• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed 12th August – Confrontation!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A hush fell over the hatchery, as the last minion’s corpse yielded no more treasure. The adventurers looked around, expecting another attack. But none came. A master of beasts applied a magical bandage to her dragon, while nearby, a mage cast healing spells on his friends. The huge, blue-hued bodies of the architects lay around the room, flickers of vile, stolen soul energy wafting upwards from their grotesque forms.

As one, the group moved towards the teleporter that would lead them back to the Black Watch’s barracks. Still, no attack came. No ambush. Just an unearthly silence, broken only by the sound of their boots marching back home. But why did this not feel like a victory?

“It’s not dead, you know” said a tall elf. “It’ll come for us again.”

A tinker-mage nodded, tossing trap after trap into the debris. “Let it.” he said. “It’ll regret it.”

The huge, blood-stained telescope turned slightly, silently, unnoticed by the departing party. A massive eye opened, and gazed through the portal that hung before the telescope.

“I began with no army. I rose to power with no army. I consumed whole worlds without an army. And yet you – you pathetic Britannians – you think me beaten? Your souls will be my food, and your soulless forms will serve me. You think you have won? Your hope is a tiny thing, without power, lacking imagination, and devoid of intellect. I will devour it in less time than it takes to measure how exceptionally small and worthless you all are”

A huge, inhuman form began to move across the ruins of the hatchery, soulfire rising from every corpse and flowing towards it, as the Soulstealer arose, turned in the direction the party had gone, raised huge claws towards the roof, and began to chant in words not heard before the world was born…

What you need to know

Nothing. You’re all doomed. Give up now. Hide under your beds, for all the good that will do you.

What? Still here? Oh, all right then…

• Gates will appear at the usual locations.
  • Announcements will be made an hour before the event starts
  • The event will take place outside of a guard zone. Don’t let that stop you.
  • This will be an extremely tough encounter. Don’t let that stop you either.
  • This battle will probably go on for a long time. Speak to a cook who owns a coffee plant or two.
  • You don’t want to miss this one.

Continue reading...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We have a time on this?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When you click the "continue reading" link it says August 12th. It does not specify what time of day though.
Aye, I saw the date in the thread title but couldn´t see a time on that day. With work that day I´m just curious to see if I can make it or not.

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I do apologise for the delay in posting times, and I know I still have to post the details of some events. I was waiting for certain celebratory information to be made available. A sticky with the August event times, and a brand spanking new time zone thingamawojit is now up!

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you so much! Tonight's event was alot of fun! Tough fight but well worth it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I took about 30 screencaps, hehe, but I think this one about sums it up! Thanks to EM Kincaid for this event, and the entire story arc, and everyone who came. It took a hefty percentage of Siege to bring this thing down, but we did it!

victory.jpg

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I took about 30 screencaps, hehe, but I think this one about sums it up! Thanks to EM Kincaid for this event, and the entire story arc, and everyone who came. It took a hefty percentage of Siege to bring this thing down, but we did it!
I died so much I had 0 fame at the end o' the night, I just spent 40 min whacking demons to get my lord title back lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk