• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

16th July – Event at Jack’s Office in Bucs Den

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Date: Saturday 16th July
Time: 8pm EST

Event at Jack's Office in Buc's Den, Will be a gate at the EM Hall at 7:30pm - 30 minutes before the event.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really didn't enjoy this event at all, it was set up in such a poor way...

u take us around to a bunch of different locations, then finally we all get on a tiny boat, like 50+ people on the smallest boat in game, then it wouldnt even move, so we switched to a big high seas ship, then we were fighting pirates on their boat and u sailed us away from their boat to fight some that you pulled onto our boat...

and then u sailed us to a tiny island with pirate ships around it where we died a bunch of times, 50+ people on a 10x10 or smaller island, then the worst part was when u spawned the pirate captain which was fine up to half life, for some strange reason u decided to make it a tormented minotaur so as soon as it got to half life, it started to AOE kill people instantly over and over with no way out, u got rezed ud die instantly, finally a gate opened to get us out to rez, ud come back die instantly, we had the captain half dead, then the captain vanishished, when it came back it was still a tormented minotaur but with full life again so i just left

please thoroughly think through an event before you decide to do one, don't just wing it and say whatever happens happens, it all needs to be planned out before it actually takes place

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It never came back with full life.

It had the same damage done as when he took it away.

Just sayin. If your going to rant get the facts straight.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I appreciate the feedback, Indeed tonight did not go to my plan - which I had indeed made - and I also unfortunately underestimated the sheer power of the final monster (It's special abilities were set before hand and were not changed half way through the fight, nor could I change them myself to make it less lethal)

Also being unable to have wandering healers work on ships was a huge set back.

Lessons have been learnt, I'm still learning so my apologies for this event, I didn't foresee the problems and I promise next time will be better.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry i thought it was healed for some reason, I appreciate you acknowledging my response though

also what i meant was tormented minotaurs usually do not start to unleash their power until they reach half life, once at half life it will start to do area of effect damage and i think the more people around it the more damage it does, but im not sure on that, this creature is my arch nemesis and i recognize what it is right away, i've convinced a few EMs so far to never use them again hehe

mistakes happen and we learn from them so I'm glad you admitted that some things went wrong, some EMs feel that everything they do is right and they never make mistakes and won't admit to them so i admire that about you that, we are all human afterall, sorry if my criticism came off as a bit harsh, i was frustrated about getting killed instantly while at full hp a few times