• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Jolly Roger coming to Origin, Izumo, and Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11/19/2019 Greetings, We are pleased to announce the Origin, Izumo, and Baja release of Jolly Roger will be available following each shard’s normally scheduled maintenance beginning November 20, 2019! Jolly Roger is the fourth and final in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and we are excited to bring updates to holiday favorites such as Holiday Gift Tokens, The Artisan Festival, Krampus and more! Please be sure to check out the publish notes for the latest updates, and participate on the UO Forum in the latest discussions. Due to the upcoming US Thanksgiving Holiday, this testing period […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:banana:Thanks Testers.:banana:

Based on player feedback, all players who qualify for the top contributor list are guaranteed at least 1 and up to 3 minor artifacts per Captain.
You had a chance of no reward on TC.

Removed transparency from crafting gumps in the EC
Was brought up in Forums.

Mannequins:
Added the ability to add subtitle descriptions to mannequins via context menu
  • Re-enabled stats on mannequins by default
  • Resolved issue with night sight not displaying
  • Resolved issue with non-owners accessing mannequins
  • Resolved issue with medable suit status being incorrect
  • Resolved issue where gump transparency did not function properly in the EC
  • Added stat cap details for reflect physical damage and enhance potions
  • Burst, Phase, and Surge properties now display when comparing full suit stats
  • Resolved issue where resist caps displayed as 0
  • Resolved context item hues in the EC
  • Resolved issue related to damage type calculations be incorrect when using quivers and weapons

Looks like they listen when you provide constructive feedback.

Love this part! Finally! Can change Hawkwinds.
  • Tabard of Virtue
    • Can be equipped by all races
    • Using an existing Hawkwind’s Robe, the Tabard can be infused with the properties of the Hawkwind’s Robe
      • Hawkwind’s Robe will be destroyed in the process
      • Blessed status will be retained or need to be removed as indicated by system messaging

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah now mannequins have better information then your current players Status bar does!!!! So glad they did this completely backwards. I don't understand the thought process that does into these patches anymore, just mind-boggling.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah now mannequins have better information then your current players Status bar does!!!! So glad they did this completely backwards. I don't understand the thought process that does into these patches anymore, just mind-boggling.
Now that they know how to do it for a mannequin we can request the same status sheet for our characters...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are the Shrine Battles still tied to the shrines or are they somewhere else in game? The notes said this was to test the combat mechanics, but didn't say where the fights would be located upon publish 107.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the Shrine Battles still tied to the shrines or are they somewhere else in game? The notes said this was to test the combat mechanics, but didn't say where the fights would be located upon publish 107.
The Shrine Battles will be at Shrines. There will be Lore and hoops to jump thru that are not released yet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can these minor artifacts be turned in ?
No. The Artifacts were put in for armor set collectors. They look great!

Drop them in Luna if they do not please you. The Fellowship Rewards are our Halloween Dungeon Rewards this year.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. The Artifacts were put in for armor set collectors. They look great!

Drop them in Luna if they do not please you. The Fellowship Rewards are our Halloween Dungeon Rewards this year.
If true, this is super lame. Hard to believe they waste so much dev. Why would they??

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the shrine battles occur in some type of order or can there be seven different shrine battles occurring simultaneously? And can anyone jump into the shrine battle or just the initiator and his/her party can fight? Thank you all!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anybody can fight. Being a top contributor on 8 captains is the goal.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is it known what the mods are on the cape and stuff?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any benefit for completing a shrine battle at all 8 shrines vs completing 8 battles at the same shrine?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why top contributor? Then same person gets drop everytime... unless this is a solo event

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:banana:Thanks Testers.:banana:

Based on player feedback, all players who qualify for the top contributor list are guaranteed at least 1 and up to 3 minor artifacts per Captain.
You had a chance of no reward on TC.

Removed transparency from crafting gumps in the EC
Was brought up in Forums.

