• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 necro vs 20 necro??

S

Storx

I am in the process of building my necro/tamer guy right now(skilling up animal taming right now) but the issue is im trying to pick a template. I see alot of templates that call for 100-120 necro but then i have seen a few that only list bare minumum to get into wraith form.. why is this.. and why are the other templates using more then the minumum to get into wraith?? just wandering. Im looking to be able to do well in spawns and big bosses like peerless and dark father....

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends if you just want the necro for casting wraith, or if you intend to use it beyond that. My necro tamer is my sole necro, so I opted to squeeze as much necro and spirit speak into the template as I could after I'd capped taming skills at 110. It enables me to do damage alongside my pets, and use all the necro forms and spells as necessary. In contrast I found I had more spellweaving skill than necessary for casting gift of life/renewal so I dropped that down.

Try the template you're thinking of on test centre and get a feel for it if you can. It's one thing for us to try prescribing you a template, but if you haven't gone too far down the training path yet, it's a good time to try things out before you've committed training time :)

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree on using TC1 as a Template Testing / proving ground.

I can prescribe a template that I will swear by 100% as the bestest ever. Problem is .... it is subjective and suites my play style.

Some things, first you can place a house on TC1 and IT WILL NOT COUNT VS YOUR PRODUCTION HOUSE(s).

Help Commands will give you a list of commands.
Help Skills will give you a list of keywords for the set command.

set animaltaming 1200 (sets animal taming to 120.0)
set animaltaming 0 (sets animal taming to 0)

set str 120 (sets strength to 120)
set str 10 (sets strength to 10)

give arties (gives you a very large set of artifacts, once you do this you may very well need to throw on the ground the artifacts you do no ever want because the bank box will have more items in it than it can hold, meaning you (as in YOU) try place anything into it and you will not be able to, although the system can)

give tokens gives you a set of tokens.

give air gives you a .... pet coloring tool. Click it and then the pet and the pet will be the color of the bush.

give resources gives you way more resources than you will need to make a suit that suites you.

There are more.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little more detail in the answer:

105 necromancy means you can wither, animate dead, evil omen, corpse skin and wither (yes, I said it twice, you'll use it that much)

20 necromancy means you can wraith form and you'll be using earthquake for area damage and mana regeneration. But you will have that 85 points extra to play with.

There are advantages to both. If I ran the wraith form, I'd prefer to go all the way 10 105 because wither is just that much better than earthquake and a dragon + 3 skeletal dragons do a ton more damage than a dragon alone.