• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need info. on Customizing my Keep

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My keep is currently in the original design that comes when you place it. It is packed full of stuff. Will there be any issues customizing the keep? Where will all my stuff go if I customize?

Thanks in advance !

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think one of the things that happens when costumizing is that everything on the first floor is wiped so make sure to empty that first.
But don´t quote me on that...

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think one of the things that happens when costumizing is that everything on the first floor is wiped so make sure to empty that first.
But don´t quote me on that...
Yea, don't quote him. Sorry, but you're very wrong.

As far as I know, you should deed up any items that are deedable, but otherwise you'll be fine.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All deeded items and floor tiles need to be removed. Just keep looking until you can customize.

I take everything off the walls. I pack everything in containers so i can start fresh. I look at the floor plan of the new keep and make sure everything you leave is away from the new walls. Anything that would be in a wall goes to the moving crate.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually the customization process has gotten better, and all deeded items don't need to be removed like before....I"m not saying you won't lose something if you don't, but I recently customized and left quite a few things and they either went to the moving crate, or simply stayed put and were unaffected by the customization.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just always box up everything... Your gonna want to move it around anyway... easier to just box it up.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Frankly, I'd love them to put an option into the house menu for "move all contents of the house to the moving crate", separate from the actual customization, That way, you could clear a house, then redecorate from the crate at your leisure.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the help folks! Now my next question... how do I go about customize my keep?
I could not find any information on this at the player wiki or on stratics.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Frankly, I'd love them to put an option into the house menu for "move all contents of the house to the moving crate", separate from the actual customization, That way, you could clear a house, then redecorate from the crate at your leisure.
All my stuff from my Castle went into the moving crate when I switched floor plans.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the help folks! Now my next question... how do I go about customize my keep?
I could not find any information on this at the player wiki or on stratics.
When this is not grey, you can try to change it.
1618711934052.png

If you then get a message that you cant, you have an item below still in the house.

Here are the things you have to store away:

goza mats
crafted walls or pavers
carpets (double clicked on floor)
mannequins placed
steward
grass, sand, or snow tiles locked down
Deeded items

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also I believe mannequins will all be sent to the moving crate (at least mine were when I customized my house a little while back). Every single 1 (with their armor) was moved regardless of where it was. That was a bit of a PITA since I have like 10 suits of various event armor and had to resort it afterwards...would have been better if I just packed them up before customizing.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
make sure you grab a housing tool & go stand outside pretend your placing & just look the designs ..maybe go to test center run around look see if any still public as you'll have to pay like 30 mil each transition its not like the old remodel your 18x18 & it all comes back ...i could be wrong but i lost 27 mil first time i did it with my keep when it came out ... switching the design

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure you grab a housing tool & go stand outside pretend your placing & just look the designs ..maybe go to test center run around look see if any still public as you'll have to pay like 30 mil each transition its not like the old remodel your 18x18 & it all comes back ...i could be wrong but i lost 27 mil first time i did it with my keep when it came out ... switching the design
I have always received all the gold back when changing house styles of the new Keep and Castle's back to the regular style(s).

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have always received all the gold back when changing house styles of the new Keep and Castle's back to the regular style(s).
yes if you resize it of course, but are you talking about the sign menu securely remodel this house tab ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes if you resize it of course, but are you talking about the sign menu securely remodel this house tab ?
The new designs cost a lot more than the original. So yes they cost gold but you keep that value unless you trade it.