Mannequins:
Added the ability to add subtitle descriptions to mannequins via context menu
  • Re-enabled stats on mannequins by default
  • Resolved issue with night sight not displaying
  • Resolved issue with non-owners accessing mannequins
  • Resolved issue with medable suit status being incorrect
  • Resolved issue where gump transparency did not function properly in the EC
  • Added stat cap details for reflect physical damage and enhance potions
  • Burst, Phase, and Surge properties now display when comparing full suit stats
  • Resolved issue where resist caps displayed as 0
  • Resolved context item hues in the EC
  • Resolved issue related to damage type calculations be incorrect when using quivers and weapons

Looks like they listen when you provide constructive feedback.

Love this part! Finally! Can change Hawkwinds.
  • Tabard of Virtue
    • Can be equipped by all races
    • Using an existing Hawkwind’s Robe, the Tabard can be infused with the properties of the Hawkwind’s Robe
      • Hawkwind’s Robe will be destroyed in the process
      • Blessed status will be retained or need to be removed as indicated by system messaging
Who did they select to test this?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why top contributor? Then same person gets drop everytime... unless this is a solo event
It's not one person...
It says "all players who qualify for the top contributor list", i.e. anyone with looting rights. On bosses with a lot of HPs, usually that's a lot of people...

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not one person...
It says "all players who qualify for the top contributor list", i.e. anyone with looting rights. On bosses with a lot of HPs, usually that's a lot of people...
Top means if you dont hit for 300 you wont get looting rights, this is the worst way

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nope, the only reason they did them at all was that people complained that they like to get a set of special colored armor each year.

Those of us who like to do that are just fine with it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The population of Baja these days is so low that testing on Baja isn't giving new stuff a really good workout.
Just sayin'

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope, the only reason they did them at all was that people complained that they like to get a set of special colored armor each year.

Those of us who like to do that are just fine with it.
Some special colored deco armor is really not going go get me into UO this winter. There are events on every other game right now, more to come for december, and frankly they all look more rewarding. That's another two months of the 90 day game for me then. Still can't believe they designed a whole event encounter without useful rewards.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Again I believe they are in the OMG what do we do about powercreeep mode and don't want to give us squat... and it shows... and you are right... I am playing more Black Desert than UO... because well they update every week with more new stuff to do... things to explore and quests and all and honestly it's more fun. Especially more fun than killing pirates by the 1,000's... over and over and over... I do like Krampus but to get old school Ranger armor??? I always did like the Ranger set but it's pretty freaking lame armor ... Just changed it's name... kinda meh... but I'm looking forward to getting whip recipes... that'll be good.

And for me I want the Tabbards... I am rather into Virtues... so I am looking forward to that. But I do understand.

If you aren't into Deco or titles I can see where the stuff is meh... but as I keep saying what do you expect from a tiny team? Black Desert I'm sure has 50+ on the DEV team... Big difference. Does it suck yep sure does... but don't know that we can do squat about it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Again I believe they are in the OMG what do we do about powercreeep mode and don't want to give us squat... and it shows
Yea, thats their choice. I can spent my time and money elsewhere. No biggie. Maybe there will be events with useful rewards next year again.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really? What's the point of participating if there is no option to turn them in for useful items? There has to be more than just deco.
Well, they been busy and could tell us when we asked for anything. I think thats the whole point of those publishes. Keeping the whales alive with some smokes and mirrors and as little effort as possible.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This game seriously needs an immersive and ever changing quest system put in place. Town NPCs that actually have meaningful quests that change weekly/monthly. Help !! Go out and kill x "mob" for a reward, actually rescue a prisoner, maybe the prisoner is deep in a dungeon, or tied to the mast on an orc ship. Give me stuff like this !!! Not another colored armor set, while I get that there are those who like collecting stuff like this, that's great. Keep it coming for those players, but also put stuff in for other players. A dynamic quest system has long been needed, not a static, 10+ yr old one.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
This whole event does not interest me at all. I'll be skipping it and use this break to recharge from months and months of orc pirating.

