• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why y'all still killing Atlantic?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wtf are you talking about
As far as I can tell, he's complaining about it being down for an extended period of time or it not being at the top of the list...

That's my takeaway.

Edit: If you're referencing my reply... I just don't care about ATL bec of what 85% of its population consists of.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not really @TheMiner I respectfully disagree:
Lots of people have characters on both Atl and their lower pop shards or "home sweet home" shard.
I have a tamer there, he is poor but has fun and he is effective there tames stuff and sells it fair, and happy. I also thought Atl is "bad". But was not true at all. I have seen some of the nicest people in the game there. Lots of folks there go out of their way to help newly developing chars. I have turned down offers for 10 M, and many things many times, I don't know why the offers but maybe cause my char looks poor (No fancy robes and gear, lol). I don't know why. I don't want the obligation, and want to do things in my own slow way, I like it that way. The fact is that Atl is like a big city, like New York, or Chicago. Many millions of people, of all sorts. My home shard is like my little town in the country, where we all know one another mostly, more cozy etc. Atl is likely the only active PVP shard also, so there is bound to be some "pawnage", and crap-talk at times, pretty immature and ignorant to say the least. There are good folks there also. I have seen major Ripoff folks there, and deviants every one knows them. Not everyone is like that. They are the minority. The people that are negative, most people stay away from.
Most people are actually pretty cool. Its actually that in a bigger shard you will see all sorts of people, but there are good folks also. There also are the immature young and immature old folks spouting off at the Gen Chat, giving a bad impression to the visitor. There are usually 2-3 of them at each other. Not everyone.
Also there are nasties in smaller shards, but so few..Its a numbers thing.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to say too much because you do have some valid points, but I also never said that Atlantic didn't have nice people. But a majority of what I've come across on that shard, is more or less the equivalent of people on a summer vacation. Not that that's normally a bad thing, but without getting too involved in my reply. You kind of have to read into that one.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not going to say too much because you do have some valid points, but I also never said that Atlantic didn't have nice people. But a majority of what I've come across on that shard, is more or less the equivalent of people on a summer vacation. Not that that's normally a bad thing, but without getting too involved in my reply. You kind of have to read into that one.
Let me guess, you come to Atlantic from some other shard just for trades and meet with people that are also not living on Atl but only come to turn a profit.

Booky

Visitor
All shards are corrupt they form little cliques to screw players, I was offered immunity to play along which is why I quit, Dr.Tay on atl, Care bear Rulez and Pawain on LS, offered me immunity and offered to get my accts unbanned to play along, Sorry I am not a corrupt gold seeking jerk.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
All shards are corrupt they form little cliques to screw players, I was offered immunity to play along which is why I quit, Dr.Tay on atl, Care bear Rulez and Pawain on LS, offered me immunity and offered to get my accts unbanned to play along, Sorry I am not a corrupt gold seeking jerk.
Immunity? What are you talking about?

Sounds like someone made you mad now you hate the game and all shards, which would be childish logic to say the least.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't use my name with the scammer CBR. No wonder you are quitting. The game is lots better if you have CBR on ignore.
What immunity did I offer you? I doubt if I have the power to un ban accounts. :lol: Which toon were you? Unfortunately we are all in Deceit right now, so most of the other content is probably dead on LS.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Immunity? What are you talking about?

Sounds like someone made you mad now you hate the game and all shards, which would be childish logic to say the least.
I'm curious of what immunity was offered as well. Sounds made up.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Mesanna is always welcome to post here.

A guild invite to join in and play is not a bad thing, they are just saying they won't attack you while your guild tag is showing. You are on the team.

If you prefer to play by yourself that's fine. You just become a fair target to them. This is appropriate and customary when playing in Fel.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna is always welcome to post here.

A guild invite to join in and play is not a bad thing, they are just saying they won't attack you while your guild tag is showing. You are on the team.

If you prefer to play by yourself that's fine. You just become a fair target to them. This is appropriate and customary when playing in Fel.
Sounds like a secret conspiracy to me!

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me guess, you come to Atlantic from some other shard just for trades and meet with people that are also not living on Atl but only come to turn a profit.
Missed this before and no. I don't. I was on atl when I came back to uo sure, and landed on gl where I'm quite happy and content and have been for the last 14 months.

I don't goto atl to turn a profit which is what is hurting other shards sure, but that's far from an issue for me bec I generally keep to my own when I can.

I'll play the game as long as I can buying 6 month subs to keep the cost at $10 a month plus taxes, ~$120 a yr.

But if and when this game dies, which atl currently isn't helping any.

I wont shed a tear.

This game died 10 to 12 years ago. I've accepted that for what it is.

Now I'm just waiting for the outward edges of the swirl to reach the drain as it inevitably will.

Edit: I have gone to and had stuff transferred from ATL sure. But never made a profit there. I defer to the above remarks regarding ATL killing the game. So if anything, I in a round about way support atl but only bec of it being the mecca of this game for ppl that care more about lining their pockets more than anything else and me occasional needing something I cant find bec of the vacationers.

Last edited:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah he sounds like a fat pancake
The attitudes it gives, to be mildly PC. Would explain soooooo much.

Bet Messana's best friends with Avatar, even that would exalting so much more.

Aight, I've stirred the pot enough tonight...

But seriously, that really would explain soo much

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I showed you the Tattoo in confidence...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Mesanna got a full sleeve tattoo thank God!

Takes the focus off her face.
Making negative comments about the physical appearance of a Dev who is female, has female sensitivities, is a little over in weight, and middle aged and maybe a little over that, really hurts and will not get us a lot of "good points" and credibility. If for any other reason, would avoid that here, or even in unleashed. Its like hitting "below the belt" of sorts.
We do not want to cultivate passionate hatred against this board by her or her assistants.:naughty-angel:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making negative comments about the physical appearance of a Dev who is female, has female sensitivities, is a little over in weight, and middle aged and maybe a little over that, really hurts and will not get us a lot of "good points" and credibility. If for any other reason, would avoid that here, or even in unleashed. Its like hitting "below the belt" of sorts.
We do not want to cultivate passionate hatred against this board by her or her assistants.:naughty-angel:
I got nothing

Nice one.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think we should care what she thinks of stratics, maybe she'll get the hint that most players think shes doing a bad job.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think we should care what she thinks of stratics, maybe she'll get the hint that most players think shes doing a bad job.

I got a better shot of winning Powerball, cash 5 and mega millions all in the same week...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't use my name with the scammer CBR. No wonder you are quitting. The game is lots better if you have CBR on ignore.
What immunity did I offer you? I doubt if I have the power to un ban accounts. :lol: Which toon were you? Unfortunately we are all in Deceit right now, so most of the other content is probably dead on LS.
Remember - it could have been another using the same name. There's no enforced uniqueness to UO naming.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Well..Most players are not us here in Stratics. There are few of us that are here, and the majority likely do not know much about Stratics, or they are unaware of our existence, or not interested to visit.

Then, think about "bad job". This is kind of a relative concept. There is new content one after the other, they are coming so fast that they interphase with one another. As you remember, she makes the game, and we are enjoying for the most part playing it. Different people want different things. She revamped and updated things here and there, and as almost expected, there were some negative consequences. Some or many people did not like these negatives, but could not have been avoided apparently. We are all whiners, me included, but all in all we need to see the entire forest and not just some trees.
So far we have ok stuff and gameplay, and of course there will always be people that will never be satisfied. Some want instant fixes of things, some want to steer the game their way so they can benefit one way or the other. We are probably what, 2,000 folks on Atl, and another 3 in all other shards combined? There is no way you can keep everyone happy, and hope to have a fair, balanced game.
Agree, some of the f**kups that have resulted due to some changes have been very upsetting, and the lag of fixing bugs etc. So we blow off steam here, as usually, but then pipe down.
But overall this ship is still afloat and not bailing water 20+ years after it was predicted to sink shortly. And it is supporting 6 staff likely making six figures each plus expenses for multiple servers web access and maintenance etc.
So to make it short after such long winded statement..Not sure she overall is doing a horrible job. Maybe a little bit on the contrary?
Most of all, we are still playing this game, and that is cool.:next:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well..Most players are not us here in Stratics. There are few of us that are here, and the majority likely do not know much about Stratics, or they are unaware of our existence, or not interested to visit.

Then, think about "bad job". This is kind of a relative concept. There is new content one after the other, they are coming so fast that they interphase with one another. As you remember, she makes the game, and we are enjoying for the most part playing it. Different people want different things. She revamped and updated things here and there, and as almost expected, there were some negative consequences. Some or many people did not like these negatives, but could not have been avoided apparently. We are all whiners, me included, but all in all we need to see the entire forest and not just some trees.
So far we have ok stuff and gameplay, and of course there will always be people that will never be satisfied. Some want instant fixes of things, some want to steer the game their way so they can benefit one way or the other. We are probably what, 2,000 folks on Atl, and another 3 in all other shards combined? There is no way you can keep everyone happy, and hope to have a fair, balanced game.
Agree, some of the f**kups that have resulted due to some changes have been very upsetting, and the lag of fixing bugs etc. So we blow off steam here, as usually, but then pipe down.
But overall this ship is still afloat and not bailing water 20+ years after it was predicted to sink shortly. And it is supporting 6 staff likely making six figures each plus expenses for multiple servers web access and maintenance etc.
So to make it short after such long winded statement..Not sure she overall is doing a horrible job. Maybe a little bit on the contrary?
Most of all, we are still playing this game, and that is cool.:next:
Some want instant fixes of things, some want to steer the game their way so they can benefit one way or the other.

- That's what a majority of people argue that shes doing. Steering it her way.

Regarding not bailing water.

We've been bailing for at least 15 yrs and that's why it's still afloat.

Because even after all the crap, some ppl including myself still pray for a better day. But that too, will eventually end as all things inevitably do.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remember - it could have been another using the same name. There's no enforced uniqueness to UO naming.
Nope there would be a number after the name in chat. Most players on LS did not know me as Pawain. I just started using him for Deceit. I rarely have used him since the taming revamp came out. So, the timing fits since he said that name. I guess ill never know what I did or did not do.

A returning player on LS was very vocal in chat. He would announce everything he was doing. Everyone tried to help him. He was on daily and now I have not heard from him. He came up with some funny questions. One day he logged on and asked how to find his body. He logged off the night before dead and couldn't find it now. I told him its in a graveyard, look for his tombstone. that lead to some funny adventures with the skeles and Butcher.
He found the Sphinx while wondering around. I told him it was pretty mean to NOOBs. A few minutes later he called out the was dead in the pyramid and couldn't get out. He was good comic relief in chat. Players gave him armor and weapons and tried to help him a lot. He seemed to be having fun from what we heard in chat. Only returning player that stands out recently, the rest still talk in chat.

Last edited: