• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hit Chance

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there anything that effects your pets chance to hit, that should be taken into consideration when training a pet? For example, not saying this is the case, but having 120 tactics gives an increased chance to hit over having 110 tactics on your pet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I mean it is all taken into account in the formula... so yeah. The higher the skill the higher the hit chance, even if minutely.

The only added buff to HCI is Consume Damage.

Untitled.jpg

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When you say it is all taken into account in the formula, what exactly translates to a higher hit chance? Does having higher strength effect the hit chance? What about Dex? That’s what I’m after, what exactly is taken into account when figuring out hit chance for a pet?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Gonna have to wait for one of those people who dig into everything in microscopic detail to answer that. I am just a high spot kind of player.

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stamina is swing speed on a pet.
Dexterity controls how fast they walk with a cap of 190.

The formula you seek is Here.
Thank you for the link, doesn’t appear that too much will affect the hit chance of a pet. From an attackers perspective, not talking about the different mobs the pet will face.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Building the base pet correctly makes the pet a killer. Scrolls speed things up a little. I have only a few pets that have 120 Tactics.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The possible hci buffs for pets that I can think of:
  • pet magic school
    • chivalry-Divine Fury
    • bushido-Lightning Strike
  • provocation mastery
  • archery mastery
  • taming mastery
They would also benefit from a target being under any dci debuffs.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • pet magic school
    • chivalry-Divine Fury
  • provocation mastery
  • archery mastery
  • taming mastery

You mentioned the Provocation Mastery.... I assume that you meant "INSPIRE" Bard Masteries – Ultima Online which, according to the description, adds :

Party Hit chance increase by up to 15%, Damage increase by up to 40%, SDI increased by up to 15% (PvP Cap 15)(Provocation Based)
The question is, does it also work on pets ?

The description mentions "Party" members..... would that include pets which are followers ?

Bottom line is, would a Bard tamer using the Inspire Bard Mastery benefit his/her pet with getting an additional +15% Hit Chance Increase, +40% Damage Increase and +15% Spell Damage Increase ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets are party members. Use Resiliance and you see their regens increase to caps.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up to their caps just as players do.
Do you happen to have a link to what pets' CAPs would be ?

That is, what are pets' Hit Chance Increase Cap, Damage Increase CAP, Regens CAPs etc. etc.

Thanks !

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. Not something I am interested in. I just play and build them the best I can without using extra modifiers.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • pet magic school
    • chivalry-Divine Fury
  • provocation mastery
  • archery mastery
  • taming mastery
This ^. When skill training or leveling pets, i'll use an Archer on an alt account and run "Play the Odds" on him on cooldown. The +45% HCI/+30% SSI buff from it helps pets land more hits, and therefore gain faster.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do pets have an inherent HCI and DCI? Or are they 0% unless a buff is applied?