• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] 10 Red Snook vs. 10 Fred Lobsters fishmonger orders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both 1-liners.

Supposedly, they should be worth the same per Mark of Mythic indications (2 points each)

So, the reward of a 1-liner 10 Red Snook order (deep water) should be the same as the 10 Fred Lobster order (named crustacean).

And it is not so.

Infact,

- 10 Red Snook order gave as reward 10 charges Autumn Dragonfish bait

- 10 Fred Lobsters order gave as reward 5 charges Giant Koi bait.

Can we PLEASE have some developer look at the code and check out what is wrong ??

Thank you very much.

Just for the record, a 1-liner 20 Red Drum gave as a reward 20 charges Holy Mackerel bait....
That is, double the deep fish order gave double the charges bait....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing Quests

crab/ lobster worth .5

Well, if they are worth 0.5 then deep sea fish are worth 1 point and not 2.....

The 10 red snook gave twice the charges as the 10 Fred Lobsters NOT 4 times....

So, it either is crab/lobsters worth 1 point and deep sea fish worth 2 OR it is crab/lobster worth 0.5 and deep sea fish worth 1 point each.....

Regardless, for how long have we had the High Seas Booster pack ? Several months right ?

Ain't this enough evidence to at least warrant a really good double and triple check at the code and see what is NOT working as intended ?

If I recall right, Mark of Mythic said in a post that crabs/lobsters as well as dungeon fish are or should be counted at 2 points each.

Players' findings show different.

Can we PLEASE have someone finally give a good and comprehensive look at the fishmonger orders code?

Thank you very much.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
crab/lobster/shore fish are .5
deep sea are 1.0
dungeon are 1.5

so in your example
10 snook (deep sea fish) x 1.0 =10
10 fred lobsters (crab lobsters) x .5 = 5
20 red drum (deep sea) x 1.0 = 20

S

soulstoner

I understand Popps' frustration & point-of-view given what is in-game results differs from the intent shared by Mythic early December:

:scholar:
Not sure how you arrived at your point values but it's not quite right.

There are only groups, one is shallow water fish, they count 1x
Deep sea and lobsters and crabs are counted 2x
dungeon fish are counted 3x

so, with an order of 6 fish at 20 appiece... that is going to be between 120 and 360 depending on the combination.

I suppose you might be calculating based on the quantities of bait since the quantity is connected.

The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.

Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Thank you all for being so passionate about fishing!

It's a frustrating scenario to some without clarification if the crustaceans will be fixed to the value reported by our Mythic or if the in-game results will stick. Gotta hate turning in crustaceans for a quest if their point values are working as a detriment vs the design intent. Those darn named lobsters and crabs are time consuming and crab traps cost gold where a fishing pole lasts forever...so Mark's clarification makes logical sense that they would have a point value equal to deep sea in lieu of the shallow lower level fishys.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
let me see if i can get it clarified ... the points I posted work for determining the amount of bait you get but maybe the way it figures loyalty or the quest item you get is different and works on the figures he posted

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the key points he made are this
"I suppose you might be calculating based on the quantities of bait since the quantity is connected.

The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards."

so for determining the bait divide by two or use the figures i gave
for determining what you get or loyalty you get has not been released

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
let me see if i can get it clarified ... the points I posted work for determining the amount of bait you get but maybe the way it figures loyalty or the quest item you get is different and works on the figures he posted

Mark of Mythic says quite clearly, to my understanding :

"The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.".

The key words here are, IMHO, worth more and rewards.......

That is, those points are assigned as higher so that rewards would be better. NOT loyalty.

Points are assigned as a meter to get better rewards.

A 5 charges bait is not any better than a 10 charges bait. Infact, it is only half as good...... It is WORSE.........

Therefore, if named crabs and named lobsters are not being counted what they were intended, we are NOT getting the rewards we were intended to have. As I understand it, players are wasting their efforts and time getting LESS for the MORE work they put into the fishmonger orders.

That is, fishmonger orders are NOT working as they should and this, I would imagine and hope, should get attention and get FIXED because players are spending their gaming time fishing up crabs and lobsters in the hope they will get them rewards comparable to the efforts and instead, because of a bug and wrong calculation on points they get worse points and consequentially, worse rewards.

Do we still need to say that everything is still fine and dandy and there is nothing to see or is it about time that we finally get some developers' attention and get the code carefully looked at and fixed once and for all ??

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mark of Mythic says quite clearly, to my understanding :

"The main reason I wanted to reveal that information is because I wanted you to know that the more difficult to catch fish were going to be worth more. I have not revealed anywhere the brackets for the various rewards.".

That is, those points are assigned so that rewards would be better. NOT loyalty.

Points are assigned as a meter to get better rewards.

Therefore, if named crabs and named lobsters are not being counted what they were intended, we are NOT getting the rewards we were intended to have. As I understand it, players are wasting their efforts and time getting LESS for the MORE work they put into the fishmonger orders.

That is, fishmonger orders are NOT working as they should and this, I would imagine and hope, should get attention and get FIXED because players are spending their gaming time fishing up crabs and lobsters in the hope they will get them rewards comparable to the efforts and instead, because of a bug and wrong calculation on points they get worse points and consequentially, worse rewards.

Do we still need to say that everything is still fine and dandy and there is nothing to see or is it about time that we finally get some developers' attention and get the code carefully looked at and fixed once and for all ??
Ok, my understanding is this...

Crabs and lobsters earn the points as stated by Mark.

BUT

When you get bait as a reward, the charges you get from crabs and lobsters are 0.5 each. You don't get 1 charge for each point the crabs/lobsters earn.

So when you see bait charges they aren't going to be the same as your points.

Wenchy

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, my understanding is this...

Crabs and lobsters earn the points as stated by Mark.

BUT

When you get bait as a reward, the charges you get from crabs and lobsters are 0.5 each. You don't get 1 charge for each point the crabs/lobsters earn.

So when you see bait charges they aren't going to be the same as your points.

Wenchy

First, Mark said they were intended to get TWO points, not one....

Second, there is NO POINT as I see it, to assign 2 points to crabs and lobsters (the same as deep water fish) if in the end they are going to get HALF THE REWARD as deep water fish which are "supposedly" assigned the same 2 points as in regards of their worth.

As many pointed out, it is way harder to fish crabs and lobsters not to mention that traps cost gold AND they sink while a fishing pole cost basically nothing and can be used forever.....

The system, to my understanding, is not working right, I am afraid, and it should get attention and get fixed.

B

Beastmaster

popps did you PM Mark as Petra advised before your last thread was locked? Did Petra not say this had been debated ad nauseum?

I pretty much agree with your stance but ignoring Petra's advice and continuing to preach to the choir is not going to do anything but anger more posters.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Beastmaster - the problem isn't popps as much as it is the people who continue to bash him for making a legitimate point, resulting in trolls, and popps' repeated attempts to restart the thread without trolls (which get trolled again). Half the people that respond to popps in U.Hall in the threads on this subject would have been perma-banned from stratics already, if it were within my power to do so.

popps' threads might be obtuse and wandering 90% of the time, but the 10% of the time he brings up legitimate points seem to be the ones that draw the most ire and flame. It's as if the flamemongers can't stand the possibility that he might have a correct position every once and a while, and take it out on him for being right for once.

Here's what it comes down to, on this subject.

1. The fish are supposed to be as follows, according to Mark:
Shallow: 1 point
Deep & Crustaceans: 2 points
Dungeon: 3 points

2. Bait rewards appear to be configured as follows:
# of bait = the point total times 0.5 (or, divided by two, in other words), rounded down.

3. There appears to be a mis-key or bug somewhere that is treating Crustaceans as Shallow Water fish, instead as Deep Water Fish, for purposes of calculating the bait rewards. It is unknown, but likely, the bug would apply to calculation the non-bait rewards as wel.

4. If people would STOP FEEDING THE TROLL with trolling of their own, popps wouldn't be posting this so many times - as they quickly overwhelm every attempt he makes to bring the issue up for discussion legitimately, supposedly because of him "never posting anything legitimate" (talk about a circular argument).

