• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

10-19 Warsong Gulch

Z

Zigabob

Howdy!

I've just started playing WoW again after a long absence. I have never tried PvP before so I am clueless to its inner workings. One thing I hear veteran players saying all the time is that they wished they had done more battleground playing when they were at lower levels. I take it that this has something to do with honor and marks in order to buy epic gear once you get to a higher level.

So I am a level 19 paladin now and I have been doing warsong gulch 10-19 bracket. I am having a blast. I make about 20 kills/game and get killed about the same amount of times (lol). So my question is: asides from having lots of fun, what are my honor/marks objectives while I am level 19 in order to maximize the benefits later on? Should I just keep playing until I have 100 marks and then move on?

Cheers, for any advice you can give.

Zigora
Level 19 human paladin
Kirin Tor

R

RayneStorm

With the new expansion coming out, I believe Honor scales in relation to the level of the player you kill. Might already do that, come to think of it. So the honor you get playing in the 10-19 bracket will be worth less than what you get at 70 or 80.

The marks are useless without the honor to back them up, and I find that I'm always short on honor, not marks. If you enjoy the 10-19 bracket, stay for a while and have fun. No harm in that.