• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

100% Elemental Weapons

Grugot

Journeyman
I was trying to get a 100% fire and this one turned out 70% fire 30% physical. Ended up using the wrong ingot on it to reforge and now its 90% fire / 10% cold. Would you still use it as an undead slayer or should I junk it?

Note, I went through 7 hammers and this was the only fire one I got. The only other one was a 100% cold. Pretty disappointed in the RNG.

1692657093767.png

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
RNG will even out, although I also tend to go through 100% the fastest and am always trying to get more.

Eventually you'll have a nice stockpile of 100% elementals if you just keep at it.

I would probably junk it and get some more shadow hammers. the other elemental will come in handy so dont toss any 100% ones.

Weakness to cold and energy sometimes go together (like on dragons and demons). so you can always mix cold and energy, but fire weakness is normally just weak to fire.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I was trying to get a 100% fire and this one turned out 70% fire 30% physical. Ended up using the wrong ingot on it to reforge and now its 90% fire / 10% cold. Would you still use it as an undead slayer or should I junk it?

Note, I went through 7 hammers and this was the only fire one I got. The only other one was a 100% cold. Pretty disappointed in the RNG.

View attachment 146330
So your axe will do 10% less damage to creatures with 100% cold resist.
I see no problem here at all.
Use dull copper tunic hammers if you need fire weapon. Shadow Iron runics are good for cold, but if you only need fire it is overkill.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So a dull copper hammer to reforge or to create an axe?
already pin up on crastman forum how to do it

Grugot

Journeyman
I gave it a try. Went through 7 dull copper hammers. Got about 6 elemental weapons. All of them were 70% 30% and all of them had a secondary stat (-25 Mage Weapon, Mana Regen +2, etc). All junk.

Xoos

Journeyman
I never use dull... Always shadow. Get 8 of them and 90 weapons to reforge and I think you'll get what you're after.

Powerful/grand/inspire and select exquisite/of quality for the name I believe. Should be good

Xoos

Journeyman
And if you need to enhance don't forget a +60 smith hammer to go with your 120 skill. I have no proof but I feel it increases the odds to enhance a plain weapon to 100 ele damage to close to 100 percent

Grugot

Journeyman
I tried shadow. Out of 7 hammers I ended up with 1 clean 100% energy, 1 70/30 cold with HCI 10 that I was able to enhance successfully (+60 runic hammer), 1 90/10 fire with lower defense that failed on enhance (+60 runic hammer), and about 5 or 6 70/30 various elementals that had durability on them. I junked those.

I'm pretty sure a GM is messing with me now. The problem I am having to get 100% fire is pretty ridiculous at this point.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Dull copper is cheap and for me rate of getting clean 60% fire damage is quite high. By the way, I reforge vendor double axes only. Not exceptional.
With DC price 2-3 times lower than shadow ones I rarely make BODs for them. Even BODs are cheap too (tear kite shields bribed ).

Grugot

Journeyman
On my server there isn't much price difference between the dull copper and shadow.

I do the same on the axes. Unless I need a full 600 points. Plus a bigger margin on the store bought ones.