• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Treasures of Wildfire Live Worldwide

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes luck does increase chances of getting a drop. That is what Kyronix has been saying the whole time.
Which is just the opposite of what players have been told for years. Players have been told that luck affects the quality/intensity of an item, but has ZERO affect on whether an item drops or not. When @Kyronix stated that it did, on the "other" forum, I questioned him on it, and he promptly shut up, and wouldn't even reply when I asked again, and "tagged" him.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am running out of storage so I put what matched in another house.
I'm on vacation for a week, I hope to get Garg stuff when I return.

Female Leather, Hide, Female Plate , Female Studded.
1626754893086.png

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which is just the opposite of what players have been told for years. Players have been told that luck affects the quality/intensity of an item, but has ZERO affect on whether an item drops or not. When @Kyronix stated that it did, on the "other" forum, I questioned him on it, and he promptly shut up, and wouldn't even reply when I asked again, and "tagged" him.
You'd think that even if he'd answered it elsewhere, he could give you the courtesy of a link, or mention he'd answered it elsewhere. Better yet, they could set up a little UO.com page on luck to tell everyone definitively. Luck never affected frequency for a lot of years, so has it changed? Do they know for sure? They're the ones who should know how their own code works, but a lot of time I have to question how much they even care to look. I suppose

It's hard for we players to quantify it when so much depends on the type of spawn. Yesterday's on Sonoma seemed fantastic for sampires. I was getting drops left and right, so was it "luck" with the RNG favoring me, or was it being able to plow through a lot of monsters? Today's drop rate seems about average or perhaps a little below.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To clarify again luck effects a drop differently than loot what part of this is difficult to understand do you honestly expect and need them to give you the formula?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why not give us the formula? Its all server side, it wouldnt hurt for us to know how much luck "helps" in any situation.

Shoot, after 24 years, we should have the most up to date info on every system in the game.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why not give us the formula? Its all server side, it wouldnt hurt for us to know how much luck "helps" in any situation.

Shoot, after 24 years, we should have the most up to date info on every system in the game.
I agree with this for the most part; I'm not sure why certain things are kept secret from the general population. Things like luck / loot tables / treasure of or Doom "points" til next drop should all be public knowledge IMO. Perfect example is that there are certain things people can kill (I'm sure with certain luck) to get things like a clean 10SSI / 35DI jewel over and over (albeit possibly days in between); it's easy to come to this conclusion when you go to certain vendors that has like 3 of the same exact jewel...at that point it's not coincidence.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally Got all the Garg armor. The Necklaces took forever.

Plate, Cloth, Stone with all 7 stone pieces, and Leather.
1627851660721.png

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To clarify again luck effects a drop differently than loot what part of this is difficult to understand do you honestly expect and need them to give you the formula?
This is wrong..there's a clear difference in the quality of loot when you add in a good amount of luck..I personally dont think luck is working as intended and never has. I don't believe in the mythical Felucca luck, or the mythical Perfection Luck...there's no reason they couldnt have coded those to show on the status bar the way other buffs show like lrc/fc/fcr etc....

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is wrong..there's a clear difference in the quality of loot when you add in a good amount of luck..I personally dont think luck is working as intended and never has. I don't believe in the mythical Felucca luck, or the mythical Perfection Luck...there's no reason they couldnt have coded those to show on the status bar the way other buffs show like lrc/fc/fcr etc....
The fel luck bonus works differently to the luck in your status. Creatures have double the fame which is part of the final loot table calc, plus items have 1 additional property.
As for perfection, the luck bonus is specific to that creature so cannot be displayed in your status, as you may be killing more than 1 creature.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fel luck bonus works differently to the luck in your status. Creatures have double the fame which is part of the final loot table calc, plus items have 1 additional property.
As for perfection, the luck bonus is specific to that creature so cannot be displayed in your status, as you may be killing more than 1 creature.
Yes you can see luck work on mining Niter. You can see it increases in fel.

Also you can see it work when you get a bunch of items that are Cursed and Antique.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There should be zero difference between clicking a luck statue, and entering a felucca ruleset, both are simply events that have taken place. I can sort of get down with your Perfection comment as that makes sense and I wasn't thinking about anyone honoring something and killing something else although if you think about it, perfection is perfection and shouldn't matter who you're attacking..imo.