See you in 2020 !

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same I spend most of my free time on elder scrolls online lately, im not a deco guy and UO has been really all about deco lately. Cya in spring !

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome. I'll make I get as many tabards as I can since they will be worth a lot when y'all return.

We got the stuff in the Fellowship for our Halloween drops. It's time to move on to shrine battles and krampus.

If you have to have trinkets for everything you kill, it is time to move on.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Decos and decos Pawain I got about 50 pumpkin rowboats , stop having an answer to everything , those new tabards is a revamp of an existing artifact , as all the lately stuff they released, time to move on like you said.

They can't even adress anything pvp related because they are clueless honestly, it's sad but true, im waiting on Mesanna announcement for what they have planned for idocs, pretty much all atm.

There are so many unused artifacts in the game when I look at stygian abyss or ilshenar etc , that could be revamped, instead of releasing new version of existing artifacts. I'm happy for the new design system, but we need new or revamped content ( by revamped I mean stats revamped or the other remaining dungeons revamped)

Last edited:

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I got about 50 pumpkin rowboats
Well, Mack the Finger said to Louie the King
"I got forty red white and blue shoe strings
And a thousand telephones that don't ring
Do you know where I can get rid of these things?"
And Louie the King said, "Let me think for a minute, son"

And he said, "Yes, I think it can be easily done
Just take everything down to Highway 61"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are so many unused artifacts in the game when I look at stygian abyss or ilshenar etc , that could be revamped, instead of releasing new version of existing artifacts.
I agree. Once the Mannequins come out I am going to plead for an upgrade to suit sets that takes years to get a complete suit that has stats that would be good in 2000.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love the turn-in mechanics. I don’t even need new items. I would love it if we could get the same items as last year with Khal Ankur. I need more first aid belts. I look forward to these turn-in events, but there has always been at least something to choose from.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when this goes world wide...
I am assuming, because Krampus will start, that the Halloween stuff will get shut off.
Does that mean all the soulbound stuff will be shut off too?
as in, can't fill the soulbinders any more...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same I spend most of my free time on elder scrolls online lately, im not a deco guy and UO has been really all about deco lately. Cya in spring !
Right? What's with everything being deco related anymore.

Give a reason to advance your characters, give content that seems hard and dangerous not bosses with more hit points and less ai. Throw a carrot to fight for in PvP like power scrolls were in aos. Make it so running through a dungeon feels hard, heck force players to be on foot in dungeons, forcing remount when you exit.

The game needs the stale removed. All this new content is touched by so few players, and it's all for again, pure deco for houses. Does anyone realize much of the player base could give a damn about what their storage box of a house looks like?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The biggest thing missing from UO is the sense of danger when you step outside of guard zone. Back in the day the game had that, whether from monster or unpredictable players... nowdays, there is none.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The biggest thing missing from UO is the sense of danger when you step outside of guard zone. Back in the day the game had that, whether from monster or unpredictable players... nowdays, there is none.
100%

I want to walk through despise and some earth eles toss boulders at me, and it half life's me. Or an ettin smack me with a club and it be terrifying. I want people to have to go to PvP areas with players competing over a reward (like power scrolls) that they absolutely covet to advance their character along.

Now u just buy 20s, from a guy that farms them on izumo or wherever risk free, and that's that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First off you all can do that any time you want... I'm sorry but you don't "have" to wear a full 70's uber suit... You want that kinda fun back you got it... take off all that armor make yourself a plain jane crafted suit no thrills no using a runic and go into the dungeon...

You want to fear walking outside the guard zone go play on Siege/Mugen... You can do all that but you don't.

we don't need more PS... we do NOT need to go to 150... they would just stretch out the 120 skill to 150 and GM would never be able to cast a gate again... you'll need at least 110 to try... and fail 100x... no, we don't need that...

what we need is a reason to have a community again... reasons to work as a group and a team... a reason to join a party or a guild. Right now there really aren't any.

