• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] 120 gargoyle-120 human in queens forge "unraveling"

U

UOKaiser

Has anybody conducted any test on the difference between the 2 in unraveling. Is there any extra materials gain as a gargoyle from 2 identical items than a human. I refuse to turn any character into a gargoyle so can't test it out myself. Sorry if the information is somewhere already.

P

pgcd

There's a considerable amount of information about this, but let me sum it up for you: I also steadfastly refused to turn gargoyle, for a whole day - then I realized gargs get _at the very least_ 5% more relics because of their bump, and the distribution of properties makes that 5% look more like a 15%.
Add loyalty to that and you're looking at a simple fact: human artificers with no loyalty to the queen are a waste of skill points.

F

Fink

I think the difference was 20 points.. not sure on number of materials, but everything's just changed again, so.. it's hard to know. We either have to petition the devs for info or spend the next two weeks working it out, by which time they'll have changed it again.

If you refuse to turn any character into a dingbat (and more power to you) it doesn't really matter, does it?

P

pgcd

I think the difference was 20 points.. not sure on number of materials, but everything's just changed again, so.. it's hard to know. We either have to petition the devs for info or spend the next two weeks working it out, by which time they'll have changed it again.

If you refuse to turn any character into a dingbat (and more power to you) it doesn't really matter, does it?
Yes, 20 points - which are 5% of 400 =)

U

UOKaiser

Thank you. I was more wondering on the number of materials instead of the intensity of the material needed. But It is probably tied also to that bonus.

I will hate myself if I made any of my main account characters a gargoyle though I might have to bite the bullet and upgrade the secondary account to SA and train imbuing there get another 10k loyalty and then turn a barely used character to gargoyle sigh.. Gonna think about it for a bit.
Why do they have to be so handicaped.....

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I was more wondering on the number of materials instead of the intensity of the material needed. But It is probably tied also to that bonus.

I will hate myself if I made any of my main account characters a gargoyle though I might have to bite the bullet and upgrade the secondary account to SA and train imbuing there get another 10k loyalty and then turn a barely used character to gargoyle sigh.. Gonna think about it for a bit.
Why do they have to be so handicaped.....
Let me help you a bit. It took 3 hours to get 10k loyalty with a 5-6 day old char from scratch. Lord was 2 hours...

Get mysticism to 100 imbuing to 120. Then go to the toxic sliths outside the city. There's a consta-spawn. Couple problems for most people level 5 poison, they are FAST, really fast spawn rate. They give 30 pts loyalty each. So, basically 100 magery 120 imbuing 100 med 100 eval good med armor for the garg. Then, you just summon Rising Collosus.

I just finished off the Lord at the Ice Fiends because its so easy there.

Good Luck

F

Fink

400 is what you need with garg + queen's forge, 420 is human + queen's forge; the difference is 5%.
Ah I was told it was 401/421.

Are these figures still current? I'm not sure how to evaluate now they've altered things again.

B

Beastmaster

Ah I was told it was 401/421.

Are these figures still current? I'm not sure how to evaluate now they've altered things again.
Those are still correct. And those numbers refer to getting a relic from an item. It will always be a single relic. I have yet to see anything give 2 relics. Also bear in mind if the item was imbued then you need an even higher number.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Those are still correct. And those numbers refer to getting a relic from an item. It will always be a single relic. I have yet to see anything give 2 relics. Also bear in mind if the item was imbued then you need an even higher number.
You can get more than one relic from a item I jus got 2 from a 412 intensity duel spear ,this was a gargoyle at queens forge the item was enhanced with val and NOT imbued!

B

Beastmaster

You can get more than one relic from a item I jus got 2 from a 412 intensity duel spear ,this was a gargoyle at queens forge the item was enhanced with val and NOT imbued!
Well FINALLY some good news. This is the first instance I've heard about.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I get 2 relics from an item rather often but have no clue why.
I sometimes even (after the patch) get relics from items Ided for essence. Also by bumping an items durability to over 50 I can make some essence items (items over the cap that still ID as essence) go relic.

What I completely dont understand anymore after the patch is enhancing.
I imbue an item to 449 or 450, enhance with valorite and the thing stays essence (but sometimes still gives relic - before the patch Item ID was never off at least for me). Some other items imbued to lets say 430 enhanced with valorite go relic. There seems to be no logic whatsoever.
I seem to have better results with gold or dullCopper. Is it because gold or dullcopper actually give aditional properties (like heartwood)? while val only spreads resists and adds dur?

All of this on a 120 garg char with 10K loyality at queens soulforge (100 ID).

thanks,
Hephaistos of Europa

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
here is the formula thanks to chrome
Pub63's Unravelling Calculation.

A. Total Magic intensity
The basis doesn't change except damage convert intensity.
After Publish63, Material's Property is included in the intensity calculation.
However, Resist+ bonus is not included only by it.
Exceptional effect, DI+ or Resist+ bonus, is not reflected in the intensity calculation only by it, too.

example)
lower requirement -50% by dullcopper weapon is 50% intensity and 1 property.

A'. More than 5 properties.
When the number of properties in which intensity is calculated becomes 6 or more, the following adjustment is done.

a. Total intensity of all properties is calculated. Below the decimal is rounded down. [X]
b. X is divided by the number of properties. Below the decimal is rounded down. [Y]
c. 5 is multiplied by Y.

example) 5 properties weapon enhanced gold ingot
Hit Dispel : 40%
Hit Cold Area : 50%
Hit Stamina leech : 46%
Hit Chance increase : +10%
Defence chance increase : +9%
Lower requirement : -50%
Luck : 40

a. Total Magic and Material intensity
= 80 + 100 + 92 + 66 + 60 + 50 + 40 = 488% [but 488% is not applied]
b. 488 / 7 = 69
c. 69 * 5 = 345%

B. Material Bonus
After Publish63, Material Bonus is multiplication by the total value of A or A'[Total Magic intensity].
Before Publish62, Material Bonus was addition.

Dullcopper : *1.02
Shadow : *1.03
Copper : *1.04
Bronze : *1.05
Gold : *1.07
Agapite : *1.09
Verite : *1.12
Valorite : *1.20
Spined : *1.01
Horned : *1.02
Barbed : *1.04
Oak : *1.01
Ash : *1.03
Yew : *1.07
Heartwood : *1.10
Bloodwood : *1.15
Frostwood : *1.20
All Scales : *1.03

C. Race Bonus [not changed]
Human : +0
Elf : +0
Gargoyle : +20

D. Soul Forge Bonus [not changed]
Normal : +0
Royal city(center) : +10
Queen's : +30

E. Durability and Imbued penalty [not changed]

If Durability is less than 50, correction rate decreases 0.02 each.
If "Imbued", correction rate is 0.80.

example)
durability 45 and imbued --- correction rate is 0.70 (=1.00-0.02*5-0.20)

example)
unravelling item property[weapon] :
"Imbued"
Damage Increase +45%
Hit Dispel : 40%
Hit Stamina leech : 44%
Hit Cold Area : 44%
Dragon Slayer
Material : Valorite
Race : Gargoyle
Soul Forge : Queen's
durability is more than 50.

A : Total Magic intensity = 90+80+88+88+100 = 446%
B : Material Bonus = *1.20
C : Race Bonus = +20%
D : Soul Forge Bonus = +30%
A * B + C + D = 585%
unravelling intensity = 585% * 0.80 = 468%
Relic Fragment is unravelled.

this was posted in uhall it may be of help by chrome

Y

Yacct

Has anyone actually confirmed this? Those numbers imply an imbued intensity >= 429 will yield relics (given garg + royal forge + valorite/frostwood). After some quick tests on TC and prod, I wasn't able to recreate Chrome's results.

I'd have assumed if such a low intensity was needed other people would have posted about how easy it'd be to craft relics - no gems nor ingredients needed, just residue + regular gems.

C

Cazzador

Well I believe its 401, been a garg at queens forge. Times either .08 or .07 depending on the durability of the iteam. On his example at the bottom.
You see that the total intensity of the iteam was 585 but was dropped to 468% for been imbued, still well within the 401 needed for a relic to drop.

example)
A : Total Magic intensity = 90+80+88+88+100 = 446%
B : Material Bonus = *1.20
C : Race Bonus = +20%
D : Soul Forge Bonus = +30%
A * B + C + D = 585%
unravelling intensity = 585% * 0.80 = 468%

I'm going to run some tests after I get home and see if it pays off.