• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

100% Hit Life Leech, how?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used dull coper hammers and got 75% HLL only.

I tried with a copper hammer and still got 75% HLL, but this time with unwanted mods on the weapon.

What gives?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
LL is based on the weapon speed, slower weps get you 100%. With a leafblade I have gotten like 65 range then if you imbue ssi on it the ll drops accordingly.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can reforge 100% HLL on a weapon that is 3.00s or slower. On faster weapons HLL varies from 70% (2.00s) to 96% (2.75s). You should use copper runics with power reforging to get max value.
On ranged weapons the cap is 50%. You can imbue 50% HLL or reforge 70% on a dagger. You can imbue 50% on a soul glaive but you can't reforge more than 50% on it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm making some weapons myself (with some great help and info from CorwinXX) I managed to make some 100% HML bladed staffs using copper runic and poweful charge. Is it the same hammer to get the HSL?

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made some 100%HLL double axes (and no other modifier except DI), with this modifiers: Copper runic hammer Powerful Reforging Inspired Reforging Choose Vampiric/of the Vampire It takes 4 charges. On average, you'll get 1 weapon out by every hammer, with 100% HLL or HML, and no other modifier (except 40 DI). You have to have patience... :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible (maybe using different hammer) to get 100 HML and 100 HLL on the same weapon?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a set (all superslayers) of prepatched Disc Maces with 100% HML and 100% HLL.

What do you mean by "prepatched" . What patch and what did it change? Sorry about my ignorance, but I've not been focused on uo much for some time now.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
They changed weapons damage and speed. They also changed specials for some weapon. I wasn't playing when it happened (I returned 7 month ago) so may be there were several patches not just one.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They changed weapons damage and speed. They also changed specials for some weapon. I wasn't playing when it happened (I returned 7 month ago) so may be there were several patches not just one.

That is the one that I recall. Welcome back. I hope I also have the patience to learn the ins and outs of making a good suit in the current environment. Your guides are great. Thanks.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reforged a 100% HLL on weapon but why did it reduce to 87% when I imbued SSI...why?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I reforged a 100% HLL on weapon but why did it reduce to 87% when I imbued SSI...why?
HLL scales based on weapon swing speed... that includes base weapon speed and SSI. The faster the weapon, the less leech you get. I theory, the leech over time should remain about the same though.