• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] 100% elemental damage?

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just started playing again. Someone told me 100% elemental damage didn't count as a property when you used a runic anymore? IF that's the case and I still wanted to use a runic to attain that mod what intensity is it considered ie: what runic level would it take to craft it. Thanks.

G

gjohnson5

Just started playing again. Someone told me 100% elemental damage didn't count as a property when you used a runic anymore? IF that's the case and I still wanted to use a runic to attain that mod what intensity is it considered ie: what runic level would it take to craft it. Thanks.
As far as imbuing goes , it does not

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any runic can create elemental damage weapons. It's not counted as a runic property, anymore - just as a side effect of crafting an item with a runic (so if you used a Shadow hammer that gives 2 properties, you could get 2 properties plus elemental damage as an extra).

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
really? wow that seems harsh on the wood side lol. Thanks for the replies.
Ya. Maybe it would have been more fun to have added a slight modifier success chance based on the location an item is crafted since carpentry and fletching don't require a "next to item" for crafting. The developers could have had us craft next to lava for fire damage modifer or around snow for cold damage as examples.

Another idea would be to spice up ML talismans to add in percent modifiers up to 100%. So maybe I do a quest and get a 100% Fire damage modifier or chaos damage modifier or 60% random damage modifer.

The best way to get 100% carpentry or bows is from looted items. I remember some coming from peerless, but you would only get 450 max intensity.

-Lorax