• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

119 Fishing

Zara

Adventurer
This is likely a silly question, but is there a trick from 119 to 120? Seems like I hit 119 and just stopped. Nothing seems to make it gain anymore. I've done deep sea fishing and SoSes, even ancient ones. It won't gain.

Do I need to do a fishing quest or dungeon fishing or something like that or just keep fishing in deep water?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a bunch of fisherman and have always 120'd in deep water but it did indeed take quite a while. Do some dungeon fishing and take a break from the boat for a while. You can always take a few bags of sending with you to send off the stacks of dungeon fish if you save them for the fishmonger or cut them up as you catch them and do that for a while. I tried to keep the boat moving slowly as I fished from 115-120.

Reactions: Gem

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Feel free to drop by the Fishing Council of Britannia's Discord channel and post a request--friendly fishers may have other suggestions.

Zara

Adventurer
I have a bunch of fisherman and have always 120'd in deep water but it did indeed take quite a while. Do some dungeon fishing and take a break from the boat for a while. You can always take a few bags of sending with you to send off the stacks of dungeon fish if you save them for the fishmonger or cut them up as you catch them and do that for a while. I tried to keep the boat moving slowly as I fished from 115-120.
Ah okay, so in terms of difficulty is dungeon fishing equal to deep water? I was thinking I needed something harder than deep fishing because it seemed I got to 119 and then nothing since even doing a couple of ancient SoSes.

Usually I fish out a spot and move about 8 spaces away and try again in deep water. But if dungeon fishing is rated as being more difficult it seems it would raise me faster or is it all the same?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ah okay, so in terms of difficulty is dungeon fishing equal to deep water? I was thinking I needed something harder than deep fishing because it seemed I got to 119 and then nothing since even doing a couple of ancient SoSes.

Usually I fish out a spot and move about 8 spaces away and try again in deep water. But if dungeon fishing is rated as being more difficult it seems it would raise me faster or is it all the same?
I don't think that there is any difficulty difference between the two. I just suggested it for a change of pace and sometimes doing something like that can jump start gains that seem to be stuck.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On the first fisher I made I used pink scrolls to get the last 3.0.. I highly recommend that if ya can :D

2nd Fisher I made I dungeon fished all the way. But, I was trying to complete the set of 'Trophy Fish' during that time as well and needed all the dungeons. You can go the route of ggs stuff if you want but you can indeed gain more than that daily.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the first fisher I made I used pink scrolls to get the last 3.0.. I highly recommend that if ya can :D

2nd Fisher I made I dungeon fished all the way. But, I was trying to complete the set of 'Trophy Fish' during that time as well and needed all the dungeons. You can go the route of ggs stuff if you want but you can indeed gain more than that daily.
I stoned everything off but fishing and let my Tamer come protect me and yes those last points were so OMG. I looked for pinks but nobody had any so I bit my lip and trugged on, I also wanted a blue one so I could log, get gain,log to stop timer but couldn't find those either.