• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

♬♥☆♪ Artisan Festival 2019! ♪☆♥♬

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Aaaah, yes, that time of year is approaching fast. Winter festivities have been stealing more and more of Autumn's thunder for years, and now it has a toehold on Summer! Yes, that time of year where the community unites to sacrifice Bulk Order Deeds to Holiday Trees for the glory of named giftboxes and blingy deco.

As a recap, this is how the Artisan Festival works:

stage6.jpg

There are 5 stages (not counting bare snow, which is treated as stage 0. 1) Charlie Brown, 2) Small Tree, 3) Tall Tree without any deco, 4) Tall tree with deco but no star, and then the last stage - the star. When a tree is fully decorated, every single character that turns in any BOD, no matter how small, is guaranteed a gift. Otherwise, there is a lotto mechanic involved, based on the tree's growth, and some folks get left out.

There are 9 Festival Trees, and it takes 25,000 BANK points worth of completed BODs to star each one.

bankpoints.jpg

UWSP has an entire house dedicated to this cause. While this is considered a crafter event, people from all walks of life are welcome to contribute. A wide range of materials that can be harvested or hunted, or just plain old fashioned coin for bribing BODs will all be needed for Siege to show off our shard spirit and pride.

map1.jpg

There are 9 vendors at this house, each devoted to a city that will have a tree. When enough BODs have been filled to complete a tree, they are placed in the inventory of that NPC so the community can see how far along the project is. Anyone wishing to donate materials, BODs, etc, may use the mailboxes provided. If you want your donation to go to a specific city, please leave a book saying so. Otherwise, the cities are completed in alphabetical order.

festival3.jpg

A stall in NM has been set up that shows every single item that is useful for the crafters. However, it will only be buying items that we are in particular need of. Any funds donated for the Artisan Festival will go towards bribing BODs, paying this vendor, or buying materials from players directly.

NM Stall.jpg

And the reward for all of this work? First, each character that turns in a completed BOD - including Endless Journey players - will get a gift box with their name on it. Creatively named characters can result in some interesting gift boxes!

gifts.jpg

Inside the gift box will be a decorative item, one of a themed collection that will most likely be completed with this 4th year of the Artisan Festival.

lanterns.jpg pillows.jpg

sculptures.jpg paintings.jpg
The missing pieces are:

Lantern: Heart, Hand, Broken Shield, Unbalanced Scales
Pillow: Teardrop, Chalice, Moon, Skull
Sculpture: Crooks, Scales, Coin, Scepter
Painting: Sword, Ankh, Masks, Axe

There is a runebook on the steps of the UWSP Market with a rune to the location of each Festival Tree. The steward standing next to the runebook will be passing out filled small BODs for anyone who needs one in order to get a gift when a tree is ready.

NPC and Runebook.jpg

We currently have 3 cities completely ready to go, and the 4th is almost complete. Our goal is to do 2 cities for October, 2 in November, and 1 in December during the event itself. We are starting earlier than usual because we also want time to participate in whatever our overlords have planned for the High Seas story arc in December. There will be lots of folks donating to the trees directly, and we would greatly appreciate a quick note (private or public) to let us know how many bank points you delivered so that we can add to the tally. Last year our community completed not only all 9 Festival Trees, but an additional 2 more after the event was late to be turned off.

Not many (if ANY) other shards managed to pull that off, so now Siege Perilous has a reputation to uphold!

ArtisanFestMGtree.gif

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Tanager and Sparviero I am rarely log on , but if you want to pull 15-20 bods/lbods and drop in the mailbox at the abyss house, it would be my pleasure to bribe them up and return them for another 15-20 bods, I will do the rinse and repeat routine as time allows and if it helps?

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just wish to thank once again, Magichands and Tanager for their unwavingly dedication in spearheading the artisan festival to the merriment of our citizens holiday experience and glory and honor to our shard in the eyes of the multiverse again showing that though we may be few here on Siege our spirit and strength is second to no other shard out there! Thank you both for everything you do for us and thank you everyone out there for your sacrifice and commitment to this same cause.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Updates about how is going the work for the festival. We finish the 4th and also the 5th tree ! So now only 4 trees are missing ! Thank you to all people that are helping with bods, resources, bribing ! All together we can finish also this festival !!!
Hurray for Siege :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Update: the 6th tree is half done and now we are working on the second part ! Anyone has spined and horned leather to sell? :danceb::danceb::danceb:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
PM me when/if you need any specific BODs or resources during this.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And also the 7th Tree is done :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb: Hurray !! Now only 2 left and then we have all full trees ready ! We have still more than one month to get them before the festival start, so let's continue all together with this wonderful job !!
And thank you again all for the help with bribing, bods, resources !!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::heart:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I'm understanding the publish notes and previous comments, the Artisan Festival rewards from the previous three years are also combined into the pool of potential rewards?

Since I wasn't playing those years I appreciate the opportunity to collect them but I do understand how this dilutes the chances of completing a full set when you don't need the previous ones.

How many gifts can a character get. A full set of the items appears to be 64?

