• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

10 year vet throws in the towel

Exgirlfriend

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats right EA after 10 years im quiting your game...Why? its simple...I used to think the biggest cowards in the game where the cheaters but now i know it's the games GM's...page page page page page page and 10k more pages and you refuse to remove blatent cheaters.

your service is really bad, and you do not deserve to be in business.

bye

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats right EA after 10 years im quiting your game...Why? its simple...I used to think the biggest cowards in the game where the cheaters but now i know it's the games GM's...page page page page page page and 10k more pages and you refuse to remove blatent cheaters.

bye

I used to think it was because they don't care. However, I think they do care but they can't afford to kick them out because it would hurt an already dying game.

They make random very public bannings once a particular cheater is over-hyped on the boards (the ingot scripter, the xfer dupers etc). However, in general, they turn the other cheek because they need the revenue.

If they banned all the cheaters -they would lose another 30% of their subscriber base.

Oh well, anyone who thinks this game is not in the sunset of its life is kidding themselves.

This entire 'storyline' is a joke with nothing but a bunch of deco items thrown at us along the way. Whee. Like we need more deco.

Consider how much deco has been introduced in the last year... New plants, spring cleaning, rubble, rubble turn ins (current), halloween junk, trick or treat junk, anniversary 'gifts', etc.

I haven't seen a new dungeon or anything substantial to explore in more than 2 years. The joke of a quest for the 25k points does not count as a new dungeon.

The last major addition was peerless how long ago? 3 years?

Dying dying dying.....

M

meridus

Sorry to see you go. I'm still enjoying the game, and plan to stay. Hope you find something you can enjoy. Perhaps just a break is in order.

Cheers
Meridus

M

Moreeg

I am a 10 year vet of sorts. I started ten years ago, then quit around 2003-2004 and returned recently.

I really wonder what amount of the GM issue is based on the fact that subscriber numbers are low? When I left, every server was packed! Now, you can go long periods of time, even in cities, and not see anyone. When all is said and done, this is not a game, it is a business, and GMs are not just "Game Masters," they are employees.
I dont know, Im just saying...

I dont know what cheaters youre talking about, but I am going to hazard a guess that this is something Fel related. The Fel ruleset was an issue when I left and has always bred griefers and exploiters... sure there are good people there too, but the PvP mindset seems to attract the 13 year old "d00d" types who are likely to use the word l33t. You know what I mean. Hell, the reason the Fel/Tram idea came around is because people were leaving UO because the PvP reluset on the only facet drove people away. You couldnt start a new character, because the outskirts of every town were teeming with d00ds waiting to gank anyone who left town...

I feel for you Exgirlfriend. Back when I quit it was during a period when a lot of exploits existed, and reds were rolling a blue character to take advantage of the exploits in Tram and basically gank people right under the guards noses. I couldnt take any more. I logged off after getting ganked and left a small tower with years of vet rewards, rares that dont even exist anymore and more things than I can mention. I know the desperation you feel. Im back right now, and Im having fun. But Im staying in Tram. In looking at the forums, I see that a good degree of the old mindset remains in many of the people in Fel, and I dont say that to insult anyone!!!

But in travelling around to different MMOs I found that those people are everywhere, and no GMs, no matter how many, can keep up with them. Its like fighting human nature. But I hope you enjoy wherever you end up.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ex Girlfriend personally I think you need to lighten up and enjoy the game for what it is and don't get totally upset of what other people are doing.

There are so many aspects to UO that one can enjoy without having to worry what the other guy is doing.

Some of the complaints by players are absolutely ridiculous. I think last month there was someone complaining about a players shoes saying how he was cheating because they were a certain color. I mean gimme a break....

And for such a dying game Moonglow was packed on my shard for several hours during the invasion tonight. The only thing that is causing this game to die is the lack of events and expansions.

If they add more monsters/peerless, skills to master and new uber items & collectibles people will come out to play and experience the magic of UO.

I had fun tonight and enjoyed watching so many people running around fighting the invaders. This game still has alot of potential if the Dev team simply adds more content.

Add more content and people will come out of the woodwork to play.:popcorn:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*gumbles something about sloppy men*
*picks up towel and puts it in the laundry hamper*

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ex, lemme say this, cheaters need a life. Sitting in a basement, snickering and smiling because some stoneless twit thinks he/she is getting away with something, is a joke.

These are antisocial degenerates. Also, play the game for what it's worth ( to you) and have fun. When UO becomes an aggravation, why put up with it???

As stated, take a break.

Also note (Salty)....Customer Service is not GM service, big difference. Customer service IS out of CA. I know, I yakked with them 2 days ago.

The GM's, well if they're in another country, that's EA being anti-American, and cheap scumbags.

Take a break and laugh at the basement dwellers.

And no Theo, UO's not dying.....perhaps you play too much.

later

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
CS has several shifts, some of which are in California, some of which are staffed by persons not born in North America (can't really tell if they are still in their land of birth or not).

GMs, last I heard, are in Virginia.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

And no Theo, UO's not dying.....perhaps you play too much.

later
Funniest thing I heard all day.

I don't even find it interesting enough to log in to pick up bods anymore.

Play too much? If I played any less, I wouldn't play at all. Hmm... that gives me an idea.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

bye
I agree that the GM's/Customer Service has changed completely over the past 10 years and trust me when I say I have had my share of wanting to toss the whole computer (afterall that is what held the game) out in the yard because a GM ticked me off or they refused to help me... HOWEVER, I do still love this game and I understand that player base is down so my expectations should come down a bit too I suppose. I don't care that some moron sits in a corner and macro mines ingots or somehow cheats at his skills...I know that all of my chars are hard earned and I've enjoyed them all...they belong to me in that I put the hours it took into creating them the legal way. To take it too seriously is to stress over something which you have no control. Take a breather and see how you feel later on before you go and toss in the towel.

Take care

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ex, lemme say this, cheaters need a life. Sitting in a basement, snickering and smiling because some stoneless twit thinks he/she is getting away with something, is a joke.

Take a break and laugh at the basement dwellers
Now I'm not a cheater or hacker. But stop assuming they just sit in basements. That is the stupid thing in the world. You would be suprised to find out who the real hackers and cheaters really are. They are not kids who sit in a basement all day.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

These are antisocial degenerates. Also, play the game for what it's worth ( to you) and have fun.
Getting some mixed signals here.

Playing a way you don't like makes you an antisocial degenerate... but you should play how it's fun to you?

I

Intrepida

the problem with banning cheaters is they just go out and buy the game again and startt doing it again its a furtile effort to ban them all games are haveiong this problem sadly. Some bann heavaly but this only helps their profits it doesnt stop the cheaters
Its a sad part of life realy but there are those in life that think they should get more then they earn

E

ElRay

It probably stings some devs to hear that, but its the truth, hackers are rampaging this game into nothingness

Its too bad really, devs used to take pride in games they worked on, now all UO is, is just a paycheck, its blatantly obvious