• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing] 120 Healing skill anyone ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed, by reading many players' warriors templates, that 120 healing skill is not much used and often players prefer the life leech modifier and reduce healing skill to like 90 points or so.

The bonus with 120 healing is not worth the skill points used up ?

Why ?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This chart may help you decide if the skill points are worth it. http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/healing.php

You'll find that a lot of the newer templates just don't have enough skill points to go around and healing seems to be the first on the chopping block. It really depends on what you want to accomplish with your warrior and how comfortable you are at playing your chosen template.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People tend to trim points from tactics, anatomy, and healing to fit in an extra skill. Since AI is what most dexers do, they just need enough damage to do the 35. Healing gives you a hefty bonus for points healed per bandaid at 120 compared to 90, but 90 is more than adequate.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'll admit i kinda like when i see a 75 point heal from my dexxr...120 anat/healing and use enhanced aids which i believe bumps my healing +10 to 130 since the highest i believe 120 can heal is up to 70.

N

NickyDishes

this was posted before i believe....but enhanced aids does not increase your actual skill....it increases THE AMOUNT OF POINTS HEALED AT WHATEVER SKILL YOUR AT BY 10....correct?

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from what i understood if you are using enhanced aids you have basically a plus 10 to your healing to a max of 120. for example if i was using enhanced aids to res a person and i have 90 healing i get the same chance as if i was gm. correct me if i am wrong. i just wanted to get my facts straight.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Five on Friday, Jan 25, 2008:
"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:
Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:
"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."
What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.
(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)
Thanks to Athos for very kindly pointing out that we'd overlooked something :)

C

Connor_Graham

You should also know that the Devs also said that if you have, say, 100 Healing, that you should use a 110 PS in order to get the beneift.