Last edited:

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ip uh tree iz dun yooz turn in wun small bod n yooz git uh prezzie!! Yooz can do dat on ebery tree n yoo git 1 frum ebery tree. Ip da tree izn dun yooz unly hab uh chanze ta git wun. Dunno egzakt numberz but seemz ta b 50 50 frum mez egsperienzez *shrugs*

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so you can only get one gift from each tree. Now I understand why it's necessary to complete all the trees.

Even with multiple accounts it doesn't seem likely to get a full set if you missed 3/4 of the turn-in opportunities of years past.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so you can only get one gift from each tree. Now I understand why it's necessary to complete all the trees.

Even with multiple accounts it doesn't seem likely to get a full set if you missed 3/4 of the turn-in opportunities of years past.
But past rewards aren't that expensive because the entire shard got on every char due to the efforts of these outstanding crafters, so plenty of people got doubles and plenty of people had multiple characters. And to boot anyone say this year getting the older stuff they don't need because they were here are just going to start tossing that stuff on vendors and there will be so much of it on the market it'll likely all be cheap especially for the older stuff.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Once a tree is fully complete, every single character that turns in a completed BOD will get one gift per tree. So, roughly 9 in all per character, unless they forget to flip the switch at the end and we scramble to get in an extra tree or two. Once a tree starts passing out gifts, it is too late to turn in a BOD for that tree, so make sure you get them in on time!

It is worth noting that EJ have been able to get a gift from the trees in previous years.

The rewards are based on your character's Karma; green for positive, red for negative. This cuts every character's potential reward pool in half. If you are after a certain reward, make sure to set your Karma before you claim your gift from the tree. They are all turnable except for the wooden sculptures. The lanterns and sculptures turn on or off. These are the new rewards for 2019:

2019 artisan.jpg

(They look better in game, I saved these as JPG files for bandwidth's sake.)

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:
*DRUMS ROLL*

Also the last tree is done !!! Congratulation Siege !!! We have points for all the 9 trees !! Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyy !! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

A big thank you to all that helped with this project: all people that donated resources, all people that donated bods, all people that donated gold, all people that helped with filling bods and with bribing bods !! Thank you for the help !! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
A special thank you also to my guildmates that were very patient in this period where i focus mostly on bods lol !!

Now we can do also other things but don't forget that if we can save more points, maybe we can fill more more trees !!!

Siege Comunity rocks always !!!! Thank you all :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

THANKKKK YOUUUUUUUU !!!

Last edited:

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And also Minoc has his tree with Star !! Thank you to the citizen of Minoc Billy Buttons that helped with it ! I'm sorry for the governor of the town but i couldn't get in time with him so i didn't want risk to lose the star !

Minoc1.jpg

Hurray for Siege !!! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I went back to my old shard Pacific to check their progress with the Artisan Fest. Unfortunately they haven't starred any tree yet. All are advanced to stage 4 and that appears to be all they are doing.

I went ahead and donated some BODs on some of my characters just for the hell of it. Anyone know about what percentage of them will get a gift? Five out of ten? Anyone?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Dunno… Ours always come with stars.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And also Minoc has his tree with Star !! Thank you to the citizen of Minoc Billy Buttons that helped with it ! I'm sorry for the governor of the town but i couldn't get in time with him so i didn't want risk to lose the star !

View attachment 104016

Hurray for Siege !!! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Your trespass on Barter Town soil did not go unnoticed. Had the fine citizens wanted you there, you would have been invited. We are not really the giving type, so we shall take extra from UWSP in the months to come.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I went ahead and donated some BODs on some of my characters just for the hell of it. Anyone know about what percentage of them will get a gift? Five out of ten? Anyone?
It's 80% the chance to get a reward at 4th stage.

Your trespass on Barter Town soil did not go unnoticed. Had the fine citizens wanted you there, you would have been invited. We are not really the giving type, so we shall take extra from UWSP in the months to come.
I'm sorr... I'd like that governor get the star but noone contacted me after i asked for that and we worked too hard on this project to risk to lose the star :)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this has been fun so far on Siege. After missing the first three years I've still managed to get quite a few of these. Have quite a few duplicates for trading too.

On Pacific however, since only one tree has been starred, not so well has it gone. This last town, Moonglow, I helped out out with over 2000 pts but the tree didn't get a star. I donated most of that 2000 pts on only two characters. I donated a single BOD, all 20 exceptional weapons BODs BTW, on thirty-eight more characters.

Of the forty total, only ten received a gift. Of the two crafters that donated the most points, only one of them got a gift. So 10 outa 40 seems pretty lame. Certainly not close to the 80% I was expecting.

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And hurray for Siege Perilous again !! Also New Magincia has his tree with the star !! Thank you to all that helped with that !!

NewMagincia1.jpg
NewMagincia2.jpg

See you at the next tree and don't forget to drop bod and get your rewards !!! Hurray for Siegeeeeeee !!!! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks everyone! sorry i couldn't be there, this virus i have is very nasty. no sleep or food for about 3 days and i am barely able to function. just for shoots -n- giggles i weighed myself, and i have lost 14 pounds in those 3 days. that's a helluva crash diet.