• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 vs 100 Parry for Pet.

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you guys who have 120 parry on pet see any difference in pet effectiveness at parrying versus just 100 parry on pet? (this is just 120 parry only comparing to 100 parry only, no bushido). I'm trying to see if it's worth it to spend so much money on a 120 parry. If it's not worth it, I'd rather save the money for other scrolls like wrestling and/or tactics. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wrestling has value in that not only does your pet hit more often it does not get hit as often as well. To me a 120 wrestle comes before parry, not to exclude parry but if it's either or then wrestle.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am figuring this right a pet with 150 Dex and 100 parry would have 17% and a pet with 150 Dex and 120 Parry would be a 20% So it comes down to how important is 3% to you. Personally I have only dropped to parry scrolls on non bshi pets because 3% is important to me on those pets and their purpose. My figuring is based on the assumption that Parry is calculated for pets the same as it is for player characters and based on Parry Skill/ Dexterity/ Bushi Skill. Makes much more sense to me to save the 120 parry scrolls for 120 bushi pets that will be running either 35% or 40% parry chance, what I have not figured out if pets are considered to be using a 1 hand or two hand weapon....... If anyone knows the answer to that please enlighten me :)

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, thanks guys! Yeah, am debating 100 vs 120 on my main cu and I think I will be happy leaving him at 100 since that 3% isn't much to make a difference.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, thanks guys! Yeah, am debating 100 vs 120 on my main cu and I think I will be happy leaving him at 100 since that 3% isn't much to make a difference.
Yeah on a CU the points would be better spent on wrestle, tact, healing, med, focus, anat and MR 3% or Chiv if you are taking it that route more parry for a Cu would just be a wasted scroll IMO.

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah on a CU the points would be better spent on wrestle, tact, healing, med, focus, anat and MR 3% or Chiv if you are taking it that route more parry for a Cu would just be a wasted scroll IMO.
Thanks for your input. Yeah, if I ever get a parry scroll I'll use it on a pet that can run Bushido.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
even though they are unarmed my numbers have reflected that the game count them as 2 handed with bush and shield one hander without it, except for monster ya trick into having bush like a Cu .. seems like the A.I. of the sprites is off on that and it still counts them as using a shield and one hander even with bush.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even though they are unarmed my numbers have reflected that the game count them as 2 handed with bush and shield one hander without it, except for monster ya trick into having bush like a Cu .. seems like the A.I. of the sprites is off on that and it still counts them as using a shield and one hander even with bush.
Pretty much what I am seeing is the 40% parry rather than the 35% but hard to tell for sure with only a 5% spread. Without Bushing compared to with is very obvious LOL.

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I had read that if you add slashing to a cu that it can then learn bushido.. I have yet to try this so I can't confirm it... but it has me wondering what a cu would then be like if you went 120 bushido and 120 parry

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am not seeing much difference at all between 115 and 120 parry.. but do notice a decent difference in 100 versus 115 just to throw out another option.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
slashing01.png slashing02.png slashing03.png

Slashing adds Bushido as a skill, but it doesn't show on lore.
This is on a fire steed. Bushido might be there due to nerve strike, but I will test further during the week and see if it uses bushido spells.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect the tricking bushi onto non Tokuno critters is on the list of things to FIX :)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly they already did a fix to it.. My Bush Cu use to lighten strike all the time.. shortly after the nerf to mana reg , they did around of changes to skills... and the ai.. now my monsters I tricked bush on to no longer use the lightn strike, conf, or evade skills... These are the ones I added bush by using feint and N. strike.. I will do some test to see if they keep the use of the bush moves if ya use slashing.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly they already did a fix to it.. My Bush Cu use to lighten strike all the time.. shortly after the nerf to mana reg , they did around of changes to skills... and the ai.. now my monsters I tricked bush on to no longer use the lightn strike, conf, or evade skills... These are the ones I added bush by using feint and N. strike.. I will do some test to see if they keep the use of the bush moves if ya use slashing.
So.... do they?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, no.. after this change they lost all of the bush UI... they still get the passive damage increase and defense to bush related moves and the passive buff to parry.. but that all .. I ended up releasing that Cu back into the wild.. =* [