• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

11/16/2007 6:34 PM PST Service Problem with Updates (RESOLVED 11/17/2007 2:06 AM PST)

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_LFancey

Currently there appears to be a problem with the updating service on the east coast. We do not know the exact nature of the problem but do know that this is causing update errors that include this string CASTANET_ERROR_HTT.

This can occur from any Icon TSO or EALand.

Network Operations Control has been notified and I have no ETA. My current recomendation is do not patch to a different city. Until I sound the all clear.

Lee

I

imported_rpsky3

Thank You Lee for the information and update. Hope this clears up!

M

MonaLittlemore

At this point Fancy I cant log into any thing , I get the same message ...O how I need my Sims

Z

Zsazsa Zee

uggh...Thanks Lee....
Imagine my surprise when the computer I use solely for TC3 kept giving me the CASTANET ERROR.....grrrrr

I hope it gets fixed soon.
Thank you

I

imported_LFancey

Update,

There is a problem with one of our update transmitters and I have esclalated the matter to FLS and Network Engineering.

I will keep you informed as I get details

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

I now have SO-Unix looking at the issue.

No ETA on resolution yet.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

All

SO-Unix Infrastructure Managment Services is still working on the problem

I will keep you informed best I can.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

Update:

This problem has been escalated to tier 3 support no ETA yet

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

I have asked them to call me when they have the problem resolved. In the mean time I will be catching a few zzzz's

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

NetEng has informed me that the problem is resolved. I have patched back and forth from TSO to TC3 from the EALand Icon and the TSO Icon.

Please let me know if you are still encountering problems.

Thanks

Lee

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Wow. Now that's service!!! Thanks for your diligence, Lee. It's much appreciated!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow. Now that's service!!! Thanks for your diligence, Lee. It's much appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]
What she said!

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Thank you for all your work Lee but I am still having proplems. I am on a computer that is only used to play TC3. I don't patch back and forth. I only play TC3 on this comp and I still get the same error. Time:1:20pm est Saturday November17.
Help....

I

imported_LFancey

Zsazsa Zee,

If you are getting the CASTANET error then do this.

Please do the following.

If you are using the EALand install please locate the following folder.

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand

-Inside the EALand folder you should see two other folders called TSOClient and TSOPatch.
-Please rename the TSOClient folder to something else such as TSOClientOLD.
-Please make a new folder in the EALand folder named TSOClient.
-Following the above example you should now have TSOClient (Which you just made and is empty. This is good), TSOClientOLD, and TSOPatch.
-Start up your game using a shortcut to TSO.exe.

If you are using the older TSO installation then peform the above steps except you will find TSOClient in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online

These operations will force an installation of 1196 MB and will re-install all the files and folders in the empty TSOClient folder. The reason you are doing this si to remove any potential corrupted files

-Verify that you can login.
-If you can login you may delete thet TSOClientOLD folder you created.

Thanks

Lee

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Hi I wasn't able to respond because there was an error on stratics.  I am still having problems. 
I don't have an EALand folder.   The TSO client folder is not empty. I am very confused

Here is what I did: program files.....opened Maxis...Opened The Sims Online which contains TSO Client and TSO patch.
TSO Client has lots of files including that lovely CASTANET  which up until now I thought was a little instrument used in pairs to make a rattling sound in time with dancing. lol
TSO Patch also has a CASTANET.......TSOexe...properties ...some Buddies? ect....

I realize that the instructions you wrote were from the " Dummies Version" but I need one for "Helpless Dummies who are easily flustered"...or I have a spare room ....I can put you up for the night....make you dinner...how long will it take you to fly here? lol
PLzzzzzz Lee....my other option is housework

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Try this (I just edited Lee's post to hopefully fit your situation):

If you are using the older TSO installation you will find TSOClient in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online

-Inside [that] folder you should see two other folders called TSOClient and TSOPatch.
-Please rename the TSOClient folder to something else such as TSOClientOLD.
-Please make a new folder in [that] folder named TSOClient.
-Following the above example you should now have TSOClient (Which you just made and is empty. This is good), TSOClientOLD, and TSOPatch.
-Start up your game using a shortcut to TSO.exe.

This operations will force an installation of 1196 MB and will re-install all the files and folders in the empty TSOClient folder. The reason you are doing this is to remove any potential corrupted files

-Verify that you can login.
-If you can login you may delete thet TSOClientOLD folder you created.

Hope I got that right.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

tyvm

I don't know what I did but after a click here and there and everywhere I did get in...phew....still clued out...but I wanted to let you know Lee before you hop on that plane
lol
Thank you Spagetti for your information . I appreciate it

I

imported_LFancey

Zsazsa Zee,

I laughed at the housework thing glad its all better.

Thanks for doing the switcheroo there Spagetti.

Lee

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Thank you both...Lee and Spagetti

I'm glad it worked out as well. To @#$% with housework !!! lol