• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

18 x 18

• Thread starter greatpumpkinator
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

Nikodemus

Here is my 18/18 house hope it gives u some ideas!
1st floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

4th floor

outside

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, we can all throw out ideas, and in fact have done so many times, but it is hard to give anything but random suggestions without more to go on.

For an 18X18 (and in general any plot), you really need to decide first what you want overall. Do you want the full size of the lot to be covered by one continuous building? Do you want a little village look? A large building covering most of the lot, with a yard? That sort of thing. Then you need to consider, is the house in Trammel or Felucca - i.e. is safety in the design a big deal? Finally, do you want "classic" look, going for realism, optical illusion and interesting designs, etc.

-Skylark

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

Funny also mine is next door to yours but on a different shard !

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a link to my decoration album (via myspace) for some ideas.

And here the last 18x18 I designed for some ideas as well.

PS: If anybody has screenshots of my halloween or christmas design for 2007 I'll pay gold on Great Lakes! I can't find them anywhere!! Thank you :heart:

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love your house designs, Zynia...they always look so cozy and more like "real" houses.

I am curious...what did you use for the rail decorations? It looks like a white birthday bell with something on top to simulate a ribbon, but the image is a bit blurry, and I can't quite make it out.

-Skylark

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Sky, one of each type of yarn stacked on the same tile. ID to raise/lower to get a "bow" effect, and a white holiday bell underneath the stack. :} It was my christmas "garland" from my large marble, if you go to the myspace album you may be able to see it better.

Oops, thanks you. lol.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS: If anybody has screenshots of my halloween or christmas design for 2007 I'll pay gold on Great Lakes! I can't find them anywhere!! Thank you :heart:
If they were posted on the old boards you may be able to find them after the weekend. That's if I'm reading the announcement at the top of the board right.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were, I believe. I know my Halloween one was. I know Skylark has a picture of my electric chair from it! I had icicles made from valorite beaded necklaces.. I read that announcement too. So that means the old boards are gone? :(

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

Thanks ! I did some changes on it after i posed that .. once i get over this horriable cold mu loveing a wonderful daughter gave me and i get strangth back i'll re post

i added the granite counters to the 3rd floor to make a kitchen... i have been eyeballing those counters for some time and gave it a go.. turned out fantastic and cheers to the one who came up with them!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, there was already a plan to move to vbb, UBB is very old now and not supported. The crash brought things forward, somewhat to people's consternation because they weren't really ready yet.
The old databases are being imported into these though, so except for a few things that were totally unrecoverable, all the old threads with screenies and FAQs etc should be available here after the weekend.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

Ok so after almost 2 weeks with broncitis and pnomoeia i'm back and here are the changes I did to the rune library.. its not decorated cause i'm still a bit sick but you'll get the idea ;)