• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Armor Looking to have a high end custom suit made

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Looking for a PVM suit to add to my collection. Need a craftsman who can integrate/maximize skills, stats, and play style into a suit for this old Sage.

Credit to my old friend @Finley Grant who has been my absolute go to suit builder over the years. He is the quintessential master at this. Enjoy your retirement my friend :)

If you had some references that would be great if we do not have history together.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might be able to help, what kind of suit are you looking for ?

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The basic stats are as follows.

Str 125
Dex 10
Int 125

120 Focus
100 Inscription
120 Evaluate Intelligence
120 Magery
20 Meditation
120 Mysticism
120 Spell Weaving

Looking to Maximize damage output and overall effectiveness. Adds to meditation a good bonus.

Plays with Protection spell on so Physical damage would need to be at 80 to start for all 70's resist.
100% LRC is a given
Usually holding a 50% SDI invasion spellbook but flexible to add SDI to MAX other ways.

Should be a max damage, casting, mana regeneration machine.

What is the very best you can dream up. Then think through it again to next level the suit.

QwertyEuropa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Lord Nabin
As far as I can tell you only really need Legendary Gloves, jewls and a shield. Can you tell me what the other stats on your book are, whether you'll be using VvV items and also whether you're using any masteries?
(Assuming VvV Cryalline Ring but not including extra book stats) You would need to make up 25physi, 4 fire, 11 cold, 17 poison and 9 energy resists from Gloves, bracelet+ shield as well as the other stats. This already accounts for the Leather/Metal enhancement on the Shield + Gloves to get the extra resist. Added skill bonuses from Bracelet are good and any +Str/+HP you can get from the free slots would make the suit much stronger in my opinion.

Could also use Magic Reflect + Reactive armor combination to get free resists (5phsy 5fire 5cold 5poison 5energy) since with inscription it leaves a net gain. You can compensate for the -5 maximum physi resists with armor refinements quite easily and cheaply.... but obviously this requires re-application after deaths and server resets.

Apologies for my spreadsheet lacking eaters/castingfocus and fc/fcr but I mainly made it for my Sampire suit:

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Lord Nabin
As far as I can tell you only really need Legendary Gloves, jewls and a shield. Can you tell me what the other stats on your book are, whether you'll be using VvV items and also whether you're using any masteries?
(Assuming VvV Cryalline Ring but not including extra book stats) You would need to make up 25physi, 4 fire, 11 cold, 17 poison and 9 energy resists from Gloves, bracelet+ shield as well as the other stats. This already accounts for the Leather/Metal enhancement on the Shield + Gloves to get the extra resist. Added skill bonuses from Bracelet are good and any +Str/+HP you can get from the free slots would make the suit much stronger in my opinion.

Could also use Magic Reflect + Reactive armor combination to get free resists (5phsy 5fire 5cold 5poison 5energy) since with inscription it leaves a net gain. You can compensate for the -5 maximum physi resists with armor refinements quite easily and cheaply.... but obviously this requires re-application after deaths and server resets.

Apologies for my spreadsheet lacking eaters/castingfocus and fc/fcr but I mainly made it for my Sampire suit:
What a great spreadsheet! no VvsV items.

I see some great creativity going on in this conversation! That's what I am looking for! :)

jcarter

Visitor
I haven't bothered looking for replacement neck/gloves/brace in a while, but this is on my 120 taming/lore/eval/mage/weaving/med 50 focus build.

I also have 27% poison eater.

PvM casters build themselves in most gear slots. I have 67 phys w/ just prot, max res with prot + reaper.

