• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

100% CPU Usage = LAG *please help*

K

knobtown

I REALLY need help! I have tried everything trying to fix this problem.

Here's the deal. When I start the uo client my cpu jumps up to 100% and doesnt stop until I close the program. The 100% usage is lagging my character to an almost crawl (it's brutal).

I have read all the other posts on stratics in regard to this issue but nothing helped. I have tried changing the priority in process but that didnt help. I have defraged my hard drive swept and all the other disk cleaning programs. I have also "run compatible" OS to try to fix it, but had no success. I have a newer computer that definetly has enough horsepower to run a 1997 program.

I'm sorry for the long post but I am desperate! Is there any computer guru that could help me?!?

Thank you,
Britt

CPU: Intel Celeron 2.60 GHz (E Machine)
Ram: 1.5 GB
HD: 70 GB, w/ 50 GB free
VideoCard: GeForce 6600 GT (core clock 500 MHz/ Memory 128 MB)
Firewall: None
Programs running in background: None

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Knobtown, what programs are running under the processes tab in task manager.

K

knobtown

Thank you for taking the time to help me diagnose this.
The processes running while UO is playing is:

client.exe
infocard.exe
svchost.exe
OSA.exe
alg.exe
rundll32.exe
jushced.exe
soundman.exe
TBMon.exe
jqs.exe
UpdateUI.exe
dlscxcoms.exe
svchost.exe
shstat.exe
explorer.exe
spoolsv.exe
LESPPS.EXE
LEXBCES.EXE
iexplorer.exe
svchost.exe
taksmgr.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
WUSB54Gv42.exe
svchost.exe
nvsvc32.exe
WLService.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
naPrdMgr.exe
VsTskMgr.exe
Mcshield.exe
FrameworkServic...
System
System Idle Process

That is the list. One more thing to note, while ultima is minimized it only takes about 10% cpu and system Idle Process is 88% but when i pull up ultima, client.exe eats the 100%.

Hope this helps, thanks so much again!

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well the one thing i was looking at to be running was UO.exe as that is what happened on my machine that was doing the same thing. I had to shut it (uo.exe) down after i started playing, otherwise 100% CPU usage and bad lag. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary running there, but the fact that it is dropping usage when minimized might lean it towards a video issue. have you tried getting updated drivers, and restoring video settings to their default?