• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Pet 150 stam greater hyru

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey bud, I don't really deal with hyrus a lot, but I lored all my fully trained CUs, the max dex/stam they have is 125.
Rune beetles have 150+ dex/stamina easy...

If you still need a good CU, i can post my 4.3 regular color for sale, here's the pics...

2016-01-12_110224.jpg 2016-01-12_110230.jpg 2016-01-12_110239.jpg

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Looked further into it, you're looking for a prepatch cu, they had 125+ stamina
@-Hey Arnold-
He's talking curse tamed pets. And, yes, curse tamed Greater Hiryus often had higher than normal dex as well as higher than standard hit points. But this gets into what I firmly believe is a misconception: that this higher dex could make your pet "blink" meaning that it could attack with supernatural speed.

Some friends and I did some testing on this. Yes, I have several "pre-patch" Hiryus and Cu Sidhes as well as simply good ones as did my buddies who tested this with me. We recorded the dex and had them attack a Shadow Elemental from a fixed distance. We even tested them blessed, not blessed, fortified with a tasty treat or not, above normal dex, standard dex, even the occasional one with ludicrous dex.

Yes, sometimes we'd see one "blink" and cross the screen in an instant. The one that did this most often, however, had standard dexterity. We could find no pattern to it. And, believe me, we tried. And Hiryus do this more often than those more cautious Cus.

But Hiryus are always quicker than a Cu, probably due to the Hiryu's longer visibility range. If you're bored and want some harmless fun, take a walk pretty much down any road in Tram or Fel that has the standard monster spawn of Ogres, Trolls and such with your Hiryu set to guard you. It will attack things you cannot see and will, at times, blink to get there :)

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
He's talking curse tamed pets. And, yes, curse tamed Greater Hiryus often had higher than normal dex as well as higher than standard hit points. But this gets into what I firmly believe is a misconception: that this higher dex could make your pet "blink" meaning that it could attack with supernatural speed.

Some friends and I did some testing on this. Yes, I have several "pre-patch" Hiryus and Cu Sidhes as well as simply good ones as did my buddies who tested this with me. We recorded the dex and had them attack a Shadow Elemental from a fixed distance. We even tested them blessed, not blessed, fortified with a tasty treat or not, above normal dex, standard dex, even the occasional one with ludicrous dex.

Yes, sometimes we'd see one "blink" and cross the screen in an instant. The one that did this most often, however, had standard dexterity. We could find no pattern to it. And, believe me, we tried. And Hiryus do this more often than those more cautious Cus.

But Hiryus are always quicker than a Cu, probably due to the Hiryu's longer visibility range. If you're bored and want some harmless fun, take a walk pretty much down any road in Tram or Fel that has the standard monster spawn of Ogres, Trolls and such with your Hiryu set to guard you. It will attack things you cannot see and will, at times, blink to get there :)

blinking or skipping is something that was addressed long ago by devs as a concern and something they focused on changing... However it is and always has been misunderstood by people who's experience in pvp as whole is more of a frantic adventure of inexperience. It is still something that happens from time to time, but not near as frequently as it used to, also the dex/stam wasn't primarly something that affected the pet's movement speed, it affected the rate at which they melee attacked, thus high stamina+strength elemental damage melee pets are valuable in any scenario that permits an opponent to be cursed or their resistances reduced (See runebeetle special attack for example).

Anyways, that deterred into attack speed in conjunction with stamina, back to "skipping" or "blinking". Where there was an early demand on higher stamina/dex pets to be tamed with curse, it comes with no surprise that during this era there was an increased awareness of pets "skipping" or "blinking" and given that most people noticing this were also people who at the same time were sitting behind their monitor, beating their meat or punching their clam at how "OMFG GREAT MY PET IS" noticing that every once in awhile their pet immediately jumps on to a person when they dismount themselves and command it to attack. Which is something that I believe is of nothing more than coincidence.

Why coincidence? Because to this day it is still possible for pets to "skip" or "blink" periodically. It doesn't happen consistently throughout the duration of a fight, nor has it ever. However it does periodically happen and there are many theorized ways of "controlling" it... For example, I have noticed that it happens more often with archers which leads me to believe that maybe it can be tied to character swing ticker snapshots, mind you the term "snapshot" is probably a poor choice here but I'm sleep deprived and inebriated so whatever. I also notice that the distance between yourself and the command target could play a role upon the initial command of your pet to attack a target. However more often I notice that the most often that I see this phenomena happening is when I command a pet to attack a target that I have since commanded it to attack, and have then commanded to follow myself prior to remounting the pet. Which leads me to believe that if you can time a command follow+remount between your pet's attack then the next time you dismount and command attack, that the pet will "skip" or "blink" to the target and deal a single instant hit, so long as they are withing your client's limit to target them.

Nonetheless, it's been a while since I've played a pvp tamer, and the last one I have left goes unused because Baja is dead, thus it wouldn't surprise me if I was completely wrong.

tl;dr:

pet skipping/blinking sometimes happens, and sometimes doesn't. Worry less about it happening and more about whether the 10+ script synced archers are going to Alpha your pet the moment you jump off of it.