1591032835202.png

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lord Nabin

This is pretty close to what I wear. I use 2 legendary 1/3 18SDI LRC jewels and pads of the Cu. I use the pendant of the magi instead of an armor piece and I enhanced my legendary shield and gloves for the extra physical resist and wear nocturne earrings.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I appreciate all the very good input. Here is where I am at so far

Head: Dr Spector's lenses
Neck: Pendant of the Magi
Chest: Protector of the Battle Mage
Gloves: Grey Mist (Mi 2, SDI 2% pr 7 dr 7 cr 3 pr 4 er 4)
Legs: Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings
Back: Jumu's Sacred Hide
Robe: Hawkwind's Robe
Sash: Lieutenant of the Britannian Royal Guard
Belt: Crimson Cinture
Feet: Minax's Sandals
Weapon: 50 SDI spellbook (MR 3 SDI 50% FC 1 LRC 10%)
Shield: Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery ( SC 30% INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5% pr5 fr 4 cr 3 pr 4 er 1
Talisman: Mana Phasing Orb MR 1 HC 5 SDI 5 LMC 6
Ring: Compassion's Eye
Bracelet: open
Earrings: open

Suit Stats are as follows

Dex Bonus 5
Intelligence Bonus 38
Hit Points Increase 15/25
Mana Increase 30/25
Hit point Regen 2/18
Mana Regen 29/30
Physical R 47/70
Fire R 67/70
Cold R 57/70
Poison R 59/70
Energy R 62/70

Damage Increase 20
Hit Chance Increase 5
LMC 52/40

FC 1/4
FCR 1/6
LRC 125/100
SDI 137
Soul charge 30
Casting 7/12

Night Sight
Resisting Spells +15

The basic stats are as follows.

Str 125
Dex 10
Int 125

120 Focus
100 Inscription
120 Evaluate Intelligence
120 Magery
20 Meditation
120 Mysticism
120 Spell Weaving

Now Bracelet is another 18% SDI when made that gets me to 155 with room for another 5%

I would like to get this to an all 70's suit if possible while protection is on. Max out the mana to 250 and the hit points.

Seems like I would adjust the stats to 150 int and 150 str with whatever else I can to Dex?

Ok thoughts everyone! Thank you!

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
OK after a lot of work here is where I ended up.

Head: The Scholar’s Halo

Ears: Nocturne Earings

Neck: Pendant of The Magi

Arms: Cuffs of the Archmage

Feet: Minx’s Sandals

Hands: Mystic Gloves of Defense Int +6 MI +6 MR +1 luck 40 PR 30 FR 5 CR 24 PR 9 ER 21

Shield: Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery Soul Charge 30% Spell Channeling INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5 PR 5 CR 3 PR 4 ER 1

Ring: Crystalline Ring

Bracelet: Vicious Bracelet of Wizardry Magery +15 SDI +18 FCR 3 Poison Resist 11

Tali: Wizard’s Curio

Cloak: Jumu’s Sacred Hide

Robe: Hawkwind’s Robe

Waist: Tangle

Spellbook: Invasion 50% SDI

STR 125 Total 294 Focus 120 Total 785

DEX 19 Inscription 100

INT 150 Evaluate Intelligence 120

Magery 120

Meditation 85

Mysticism 120

Spellweaving 120

212 SDI total with Reaper Form and Arcane Empowerment

Last steps I would like to add another +15 meditation to the ring, 5% LRC so I could change the sandals to detective boots, and the 11% Poison Resist off the ring to make room for the Meditation.

Tested the suit this morning seems like plenty of casting power and WoD hit for 937

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That is the Mannequin. It has a selection for suit stats

a wizard

Journeyman
Pretty easy suit to make, also scratch tree form and go wraith form. Even if it's for events then the bosses almost always have enough mana to sustain mana leeches even with multibox teams in attendance, furthermore you're only going to get 2-3 WoDs off during that scenario, and EM rewards eligibility is attained by looting rights anyways, which is acquired by one WoD at 130% SDI. Any other content will see a monster's HP depleted in a way that 20-30 more damage per WoD is irrelevant.

Leeching mana back and doing more word of deaths/spells in general vastly outweighs 10% sdi and 20 additional meditation (if you're an elf/garg without JoaT)

Off the top of my head, here is this:
1593110672979.png

If you shop around you can get an 18% brac, put 3FCR on it and fit 24 (i only used 23 on mine) skill points.
Like this one, iirc I found this with Anatomy on it and changed it to Vet:
1593110737962.png

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Pretty easy suit to make, also scratch tree form and go wraith form. Even if it's for events then the bosses almost always have enough mana to sustain mana leeches even with multibox teams in attendance, furthermore you're only going to get 2-3 WoDs off during that scenario, and EM rewards eligibility is attained by looting rights anyways, which is acquired by one WoD at 130% SDI. Any other content will see a monster's HP depleted in a way that 20-30 more damage per WoD is irrelevant.

