• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wrestling, only up to 100, why?

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
because the wrestling skill doesn't consume power scroll above 100?
I tried to eat a 120 scroll power and the message I get is exactly this: "Your Wrestling is too high for this power scroll" .
At first I thought it was a mistake, I removed the wrestling skill for a soulstone that is at 100 and tried to eat the power scroll again and keep getting the same message ! :cursing:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you've already eaten a 120 power scroll in wrestling.
try hitting the "show cap' button on your skills gump, it will show you have already eaten a 120 id assume.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I haven't used any power scroll of this capacity yet, and if I had used my skill, it would certainly have gone up, when using the 5.0 scroll of the transcendence, and I have the four to reach 120.
If that is not enough I tried to raise the skill by normal means, that is, training, this is 100 in the skill menu and I have 120 points out of 720 for that, I can't eat a 120 power scroll of wrestling, help me!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I haven't used any power scroll of this capacity yet, and if I had used my skill, it would certainly have gone up, when using the 5.0 scroll of the transcendence, and I have the four to reach 120.
If that is not enough I tried to raise the skill by normal means, that is, training, this is 100 in the skill menu and I have 120 points out of 720 for that, I can't eat a 120 power scroll of wrestling, help me!
That's weird. You sure? Like Poo and jack flash uk said, the message you are seeing is verbatim what you see when you have "already ated" a scroll.

Did you try "Show Real" in skills, like this?:

Sting.PNG

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't need 4 to reach 120, the 120 is enough. It sounds like you don't have a full grasp of how power scrolls work.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Call a gm somehow you are bugged, since you cant eat the +20 scroll. Its shows clear in your picture that your cap is 100 and not 120 so you should be able to eat the +20 scroll if you have a +5 or 10 laying around you could try thoose to maybe unblock your ability to eat the +20 scroll.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need 4 to reach 120, the 120 is enough. It sounds like you don't have a full grasp of how power scrolls work.
ok I have 100 points in the wrestling skill, and to reach 120, I think I will need four transcendence scrolls, 5.0 + 5.0, I reach 110; 5.0 +5.0 I get to 120

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call a gm somehow you are bugged, since you cant eat the +20 scroll. Its shows clear in your picture that your cap is 100 and not 120 so you should be able to eat the +20 scroll if you have a +5 or 10 laying around you could try thoose to maybe unblock your ability to eat the +20 scroll.
thanks for the help, yes i tried using a 105 and another 110, without success, it is difficult in my shard to get a variety of power scroll, i will try to find one of 115, maybe it will solve

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if you 'mix up' power scroll, stat scroll and scroll of transcendence. Your screenshot shows clearly, that you have NOT yet "swallowed" a wrestling power scroll. Do that first and then you should also be able to use your scrolls of transcendence ... (after unlocking the skill ...) ;-)

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if you 'mix up' power scroll, stat scroll and scroll of transcendence. Your screenshot shows clearly, that you have NOT yet "swallowed" a wrestling power scroll. Do that first and then you should also be able to use your scrolls of transcendence ... (after unlocking the skill ...) ;-)
I know the mechanics of the game, especially when it comes to improving my cap, through power scroll (white scrolls), transcendence scroll (pink) and alacrity scroll (blue). well if you take a peek at the picture i posted here, you will see that there are already several skills in the maximum cap. My problem is that it is not possible, as I reported above, to increase this cap (wrestling). I have no idea why this is happening precisely with the wrestling skill.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In thirteen years of play, this is the first time that I use the wrestling skill above 100 (master) and I want to reach this skill at 120 (legendary). Well I asked for help from a GM, and I'm waiting for the answer to this question. I think it is a bug, when the GM responds and solves it I post the answer here.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In thirteen years of play, this is the first time that I use the wrestling skill above 100 (master) and I want to reach this skill at 120 (legendary). Well I asked for help from a GM, and I'm waiting for the answer to this question. I think it is a bug, when the GM responds and solves it I post the answer here.

Attachments

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your screen shot does not help at all.
take another but this time put the tab up that has 'wrestling' on it so we can see if it is 100/100 or 100/120.
and be sure you have the 'show cap' thing toggled.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oppps,
disregard the above, i just noticed that your screen shot has it on the right side of the screen, i was looking on the gump menu on your screen.
i dont play EC so im not use to looking at that eye vomit pixil.

it certainly does state you have not eaten a 120 as of yet.
if your account on EJ by chance?
because on EJ you cant use scrolls.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Open up the Skills Window, Right-Click on the Wrestling Skill and select "Remove Auto-Lock Value".

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Show us a pic of you trying to eat a 120 and it saying you can't.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
because on EJ you cant use scrolls.
This is not true, we have added 110's of Animal Lore on several EJ accounts, and this past week also brought an EJ bard to 120 on all four Barding skills. Well, the cap we mean, still work in progress lol. We think EJ accounts can't GET Power Scrolls, but they can use them.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not true, we have added 110's of Animal Lore on several EJ accounts, and this past week also brought an EJ bard to 120 on all four Barding skills. Well, the cap we mean, still work in progress lol. We think EJ accounts can't GET Power Scrolls, but they can use them.
it's okay, but I don't have an EJ account, just a normal account, and I don't think I would post a fake news here. I am the most interested that my char in all my accounts can eat any power scroll. I had no problems with any skills, only with wrestling.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Open up the Skills Window, Right-Click on the Wrestling Skill and select "Remove Auto-Lock Value".
as a player who does not play the EC why in the hell would they have a function that would lock you out from eating a PS?
and wow is that obscure!
good job in finding and knowing what the problem was though.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"I know the mechanics of the game"...forgets to unlock the skill....glad you got it fixed either way :p

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I know the mechanics of the game"...forgets to unlock the skill....glad you got it fixed either way :p
Glad you know both platforms, and know all the secret commands, next time I will ask you directly. :thumbsup:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Despite being silly, but why the hell, exactly was this skill boring?
I think that's why I love this game, sometimes something so trivial happens that I think my brain has short-circuited.
Thank you all for your willingness to help me. :thumbup1: