• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

12/15/2007 11:45 AM PST. Possible problems connecting TSO.

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_LFancey

I have several reports from all over the world that TC3 shows as down. Although I have been able to login every time I have asked Network operations to look at the problem.

I will keep you informed.

Lee

T

Taisen

Thankyou but I can't even get to the select sim page.. It only lets me put in my password to login and then it tells me the server is down and takes me right back to the login screen. I have a sim in TC3, AV and BF and can't even get to those either. Keeps telling me to go to the website www.thesimsonline and look for updates..I did the update from last night and I was able to log in with no porblem last night.

G

Its all cities Lee, we are getting stuck at 50% then after a bit it kicks us back to login screen, been doing it all day, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I

imported_LFancey

Thanks...

I have edited the title to say all cities.

I have opened a Ticket with engineering.

Lee

I

imported_sullimix

Thank You Lee! Really appreciate your time in looking into this matter for us all!
Is it lunch time yet.... Yeah Im hungry... will try again later

G

I havent had any problems either...

Is the number of people on line the same as usual? The Sims Stratics status has shown all cities up and no mods have responded to posts in Outages.

H

HoTDeViL

my problems started after maintenance.
if i log in with ea-land it stops after the updater at authenticating....tells me the server is down go to www.thesimsonline.com for update or try later.
if i try with my old sims online installation i get to the log in screen, type in my account and password and it stucks at 50% at initial server connection, authorizing user. then kicks me back to the log in again. before maintenance all worked ok

I

imported_LFancey

Usage is about the same... but then again it was before we lost the switch a few weeks ago.

So better to have them look then wait.

Lee

T

Taisen

Well I am still having problems logging in.. Any idea on how long it might take to fix this?

I

imported_LFancey

They are still working on it. It is working on and off.. So this will take them some time to track down.

Lee

K

K-C

<blockquote><hr>

Its all cities Lee, we are getting stuck at 50% then after a bit it kicks us back to login screen, been doing it all day, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same problem. I am not sure if this will work for you but this is what i tried and it worked...

instead of clicking on the picture of my sim to enter AV I clicked on my property and I got in just fine. I hope it works!!

H

HoTDeViL

if we dont get to the select a sim screen this will not help us lol

D

Dem0n710

<blockquote><hr>

They are still working on it. It is working on and off.. So this will take them some time to track down.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update. I know this may not be possible, but if it is possible, can you give an estimate on the time it would take for this to be fixed?

S

Soosiepoose

I have been having the same issue all day..I figured it would be fixed now. Two of my friends messaged me on Yahoo and they are in game with no problems.

I am getting an error screen at login..It will say "the server is down at this time" ..I've attempted off and on all day..same issue...

F

forsure01

Just wanted you to know add me to the list. I can get to the select a sim screen and than when I choose Alphaville, I get hung at 35% than server error. The interesting thing is I can choose JP or BF and no problems get right in.
Hope that helps.

D

donnallg

Same with me. I've being trying for 8 hours and still have not been able to get on. Still saying Server Down.

Can we get an update on the progress please?

G

It is working on and off

It hasn't worked for me all day. Would a trace route help? Trace to where?

I

imported_LFancey

I do not have at time frame. It is on and off... some get in some don't those that were in suddenly can't and those that couldn't suddenly can.

I and network engineering are working on it.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

No a tracert will not help me it is likely in the Data Centers.

Lee

G

Giah

I cant even get to the log in screen. I just get the updating the updater over and over.

I

imported_LFancey

Those that are stuck in a update cycle. Please let me know if you can see the login screen with the the choice for TC3 or TSO. If you can patch to TC3 first then back to TSO.

Please keep this thread to those how are getting messages that indicate that the city is down or the servers are down.

Thanks

Lee

D

Dem0n710

<blockquote><hr>

Those that are stuck in a update cycle. Please let me know if you can see the login screen with the the choice for TC3 or TSO. If you can patch to TC3 first then back to TSO.

Please keep this thread to those how are getting messages that indicate that the city is down or the servers are down.

Thanks

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see that screen yes. What do you mean by patch to TC3, then TSO? I'm new. lol

I

imported_LFancey

Dem0n710,

Pick the TC3 option, let the game patch. If you don't play in TC3. shut the game down and restart this time picking TSO and let it patch.