Leeching mana back and doing more word of deaths/spells in general vastly outweighs 10% sdi and 20 additional meditation (if you're an elf/garg without JoaT)
I do not do EM events at the moment. The RP aspect of it for me gets ruined by the gimme gimme gimme of the event item. That being said someone else mentioned the wraith strategy.

How would you alot the 85 points currently sitting on Meditation?

a wizard

Journeyman
I do not do EM events at the moment. The RP aspect of it for me gets ruined by the gimme gimme gimme of the event item. That being said someone else mentioned the wraith strategy.

How would you alot the 85 points currently sitting on Meditation?
I edited my post, but based on that I would do this:

Focus 100 + 20
Scribe 100
Eval 110 + 10
Magery 86 + 14 + 20
Med 70
Necro 24
Mystic 110 +10
Weaving 120

which comes out to:

Focus 120
Scribe 100
Eval 120
Magery 120
Med 70
Necro 23
Mystic 120
Weaving 120

Alternatively you could swap Kelp woven leggings with Spell Woven Britches for 10 more med and 2 more SDI at the cost of 5HP, 2MR. Potentially 8 Mana (the int would be capped anyways so it'd just be rolled up into a different stat like str or dex.) and 15LRC (LRC isn't really a factor though, it can be picked up by using legendary gloves.) and varied resistances.

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I do have a clean bracelet with just INT+8 and SDI 18% to work with.

The current bracelet came with 18sdi and FCR 3

Seems I could only had room to imbue the PR +11 and the Magery +15

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK after a lot of work here is where I ended up.

Head: The Scholar’s Halo

Ears: Nocturne Earings

Neck: Pendant of The Magi

Arms: Cuffs of the Archmage

Feet: Minx’s Sandals

Hands: Mystic Gloves of Defense Int +6 MI +6 MR +1 luck 40 PR 30 FR 5 CR 24 PR 9 ER 21

Shield: Arcane Chaos Shield of Sorcery Soul Charge 30% Spell Channeling INT +5 MI 5 MR 4 LMC 5 PR 5 CR 3 PR 4 ER 1

Ring: Crystalline Ring

Bracelet: Vicious Bracelet of Wizardry Magery +15 SDI +18 FCR 3 Poison Resist 11

Tali: Wizard’s Curio

Cloak: Jumu’s Sacred Hide

Robe: Hawkwind’s Robe

Waist: Tangle

Spellbook: Invasion 50% SDI

STR 125 Total 294 Focus 120 Total 785

DEX 19 Inscription 100

INT 150 Evaluate Intelligence 120

Magery 120

Meditation 85

Mysticism 120

Spellweaving 120

212 SDI total with Reaper Form and Arcane Empowerment

Last steps I would like to add another +15 meditation to the ring, 5% LRC so I could change the sandals to detective boots, and the 11% Poison Resist off the ring to make room for the Meditation.

Tested the suit this morning seems like plenty of casting power and WoD hit for 937
It's obviously a personal choice, but I think your jewelry might be holding you back a little. 2/4 casting is a pretty big difference from 4/6. Some 1/3 jewels with 18SDI and a little skill probably outdoes your current setup, even if it costs you a little skill points.

This is with the 5SDI town bonus, nocturne earrings instead of poison earrings and pad of the Cu instead of Minax sandals.

1593108941382.png

I have mystic/focus on a stone, but more often I use necro/ss for very casting intensive encounters and taming/lore for encounters where I need more of a tank.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Lord Nabin Go to Blackthorns and WoD Captains. I don't know why but you can get up to 16,000 damage on most of them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I added an extra 0. But for some reason the Blackthorn Captains take a lot of damage from WoD.

Elaboration: Cast WoD, Captain takes way more damage than 900.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I added an extra 0. But for some reason the Blackthorn Captains take a lot of damage from WoD.

Elaboration: Cast WoD, Captain takes way more damage than 900.
Nice..I presume when they are down to 1/3 life of even before that point?