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
here is a list of some of my one line orders, I can list more if anyone wants. Maybe this will help someone figure out the point system.

10 Spiney 5 YTB
10 Shovelnose 5 YTB
10 RockCrab trap
10 Cape book 2
10 Red Group book 4
10 RBB 5 YTB
10 BSB book1
10 BSB 10 GK
10 Uncommon 5 GK
10 BGSF trap
10 Ctt 15 AD

15 Hummer trap
15 Spiney 7 HM
15 Rock crab 7 FS
15 Rock Lobster 7 HM
15 DChub 22 GK
15 Ctt 22FS
15 tarp 15 GB
15 lurker 22 SC
15 Dark 22 AD
15 DemonT 22 FS
15 Drake 22 GB

20 Snow crab pole
20 Shovelnose 10 HM
20 Spiney trap
20 Fred 10 GK
20 Fred 10 AD
20 Fred Book 4
20 Brook 10 FS
20 GrimC book 1
20 Gray Snap 30 YTB
20 Kok 10 AD
20 Cape pole
20 Lurker +5 ps
20 SNTBass 30 HM

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pops, the point system for fish quests and, how the fish quests work, have been a problem since high seas came out. (At least to how us players think it should work.) There were many of us fishers that were dedicated to trying to get the Devs attention, and get either an explanation or a fix to the system. We explained the problems many many times, in great detail even.

At one time Mark Mythic answered and said he would get back with us. That NEVER happened!!! The fishing was brought up again, to Mark Mythic, during the video conferance thing... Mark Mythic acted as if he had never heard of these problems before, and that he did not understand what we were talking about, even though we had been posting and PM'ing Mark since the first day of High Seas. Nothing has ever been heard from Mark Mythic again as far as I am aware.

So my conclusion is... we have a Dev that doesn't play UO, or at least the part of the game he was responsible for, he obviously does not follow up on what the players think of the design/system, he just doesn't give a damn, or thinks he's so good that there could not possibly be a problem with the design.

I suppose that it is possible that his hands are tied, and they may have him busy with other things... but if that were the case, and he really did care about what he has produced, he could have found time somewhere to answer a PM or post something on the boards. I see Logrus, one of the other devs, posting in stratics frequently, and not only does he read, and understand, but he goes into great detail on how something does or does not work and the why's of it.

As far as I know they still don't even believe that the old fashion fish don't stack anymore, nor do the fish steaks that come from them. Just like the you can't eat these costly fish pies that you can make with all these great gumps, cuz you need to be "hungry" first, and they don't stack. So of course they won't sell. (Which Mark Mythic assumed would be the greatest reward from the fishing- the great pies)

So unless someone has a magic wand that can get someone's attention, other then Mark Mythic saying everything is just fine and dandy, nothing I'm afraid will change.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
popps did you PM Mark as Petra advised before your last thread was locked? Did Petra not say this had been debated ad nauseum?

I pretty much agree with your stance but ignoring Petra's advice and continuing to preach to the choir is not going to do anything but anger more posters.

Anger ?

Excuse me ?

Aren't we playing the same one game here ?

I am only trying to say that something in the game we play looks broken to my understanding and is meritable of Developers' attention.

Uhu ? Players perhaps instead like and enjoy playing something that looks and smells as broken so much to get "angered" when attention is being seeked to get the broken thing finally fixed ?

I am speechless.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anger ?

Excuse me ?

Aren't we playing the same one game here ?

I am only trying to say that something in the game we play looks broken to my understanding and is meritable of Developers' attention.

Uhu ? Players perhaps instead like and enjoy playing something that looks and smells as broken so much to get "angered" when attention is being seeked to get the broken thing finally fixed ?

I am speechless.
Popps from what I understand people are getting a bit fed up of the constant talk about points related to the fishing quests. The rewards given rely on the RNG. So you could have a 6 liner worth so many points and get a poor reward.. I don't think you can rely on the point system.

Until we get any further information from the Devs I'm going to lock this thread, We seem to be going in circles about point values and line numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.