• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of Undead Lords Reward Items; Sampire Uses

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Okay so I'm just curious what people's thoughts are on the rewards for this event.
I'm a mage tamer mainly and I already have a nice shoulder slot cape, but I'm thinking about a future Sampire for doing these events, since it looks like they do the best overall in this event. And since this is the first production version of this new event system, I'm guessing future ones will be very similar.

1. So, Lord Morphius' Epaulettes seem like they'd be good for a sampire, as well as the boots of escaping. Am I right on that? Are there other items more available in the game already that would be better for the slot they would take up?
  2. What about the rings?
    1. The sterling silver ring seems pretty awesome for a sampire.
    2. What about the KatlKotl's ring? Would that be good for a sampire or is that better suited to a mage or something?
    3. Is one better over the other for a Sampire?
  3. The Mask of Kahl Ankur. To me this looks like it could be good for a sampire due to the hit point increase, as well as the enhance potions could help with heals or cures.\
I'm sure the answers to much of this is based on my build but since I have little experience with a sampire build I'm not sure where to start.

Any advice, help or possible builds you would do with these items would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Ranger's Cloak is a returning item in this event isn't it? That's a top tier sampire item, the Despicable Quiver is the only thing even close to as useful for the back slot and that's only if you don't need the SSI/are short on HCI and a resist.

The epaulettes seem like a must have and I can't wait til I get a pair. Conjurer's Garb was the easy best in slot IMO until these came about.

Boots of Escaping are pretty nice, I use either them or the 2 resist turn in boots. One of the HCI or DCI shoes from Shadowguard would be good too but I don't own those.

Jewelry you're best off using looted and/or imbued stuff. Look for SSI so you can drop it from weapons. Helmet slot, the Mace and Shield glasses are excellent for the stats, resists and HLD. Maybe Prismatic Lenses for HLD and DI, resists need to be higher on other pieces to make up for it though. Or if you get a full set of slayer talismans, drop slayer from your weapons, put HLD on weapon and just use a crafted or legendary artifact helmet.

Generally for armor and jewelry you don't want to use too many artifacts, and instead use mostly crafted or looted.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For back slot, I am a fan of using Jumu's Sacred Hide. Damage Increase 20, Fire Resist 5 are needed for my particular build, and the FCR 1, Poison Eater 15 are helpful too. Only mod not really being utilized here is the SDI 5.

I have plate suit for stamina protection, so another SSI 5 on Ranger cloak wasn't going far for me (already at 40). LMC cap is 45 with Plate suit, so not using the LMC on Ranger cloak either. I would be more likely to switch to a Despicable Quiver before the Ranger cloak.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great insight in this conversation

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not just samps. Hubby made some changes to templates & we're runnin a couple cross healing dexxers down there, which is pretty effective.

The template I get the most drops on is my necroweaver.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I recently acquired Morphius' Epaulettes and already cannot imagine my suit with it. I'm someone who likes to have 35% SSI without having to rely on DF. The Epaulettes present a world of options in this regard. Either use Insane Tinker's Legs to free up a Jewelry spot, or use two 10% SSI jewels to free up the leg slot.

Cloak of Augmentation is also a must have unless you are using Cameos. If you are using Cameos, then Jumu's Sacred Hide is better since you are getting that last 5% SSI with the Cameo.

I use either boots of escaping a lot or Anon's Boots depending on the build.

KatlKotl's ring was my second item selection, but I am going to use it with my Tamer/Necro/Mage. I don't think it would be helpful for a Sampire. With Morphius' Epaulettes, the sterling silver ring is more viable, though I wish it had either DCI or HCI.

Spell Focusing Sash for easy DCI bump.

Never used Mask of Kahl Ankur but I could see how it would be powerful in the right setup.

Last edited:

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its awesome that there are so many ways to build a top teir sampire now! I dont use obi, birches of warding or jumu’s sacred hide.

I run crimson cinture for the HP that is really hard to replace in other slots. I always want max HP. My back slot is rangers cloak of augmentation.

Your gear will be highly dependent on what rings/bracelets you use. A suit setup with 2 prized rings/bracelets will be very different than a setup with 2 legendary rings/bracelets.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never been able to work the event jewelry into my melee builds. The damage increase is so tempting. The loss of +skill or DCI, HCI, etc on crafted jewelry is just too much on already crowded templates.

And the Lord Morphius' Epaulettes are not just a godsend for sampires =p. My paladin "dexxer" can now swing his longsword @ 1.25 sec and free up some dex for str / hp. The boots of escaping helps me free up 4 dex for 4 str or if I choose, I can pad the dex against being cursed too keep my 4sec bandages.

wingnut

Adventurer
I recently acquired Morphius' Epaulettes and already cannot imagine my suit with it. I'm someone who likes to have 35% SSI without having to rely on DF. The Epaulettes present a world of options in this regard. Either use Insane Tinker's Legs to free up a Jewelry spot, or use two 10% SSI jewels to free up the leg slot.

Cloak of Augmentation is also a must have unless you are using Cameos. If you are using Cameos, then Jumu's Sacred Hide is better since you are getting that last 5% SSI with the Cameo.

I use either boots of escaping a lot or Anon's Boots depending on the build.

KatlKotl's ring was my second item selection, but I am going to use it with my Tamer/Necro/Mage. I don't think it would be helpful for a Sampire. With Morphius' Epaulettes, the sterling silver ring is more viable, though I wish it had either DCI or HCI.

Spell Focusing Sash for easy DCI bump.

Never used Mask of Kahl Ankur but I could see how it would be powerful in the right setup.
You can get the last 5% ssi from the town buff. This way you can use ring, brace, morphius epaulettes , and have 30%, + the 5% from town buff = 35% so can 1.25swing double axe at 150 stam

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can get the last 5% ssi from the town buff. This way you can use ring, brace, morphius epaulettes , and have 30%, + the 5% from town buff = 35% so can 1.25swing double axe at 150 stam
True, but I don't like relying on the town buff. Besides, with the epaulettes, it's pretty easy to get 35% without the buff. My suit now has 185 stamina, 45 DCI/HCI, 51% LMC (two pieces of heavy stamina reduction), 35% SSI, and enough +skills to get me 100 parry/resist/necro along with 120 weapon/tactics/chiv/bushido. It's the first time I've ever been satisfied with my suit, haha.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Wow, thank you for all of this great information guys! Not ever having delved into the world of high end melee suits, this gives me a lot of insight. Sounds like I pretty much need all of these event items now! Guess I'll be living in deceit or dyeing in deceit anyways for the next few weeks. :p