• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old Timer looking to make a return...

Bill Nye

Visitor
Hey guys n gals, Bill Nye here.. I played UO from 1997 to about 2002 on Catskills and Atlantic, plus some player run shards here and there afterwards. A few days ago I decided to do something I thought I would never do again, and download the UO client and sign up for an account.

I downloaded the 2d client and immediately got the nostalgic feeling I was hoping for, a lot of the music, sounds, and clicks were the same.. loved it.

Anyways to make a long story short, where does everybody play? I could not for the life of me find anybody anwhere, also is there any guilds out there that wanna take me in?

Shout out to anyone that still plays from the glory days!

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
welcome back. lots of people still play just have 2 work 2 find them. there's global chat now. also luna, not wbb. if u want a big community & you're from the USA then go to atlantic. no other real choice. if you want smaller you have more options

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have fun.

Hope you don't run into the same problems others have.

PageBoy

Journeyman
Anyways to make a long story short, where does everybody play?!
These days ppl mainly playing afk in Luna bank.

Joke aside, Atl is the place where to be, because it’s dying but all other shards are already dead years ago

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While the off shards appear dead, we have close knit groups.

On napa, there are around 40 of us in a private discord channel.

So what i mean os, with more ways to chat now than just ingame, its hatder to find people. Welcome back, and good luck.

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Tons of folks in Atlantic as they have said , harder for a nice plot of land for a home but its all your play style, I came back to Lake Austin a couple months ago and it was difficult to get started but as others have said you find a community . It makes a difference as well you will find i am sure no matter where you go folks willing to help. Welcome back !

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atl is the place where to be, [...] but all other shards are already dead years ago
Not entirely true. We are a bunch of players on Europa as well. Maybe not as busy as Atlantic but we are definitely a very much alive community and still enjoying the game.
Every evening we hold a daily meet at West Brit bank to help newbies and returnees. And of course us oldtimers share a cup and have a nice chat.

The bank meet is at 6pm UK-time (7pm CET) for those interested.

Last edited: