• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] 120/GM Necro/bush/Dex? Mage?

• Thread starter Tox The Murder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tox The Murder

Is this a good temp?

120 fence
100 heal
100 anatomy
100 parry/resist
100 tactics
100 necro
100 bush

This good or should i switch out necro for mage?

P.S. I got no LRC. I'm running with the reagents. :lol:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let me answer ur open-ended question with one.

what would a bigger open-ended question look like, other than your question?

T

Tox The Murder

Better Question would be?

Is GM templates still good for pvp?

L

longshanks

Is this a good temp?

120 fence
100 heal
100 anatomy
100 parry/resist
100 tactics
100 necro
100 bush

This good or should i switch out necro for mage?

P.S. I got no LRC. I'm running with the reagents. :lol:

i think you will have a hard time competing with this temp. get rid of necro.

tactics and anatomy healing even around gm are fine.

why not something like this:

120 swords
120 parry
120 bush
120 resist
100 tactics
90 anat
90 healing
------------------------
760 skill

+15 skill on ring +15 skill on bracelet +10 resist on aegis of grace.

a good suit that max's your dci/hci and all the goodies.

run a bokuto for nerve strike, feint, a no dachi for dismount (your riding a lesser hiryu) and a cleaver for bleed and lite poison.

you can heal with confidence, pots and bandies. your using evasion against mages.

good all purpose build, hard to kill.
why magery?

also why fencing with bushido?

you would be better off with swords so u can run a bokuto and nerve strike. feint is good too in pvp.

gm for bushido, resist and parry is to low. you really need to be 120 there or your doing yourself a dis-service.

i ran this build for a while and was much fun.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The temp longshanks mentioned is fun, and is a bit of a tank. Pop that evade when you're getting dumped on, and you can often survive 3 mages going on you if you are good with your pots and bandies/confidence.

A couple things I would add..

Parry really doesn't need to be 120. I actually run with 60 on most of my guys. At 60 parry with 120 bush you have 20% parry chance and you still get the mana discount on specials. Skill points take up ALOT of intensity on jewels.

I would also carry a hatchet for AI/Disarm. I love hatchets, so easy to hit the AI dmg cap.

Make sure you are human for this (joat), and make sure you have a chiv book and some tithing points. If you are dismounted, you'll really need to be able to cure that hiryu or you're a sitting duck.

Also - use the Grammar of Orcish talisman. In fact, I'd buy like 5 or 6 of them so you can keep an orc brute up at all times. Those things are NASTY when you double nerve someone who is half lifed. Also great with a no-daichi/hiryu bite on the dismount.

T

Tox The Murder

I just tried this out on test center. Fun fun fun. :)

What is a suit i can run with the orc tailsman?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried this out on test center. Fun fun fun. :)

What is a suit i can run with the orc tailsman?
That is kind of an open ended question...

You can run it with any normal dexer suit, just need to get your HCI and DCI from somewhere other than the talisman slot.

Slightly on topic question - does anyone know if RPD triggers an orc brute swing attempt?