• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] 100 HML blade staff

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this isnt a crafter forum...but any suggestions on how to craft...please pm me or post...I really need some help

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You need a copper runic hammer, choose powerful reforging, grand artifice, inspired artifice - vampiric/of the vampire. every attempt cost 4 charges so You have 10 tries each tool. usually You need about 2 hammers to get one 100% hml or hll and a lot of crap

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a copper runic hammer, choose powerful reforging, grand artifice, inspired artifice - vampiric/of the vampire. every attempt cost 4 charges so You have 10 tries each tool. usually You need about 2 hammers to get one 100% hml or hll and a lot of crap
been doing this for about 24 hrs burned 10 copper hammers...no 100 HML but 4 100 HLL...what am I doing wrong?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sucks doesn't it. You spend hours/days/weeks/months training up a "crafter" then (most) of the stuff you craft relies on the RNG.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks...I will take this to mean we are doing nothing wrong and will just keep at it

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I crafted a set of broadswords AND double axes and it took me many mils in gold to buy all the copper hammers I needed, and that was with one house on GL nearly always having them in stock for cheap. It's probably because I was looking for 100 HLL, but I got plenty of HML ones. Even gave a couple away because it was more than I ever planned on using.

Li Mu Bai

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i also had a bad day when i burned 5 or 6 hammers and got nothing but the other day i got 4 100 hml ones from 1 hammer. of course i was trying to craft 100 hll :). you can also use bronze runic without powerful reforging if you prefer for any reason. my universal advice - always try to reforge on tc. just in case.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last weekend, around 10 copper hammers for a single 40 ssi viking sword ( to be altered into a stone war sword ). Sometimes one only needs 2 hammer to get something, other days the rng hates you really bad. On the bright side, out of 2 val hammers i got 2 very nice pieces for my mystic fencer that got exactly what i needed.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just burned up three copper hammers on Lake Austin. I got two or three 100 HML, one 75/75 HML/HLL that I may try to use for something. I guess I'll get my guy out with 0.1 blacksmithy so I can get some shield deeds again and bribe them up for some more copper hammers and try again.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if the 75/75 would be good enough with a 120 swords/anatomy/tactics/bushido/parry/chivalry dexer to handle high end mobs. What slayer would you put on it? Dragon for Stygian/Rikky or I wonder what to do with it...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I didn't know this was in such demand. I got today a bladded staff drop with 100 HLL and 100 HML. Is that worth anything?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it might be depending on the other stats...

you can add dragon are spider to them for bosses

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I didn't know this was in such demand. I got today a bladded staff drop with 100 HLL and 100 HML. Is that worth anything?
It is not a bladed staff, it is a halberd. I don't think someone need a halberd... especially without SSI.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theron....farm the big bosses for their drops....slithers , tangles, crimsons, animated legs...etc selling those will net you large sums of gold...and there is enough variety there to keep it interesting.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The RNG hates me, just burned three more coppers, and I'm searching for the elusive 100% HLL so I can drop necro and try out 120 chivalry on my dexer.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of the bosses in Stygian can fall to a tamer....devoured of souls drops tinkered legs that sell so 30-80 mill depending on the shard. So does the wyvern....navery big butt .....medusa...all can fall solo to a tamer or a sampire.