• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Tabards...

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am a little confused. Is it 1 Tabard per toon? so if I want all 8 I have to use 8 different toons?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup if you just want those. Do 3 shrine battles on a toon. 8 Captain credits will get Tabard. Drop a frag for Title.

So pretty easy to get those.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Does each character have to do the quest chain to get tabard or can every character use the fellowship necklace once it has changed colors?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I dropped frags, started a battle and thought I could solo one with a pet, it was the Necro Dexxer I guess, he kept teleporting away just as my bandage was about to go off. I had to finally give up and was really quite unimpressed with the entire ordeal.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I dropped frags, started a battle and thought I could solo one with a pet, it was the Necro Dexxer I guess, he kept teleporting away just as my bandage was about to go off. I had to finally give up and was really quite unimpressed with the entire ordeal.
Sorry the group activity was too difficult for you to solo.
upload_2019-12-10_18-2-27.png

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Need 1 medalliian for himan or elf, a second if your garg.

Only need to get a single sheetmusic(pass that around) then only need a lute for each toon.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Need 1 medalliian for himan or elf, a second if your garg.

Only need to get a single sheetmusic(pass that around) then only need a lute for each toon.
Wait, so each character does have to do the quest chain to get a tabard?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No... you can do the quest and just hand the fellowship medallion over to other characters to use and go get the Tabard but you DO have to kill 8 captains at one shrine first.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No just wear the necklace to claim the reward. Dont have to do quest. Can kill 8 Captains at one shrine without having the necklace or planting a fragment. But to get the reward you have to plant a Fragment at that shrine and wear necklace to collect.

(wrote a while ago and didnt send)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No just wear the necklace to claim the reward. Dont have to do quest. Can kill 8 Captains at one shrine without having the necklace or planting a fragment. But to get the reward you have to plant a Fragment at that shrine and wear necklace to collect.

(wrote a while ago and didnt send)

Wait...
you say that i dont need to drop any fragment to get a kill count at shrine??
I thought that to get 1 number of kills (of the 8 needed) you have to kill the summoned Captain where your fragment was used!!!

Someone can confirm this?
thx :)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can kill captains at any shrine that is active, whether you dropped a fragment or not and get credit for the kills towards your count. To actually claim a tabard, you have to drop one fragment (at the shrine where you killed 8 captains). You can do this at any time, before or after you killed the 8 captains. In fact, you don't have to have it activate the shrine at all, just drop one fragment at any time.

I.e. you can hang out at a shrine, kill 8 captains then days later go when nobody is there, drop one fragment (that doesn't start the shrine) and you can then go get your tabard.

It also works this way to claim the cloak. You don't have to drop a single fragment if you've killed the captains at every shrine.

Hope this helps.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can kill captains at any shrine that is active, whether you dropped a fragment or not and get credit for the kills towards your count. To actually claim a tabard, you have to drop one fragment (at the shrine where you killed 8 captains). You can do this at any time, before or after you killed the 8 captains. In fact, you don't have to have it activate the shrine at all, just drop one fragment at any time.

I.e. you can hang out at a shrine, kill 8 captains then days later go when nobody is there, drop one fragment (that doesn't start the shrine) and you can then go get your tabard.

It also works this way to claim the cloak. You don't have to drop a single fragment if you've killed the captains at every shrine.

Hope this helps.
it helped me a lot, thx :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you just want to get a fast tabard.

Find someone who is about to do 3 shrine battles at the same shrine.

Go kill stuff and get credit for 8 captains. Drop one fragment on the shrine to get the title.

Borrow a necklace that's silver and go to the well and click the ankh.
You get a tabard.

My T Hunter took 4 shrines to get 8 credits.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I said I "thought" I could , I didn't say I "expected" to be able to.
And you you did not call for help in Chat? A guy tried to solo Krampus near midnight last night on LS. He called for help. 6 showed up immediately.

I cant also believe no one found you. If I'm not doing battles I'm hopping thru the gates to see if someone is.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you you did not call for help in Chat? A guy tried to solo Krampus near midnight last night on LS. He called for help. 6 showed up immediately.

I cant also believe no one found you. If I'm not doing battles I'm hopping thru the gates to see if someone is.

Garth plays Siege, where you don't normally want to be found and you certainly don't, if you're smart, announce where and what you are doing in genchat. Just one of those Siege things.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a sad place. I can see why they do not like UO.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You use standard colour from lvl 2 cloth armour dye tub

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dye it can you get it back to its original color, say with using scouring toxin?
I would think you could, I don't think I've known anything that toxin or one of the other items wouldn't bring it back. I'll try and post when i try it.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would think you could, I don't think I've known anything that toxin or one of the other items wouldn't bring it back. I'll try and post when i try it.
I haven't been able to get into TC to give a try.