• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Healing] 120 Healing + Enhanced bandies is waste?

S

Splup

Heya,

I always use enhanced bandies, does this mean I should take only 110 healing instead of 120, or do enhanced bandies help even when you have 120 healing?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From a FoF in January, 2008:
Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:
"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."
What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.
(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)
So no matter what your healing skill is, including 120, you will heal 2-4 extra damage from using the enhanced bandages.

A

A Bad Player

Since the question was answered, I'm gonna ask a related question. The healing and anat on my sampire is at 93 or so, but I get hit once or twice and my aids heal for like 15. How high do I need to raise anat and heal to heal for a respectable amount?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i've always done 110 healing, but i guess i never thought that maybe 120 + enhanced bandies = 130, maybe someone can shed some more light on this?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've always done 110 healing, but i guess i never thought that maybe 120 + enhanced bandies = 130, maybe someone can shed some more light on this?
According to the FoF answer posted above, if you use enhanced bandages at 120 Healing, the game treats it as 130 Healing for the calculation of how much damage is healed (and it uses whatever your antomy score happens to be).

Stayin Alive,

BG

A

A Bad Player

I just noticed Cetrics sig is dedicated to me! Paper > Cetric

C

Connor_Graham

According to the FoF answer posted above, if you use enhanced bandages at 120 Healing, the game treats it as 130 Healing for the calculation of how much damage is healed (and it uses whatever your antomy score happens to be).

Stayin Alive,

BG
Just remember that anyone with less than 120 skill must use a power scroll to unlock those extra 10 points of healing. If you're at GM skill, you need to have at least a 110 scroll eaten or you don't get the benefit.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. If that is the case, then would you not need a "130" power scroll to get the benefit of those 10 extra points?

C

Connor_Graham

Hmm. If that is the case, then would you not need a "130" power scroll to get the benefit of those 10 extra points?
No, because a 120 scroll opens the skill as it's the highest.

N

NickyDishes

that not how it works.....enhanced bandies doesnt raise your actual skill

C

Connor_Graham

that not how it works.....enhanced bandies doesnt raise your actual skill
This is correct. Enhanced bandages allow you to heal for the same amount of damage as if you had 10 points higher in the skill than you do, but they will not increase your chance to rez or cure poison. They simply allow you to heal for more hit points than your actual skill would allow. In order for them to work you must have either the skill points unlocked (110 scroll if you have GM Healing or Vet) or have obviously eaten a 120 scroll in the case of 120 skill. It all has to do with the way the formulas are set to work and the physical mechanics of how they're applied.

And yes, they do work for Tamers with Vet, so if you have a Tamer, you should be using them, and need to make sure you've eaten the appropriate scroll to unlock the skill points.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is correct. Enhanced bandages allow you to heal for the same amount of damage as if you had 10 points higher in the skill than you do, but they will not increase your chance to rez or cure poison. They simply allow you to heal for more hit points than your actual skill would allow. In order for them to work you must have either the skill points unlocked (110 scroll if you have GM Healing or Vet) or have obviously eaten a 120 scroll in the case of 120 skill. It all has to do with the way the formulas are set to work and the physical mechanics of how they're applied.
That is not correct.

The calculation of the enhanced bandage bonus takes place AFTER the skill check. A powerscroll is not needed to reap the benefits of enhanced bandages.

That is the real reason that they will not allow you to cure or rez if you could not otherwise do so, the bonus is applied after the skill check.

C

Connor_Graham

The calculation of the enhanced bandage bonus takes place AFTER the skill check. A powerscroll is not needed to reap the benefits of enhanced bandages.
Then you need to go back and find the FoF response that told us we needed to have the appropriate skill scroll eaten to free up the +10 points, because we were specfically told it was necessary.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of getting snippy with me, you could have done the 30 seconds of research it took me.

Original post, January 11, 2008 - the one you are assuming.

"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap?"

No - they give a +10 boost, but will NOT bring you up over your skill cap. (So, for Legenday Healers or Grandmasters who haven't used a Power Scroll, they won't actually help any more than normal bandies.)
The quote where they corrected this - January 25, 2008

"Enhanced Bandages - do they help if you're already at your skill cap," redux:

Leurocian looked over this again, and it turns out while we were partly right, we were also definitely wrong:

"Using enhanced bandages - even if you’re at your healing cap - will affect the amount of hit points healed. Enhanced bandages essentially adds 10 to your healing skill for the purposes of calculating the amount of hit points healed."

What they do NOT do is improve your success chance (say, for resurrection, which is 64% at GM.) So if you're capped out, they do provide a benefit, but it's a very specific benefit.

(Note: if you're NOT at the cap, one other thing enhanced bandages can do is bump you up over the minimum skill requirements for curing poison (60) and resurrecting (80.) You'll have a pretty low success chance, and you won't be able to gain skill from those attempts, but you can try 'em.)

Thanks to Athos for very kindly pointing out that we'd overlooked something :)

C

Connor_Graham

Instead of getting snippy with me
Nope. Wrong one. How do I know that? Because they don't specifically state you need to eat a +10 scroll. If it was that easy to find, don't you think I would have just posted it? Keep looking.

Oh, and I got "snippy" because that's the attitude that came across from your own post.

J

[JD]

With regards to JOAT anat/healing, will the healing act as if you have 30 skill for purposes of how much is healed? or 20...

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. Wrong one. How do I know that? Because they don't specifically state you need to eat a +10 scroll. If it was that easy to find, don't you think I would have just posted it? Keep looking.

Oh, and I got "snippy" because that's the attitude that came across from your own post.
Your misreading, read the bold part where it says that you will get a benefit EVEN WHEN YOU ARE AT YOUR HEALING CAP. They didn't specifically state you need to eat the scroll because it is obviously implied with the statement about the healing cap. Don't believe me if you want but its been tested on test center. Go there and test.

C

Connor_Graham

They didn't specifically state you need to eat the scroll because it is obviously implied with the statement about the healing cap.
Then why are you arguing with me about it? That's what I said.

*sigh*

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you said this:

In order for them to work you must have either the skill points unlocked (110 scroll if you have GM Healing or Vet) or have obviously eaten a 120 scroll in the case of 120 skill.
Which is not correct. You get the benefit "even when you are at your healing cap" - in other words, you do not need anything "unlocked".

C

Connor_Graham

No, you said this:

Which is not correct. You get the benefit "even when you are at your healing cap" - in other words, you do not need anything "unlocked".
The "healing cap" is 120, which is what they were referring to when they said you still get a benefit when you are at "the cap".

Either way, I'm done arguing this point. I know what was said, and why, and what was meant by it where you obviously don't, and will do nothing but continue to argue something that was brought up months ago.

Believe what you will. I'm done with it.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you said this:

Your healing cap is whatever you have eaten powerscrolls up to. Walk away from the discussion if you want, but I have tested it on Test Center, have you?

C

Connor_Graham

Unless you were actually around at the time, you can't go strictly by that. As I was there, and recall quite clearly what was said and why it was said, what I've said is exactly what was told to us by the Devs.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you were actually around at the time, you can't go strictly by that. As I was there, and recall quite clearly what was said and why it was said, what I've said is exactly what was told to us by the Devs.

I was around at the time, it is both clear what they said and what was meant by what they said, your just not getting it.

Again, go to test center and try it.