precise schedule DAYS - TIMES - LOCATIONS and know it at least a few days before it happens to give to players time to organize their time in the game ??

Thank you very much.