• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] 115 Fishing vs 120 Fishing - Is the extra 5 points needed?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't see a whole lot on this when I searched...

I'm currently at 115 fishing (capped) and thinking about 120 fishing but the current (lowest) price on ATL is 75m for the scroll (last week the lowest was 100+). This made me wonder what is the difference between 120 fishing vs 115 fishing (to decide if the added perks of the extra 5 skill was worth the price tag).

I'm just looking for facts on what 120 fishing gives you that you don't get with 115 fishing. The only things I think I've seen so far is that at 120 you get the title of "Legendary Fisher" and I believe you have a (very small) chance at catching a void lobster. I think I also saw higher chance to get Charybdis bait (or something like that) but now that the bait is craftable, that doesn't actually matter much anymore.

Is there any other perk of having 120 fishing that I'm missing, like at 120 fishing is there a better chance of getting ancient SoS or pulling up higher level chests? Hoping to stick to facts on this thread instead of opinions about how fishing isn't a money maker regardless so 115 vs 120 doesn't matter (or whatever else)...looking to make my own conclusion based on facts.

Thanks!