• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1 slot pet, hit point versus strength question.

B

Blaez

If you were putting together a pack of hell hounds, having good resists is
obviously important but what about hit points over strength.

Max HP/STR is 125/150 and Min HP/STR is 66/102 so a 125HP/102STR hound
would reach 148HP/125STR after training (assuming my maths is correct).

As keeping 1 slot pets alive is probably the hardest part of running a pack I
was wondering if it's better to have those extra hit points and loose 25 STR or
does that 25 STR make a big difference to it's damage output.

I

imported_Sarphus

The difference between a max str hell hound in a pack of 5 and a 125 str hell hound in a pack of 5 equates to about 2 dmg per hit per hell hound.

Whether you go for HP or dmg is a matter of personal preference. 2 extra dmg per dog can be the difference between killing a target and redlining a target. The difference is more noticable when your target is discorded.

On the other hand, a few extra hp can be the difference between life and death for your dog when he takes a hard hit.

Either way, whichever strat you go with, keeping your dogs alive is critical for pack dmg because you lose a sizeable percentage of dmg just by dropping from 100 in skills to 99.9.