• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] 120 Provo, with/without jewels

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question is this:

Let's say that I'm attempting to provoke a monster with a Stratics Hunter's Guide rating of barding difficulty of 128.

Regarding the "Chance of Success" for this Provo attempt, is there ANY difference between having a base skill of 120 Provo vs. having a base skill of 105 Provo and an additional 15pts in jewelry?
:confused:

P

PowerFullPete

I have 85 provo and i use the +5 provo bard talisman with a +15 ring and bracelet and it works great! Same as 120 real skill, and after your done equip your regular ring/bracelet!

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 85 provo and i use the +5 provo bard talisman with a +15 ring and bracelet and it works great! Same as 120 real skill, and after your done equip your regular ring/bracelet!
Ok, if what you say is fact - then the ONLY reason to have a higher "base" skill in Provo, would be for those very top level monsters that have Provo difficulty beyond the point that jewels can take you, ie. a monster that has say a 150 barding difficulty would pretty much "require" a bard with a 120 base skill supplimented with jewels, talisman, etc... Is this correct?
:confused:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the only reason to train your barding skills up to 120 real skill is if you want to do it.

there is no difference between real and ringed up skill when it comes to using the skill.

a bard with real 120 music and 120 provo dosnt have a better chance to provo animals over a bard that is ringed up.

so yes, you can imbue a ring and a watch with +15 onto each and effectivlly stop your training at 90 skill and lock it and leave it there and there will be NO difference to the fella that is 120 real skill........ for now.

that said.
and im just speculating here, i look at the stealing skill, and i see how they made it with stealing from monsters.
it goes off of your REAL skill for your modifier to get a rare drop, not your ringed up skill level.

so the only worry i would ever have is if some day in the future they where to do that with barding skills.

any posibility that will ever happen?

99% no.
but there allways is that 1% chance, hehehehe

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only reason to train your barding skills up to 120 real skill is if you want to do it.

there is no difference between real and ringed up skill when it comes to using the skill.

a bard with real 120 music and 120 provo dosnt have a better chance to provo animals over a bard that is ringed up.

so yes, you can imbue a ring and a watch with +15 onto each and effectivlly stop your training at 90 skill and lock it and leave it there and there will be NO difference to the fella that is 120 real skill........ for now.

that said.
and im just speculating here, i look at the stealing skill, and i see how they made it with stealing from monsters.
it goes off of your REAL skill for your modifier to get a rare drop, not your ringed up skill level.

so the only worry i would ever have is if some day in the future they where to do that with barding skills.

any posibility that will ever happen?

99% no.
but there allways is that 1% chance, hehehehe
Excellent explaination, Poo - thanks...

As I sit here thinkin' 'bout it, there is NO WAY I'm ever gonna drop my 120 REAL Provo down to make way for some other skill increase. We "non-scripting" Legendary Bards know how much time and effort it took to get here.

Besides, there are always those top-level monsters that a "jeweled to 120" bard won't be able to handle - that my 120 REAL can add jewels and pwn...
:fight:

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have 120 real skill provo and +30 skill on jewels, your skill will be 120...

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont wanna be the newb asking a dumb question but i thought the only skill that could get beyond 120 was smithing with that special hammer adding 60 while you used it.

Do other skills do something along these lines like the barding set?

Thank you
- James

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
120 is the cap.

but this brings up a interesting point.

with mobs capping at 160 barding diff, what we as bards could really use is a talisman that would be like a blacksmiths exceptional increase buff.

so like slap on a tali that gives ya +10% ontop of your 120 cap.

*dreams*

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides, there are always those top-level monsters that a "jeweled to 120" bard won't be able to handle - that my 120 REAL can add jewels and pwn...

Hmmm....... what top-level monsters are you referring to, if I may ask ??

And, what jewels (mods...) are you talking about when discussing their hunt with a bard ?