• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 Resist Spells. Yeah, like Roseanne resists an open buffet...

G

Isn't it pathetic that 99% of the time the poison spell, cast by a frickin SPECTRE, poisons my character with 120 Resist?

I'm serious, I would say only 1 out of 20 Poison casts are actually resisted. Oh, and NOTHING in the Necromancy Spectrum is resistable, it seems... or at least I've never been able to resist it.

Resist Spells! -hunh!- What Is It Good For.....

U

_Uriah Heep_

LMAO
good title, I love it!!!

Oh yeah, Resist needs to be moved back like it used to be, but it'll never happen

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, and NOTHING in the Necromancy Spectrum is resistable

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing with necromancy is that the effects themselfs are not directly resistable because their curses it just affects the duration, i.e you can't resist a mind rot but having resist makes it wear off quicker. Also damage returned while blood oathed is definitely lessened.

True it shouldn't be the case for things like poison from a spectre as they apparently have 70 magery so vs 120 resist shouldn't work often.

Playing without resist really sucks imo, every mana drain, poison, curse, parra ya really feel all of em.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Playing without resist really sucks imo, every mana drain, poison, curse, parra ya really feel all of em.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about how it is with "Legendary" Resist. ANY spell is going to appear as a debuff on my lifebar.

The only one I must admit rarely hits me is the paralyze. Only the Shadow Lords have been able to consistently get me with that one.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Well thats because all of them except poison are curses.

Things with over 120 eval will still parra you, the shadoowlords have 150 I think.

At least with legendary resist when you get mana drained it isn't all of it and it doesn't stay gone.

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

From the moment the kiddies found out about Evil Omen, Necro renders Resist Magic useless.

What a shame.

I

imported_Risso

More spells get through to me on a character with 120 resist than one with 100 resist
Kinda wish I hadn't bought that expensive powerscroll..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't it pathetic that 99% of the time the poison spell, cast by a frickin SPECTRE, poisons my character with 120 Resist?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just went to Yew crypts and had a bunch of ghouls, spectres and wraiths cast on my 120 Resist Spells mage. I was poisoned 1 out of 10 times. A bit less than your 99% number.

B

Budweiser KDL

<blockquote><hr>

I'm serious, I would say only 1 out of 20 Poison casts are actually resisted. Oh, and NOTHING in the Necromancy Spectrum is resistable, it seems... or at least I've never been able to resist it.

Resist Spells! -hunh!- What Is It Good For.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just guessing here but your suit may have alot to do with that...because my 120 resist pvp char with an insane resist suit seems to never get poisoned...pvp or pvm..

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm just guessing here but your suit may have alot to do with that...because my 120 resist pvp char with an insane resist suit seems to never get poisoned...pvp or pvm..

[/ QUOTE ]

All 70s, except my Poison Resist, which is 69.

Wow what a diff a point makes? :p

G

Quick! Get some Snakeskin Boots! Lol.

But yeah, it's kinda funny being Poisoned by an Imp on my Macer who has 110.0 Resist. In PvP, against a Necro, not even 120.0 Resist matters. Just a quick Evil Omen and you might as well not even have Resist. -50% to Resist Skill is too much of a debuff with Evil Omen, it should be lowered to -25%, so a person with 120.0 Resist would go down to 90.0 and still have SOME chance of Resisting Poison/Etc, instead of going down to 60.0 Resist, thus making any spell un resistable. They should make Evil Omen resistable as well.

Liked the way Resist worked in the Pre-AoS days. Could resist direct damage spells as well and only take like half of the damage, instead of the full thing. But that was an entirely different system, would be a bit overpowered nowadays with how Armor Resists can reduce spell damage as well. Back then AR reduced physical damage (Which was any Wep/Claw/Bite/Etc hit), and Magic Resist could resist any Spell.

A

Ah Beng

Resist Spells need to be buffed up to become more useful, but at the same time should not be made compulsory. It's actually possible to do this, eg. by *further* lowering duration and/or damage of *all* curses, perhaps including poisons, as well as resisting Evil Omen or lowering it's effect based on Resist Spells. But at the same time, leave trapped boxes in-game, so resist spells need not (because it *should not*) be compulsory (or else we need 120 more skill points for every char).

G

lol it's funny JC actually tested it, but, obviously, spectre/wraith do not poison a player who has 120 magic resist 99.0% of the time ;P. I run a spawner with 80 magic resist and hardly ever get poisoned by Tier 1 undead. as Lord GOD(GOD) noted, poison works differently than other curses (well, I still consider it curse-worthy), because as long as you can cast poison, you have a chance to poison someone. resist helps a bit, but even if the chance is 10%, it is so annoying. first, it used to be hybrid dexxers with only magery, now necro mages with no eval, wands, evil omen poison evil omen poison strike