• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking to come back after 14 years

Namtih

Visitor
So I haven't played UO in 14 years. Played from launch until 2005. Lake Superior Shard.

I've missed it, missed some friends, but also missed the game itself.

I'm wondering though, how do I join back? Do I just download the app? Will I be able to get access to my old account? Do I need to buy/subscribe to anything? I'm very much in the dark about how to do so and what limitations I may have with coming back.

This was the first site I'd always go to (along with being active in the UO Yahoo Group) for info, so happy to see Stratics is still around.

Thanks all for any help!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uo.com has all you need.

Make a tamer.

Welcome back.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Welcome back, and to further elaborate

A Summary for Returning Players – Ultima Online

Has the info ya want.
When you contact BS they will ask questions to verify the account(s) were yours, like mailing address, email address ect.

Tamers(wow big changes) and sampires are big now, and masteries are way different.

Atl is the most populated shard, but all have some sort of population.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI: Just in case you are thinking that the "BS" Draza mentioned is "bullsh*t, it stands for "Broadsword".....the current owners of UO. Man, after 14 years, you have a LOT to catch up on. Welcome back!

Namtih

Visitor
Thanks all for the welcome. I remember how great the stratics community always has been.

Of course the first problem was not being able to use my current EA account. My wife is always on Sims and we can't split accounts, so I had to create a new one.

Namtih

Visitor
So I've gotten thru to trying to look up my accounts thru Mythic....but I played before the whole Mythic thing...like I said, it has been 14 years.

Is it possible that the old account is no longer accessible?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If you have the accurate account information, you can email [email protected] for assistance.
Mesanna is the game's producer (The Dark Lady).

She will help with super old account activation which can be a pain - I had to get with her to get two of my oldest accounts in line with my EA account (one was a beta account, so the info is still there).

Being so close to the holidays, and right after a publish... you might wanna do this quickly.

Welcome home!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you create a new EA account you should be able to link your old ultima online account to it. Remember it's accountname_uo to find and link it.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just be fully aware that the game has changed significantly since you left.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes. I came back 2years ago, and recovered accoints from back in 99

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back...I've been playing with several people who have returned after long absences...It's great to see.