Thanks,

Lee

D

Dem0n710

<blockquote><hr>

Dem0n710,

Pick the TC3 option, let the game patch. If you don't play in TC3. shut the game down and restart this time picking TSO and let it patch.

Thanks,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on a trail account, so I can only play TC3. I have let the game patch, both. I even patched TSO, shut the game down, re-opened, same error.

T

Taisen

If I use window mode I log in and it gets to 50 percent and then takes me right back to the login for my password again. I never get to anything else. On the percent thing it just says initial server connection..authorizing user... 50 percent...Does nothing and I get taken back to where I put my password in...

Now if I use full screen mode...I get the screen to log in and put in my password.. I do that and it takes a few mintues then it gives me a box that says : server is down. go to www.thesimsonline.com and check for updates or try again later. Again not getting past the password to log in and not being able to even get to the select a sim page.

I did the update last night after maint. It worked fine after that. I played a bit and went to bed. Today I can't get it to work. I don't understand what you mean by the TC3 and TSO as I am not seeing anything other then my account name and where to put my password in the box when you start up.

D

Dem0n710

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Dem0n710,

Thanks,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on a trail account, so I can only play TC3. I have let the game patch, both. I even patched TSO, shut the game down, re-opened, same error.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens is, it downloads the patch, says update has been completed, then gives the error message of the server being down.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Dem0n710,

Thanks,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I pick the TC3 option and it gets stuck at "authenticating". Then it tells me that the servers are down.

I tried it going to tso also and the same thing.

H

HoTDeViL

i can see the log in screen where i can pick the sims online or testcenter 3 but it doesnt matter where i click it only starts the patcher tells me the update is done. after this it stops at authenticating....tells me the server is down go to www.thesimsonline.com for update or try later. i cannot do any update

and finally bedtime for me now 2 am already and to tired to wait longer. sadly a saturday without sims online lol, i was glad to be back but seems not to be meant to play for me lol.
hope you can solve this until tomorrow

C

Cupcake2007

Yep its still happening just tried it now to log into AV and get stuck at 35%. Anyways, will just have to wait and see what's happening.

C

Cupcake2007

I think its been happening off and on all day. Hope they can figure it out. Take care guys.

I

imported_LFancey

Not yet.

I will keep this updated every few hours until its resolved.

Lee

T

Taisen

Every few hours? WOW... I have had this problem since 1 pm my time and it is now almost 10 pm...Sigh...I really hope this is fixed by morning because if not I might have to find another game to play....

K

krazykara

I have been in with two accounts with no problem. I didn't know there was a problem with logging in. There seems to be several people on too.

D

Dem0n710

<blockquote><hr>

I have been in with two accounts with no problem. I didn't know there was a problem with logging in. There seems to be several people on too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem oddly doesn't affect everybody. I have a friend who's been online for hours playing, while I've been trying to play/get online for 9 hours now.

D

donnallg

It has now been 12 hours that I've tried off and on to get on with no luck.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stuck in the update cycle.
I don't have ea land installed but I do get the choice screen.
I was stuck updating after picking The Sims Online and also after picking TC3.

My error is:
There was an error updating the updater. Press Skip or Quit. so I push skip because i dont want to quit and I get this error:

Failed to connect to the server. This may be due to networking issues or could be due to scheduled server maintenance. Please verify your network connection
and select retry or quit....

And I get that over and over.

I

imported_LFancey

They are still looking and yes I have tried enough to experience the problem myself.

No ETA

Lee

S

sopranosprincess

Hey any update on this server issue yet? My yahoo is going crazy with people that cant get on
<font color="red"> </font>

I

imported_LFancey

Dem0n710,

I wished I knew... It is random so it is hard for them to find.

Lee

S

sopranosprincess

oops lol nvm lee..didnt see your post guess they just gonna have to be patient

D

Dem0n710

<blockquote><hr>

Dem0n710,

I wished I knew... It is random so it is hard for them to find.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post that. lol But, I can understand how this may be difficult to find. I guess we're all just having withdraws. lol

P

Pami

<font color="pink">I can't get on TRSO dues to saying server is down go to www.thesimsonline.com and I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. I was on this morning for a little bit also and i got to see snow in the map view this morning too. I WANT MY TSO!!!!!! </font>