And I would quit if I were forced to PvP... I'd be done with UO permanently along with 90% of the population... face it If people really wanted that crap Fel would be flooded with people all the time instead of the graveyard that it is... Siege would be bursting with players .... instead of the ghost town that it is ... and you know it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right? What's with everything being deco related anymore.

Give a reason to advance your characters, give content that seems hard and dangerous not bosses with more hit points and less ai. Throw a carrot to fight for in PvP like power scrolls were in aos. Make it so running through a dungeon feels hard, heck force players to be on foot in dungeons, forcing remount when you exit.

The game needs the stale removed. All this new content is touched by so few players, and it's all for again, pure deco for houses. Does anyone realize much of the player base could give a damn about what their storage box of a house looks like?
I didn't bother much with the mythical crate event stuff. Then with the latest event step they required you to have those coins from doing tons of crates. Of course they never told anyone those would be needed. No suprise I didn't bother checking it out once. Maybe there was something in for me. Maybe I would have subbed or bought some stuff from the store. We will never know at this point.

But it's BS' choice whether they want casuals or not. Right now it doesn't feel like they do. So I stick with those games where im not completely excluded just for not being a power-player.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First off you all can do that any time you want... I'm sorry but you don't "have" to wear a full 70's uber suit... You want that kinda fun back you got it... take off all that armor make yourself a plain jane crafted suit no thrills no using a runic and go into the dungeon...

You want to fear walking outside the guard zone go play on Siege/Mugen... You can do all that but you don't.

we don't need more PS... we do NOT need to go to 150... they would just stretch out the 120 skill to 150 and GM would never be able to cast a gate again... you'll need at least 110 to try... and fail 100x... no, we don't need that...

what we need is a reason to have a community again... reasons to work as a group and a team... a reason to join a party or a guild. Right now there really aren't any.

And I would quit if I were forced to PvP... I'd be done with UO permanently along with 90% of the population... face it If people really wanted that crap Fel would be flooded with people all the time instead of the graveyard that it is... Siege would be bursting with players .... instead of the ghost town that it is ... and you know it.
Amen.

Powerscrolls were one of the worst ideas ever. Shoulda found a different bone to toss the PvP crowd, so many of us were proud of making (finally) GM in a few skills, and suddenly it was no good anymore... Going to 150 will only compound the problem.

The PvP crowd shouldn't worry about equipment, like with the VvV and faction arties. You want equipment, farm it from the same animals we do, or loot it from enemies. Simplify the pvp completely, kill off all the city stuff, and go strictly Order/chaos. You wanna PvP, sign up. And make it world wide. Everywhere.

The problem I see with most PvP'ers is that they want thye sheep led to them in Fel, where they can slaughter them. Then they want to run to Luna and banksit the counts off. No. Make it worldwide, if these dudes wanna kill, let it be hazardous everywhere. And no more rewards, your loot from your kills is your reward. No more insurance for anyone in O/C, yall want danger, here it is...go for it. Be tough, be old school, instead of sitting at the table waiting on the devs to force us to feed you.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Amen.

Powerscrolls were one of the worst ideas ever. Shoulda found a different bone to toss the PvP crowd, so many of us were proud of making (finally) GM in a few skills, and suddenly it was no good anymore... Going to 150 will only compound the problem.

The PvP crowd shouldn't worry about equipment, like with the VvV and faction arties. You want equipment, farm it from the same animals we do, or loot it from enemies. Simplify the pvp completely, kill off all the city stuff, and go strictly Order/chaos. You wanna PvP, sign up. And make it world wide. Everywhere.

The problem I see with most PvP'ers is that they want thye sheep led to them in Fel, where they can slaughter them. Then they want to run to Luna and banksit the counts off. No. Make it worldwide, if these dudes wanna kill, let it be hazardous everywhere. And no more rewards, your loot from your kills is your reward. No more insurance for anyone in O/C, yall want danger, here it is...go for it. Be tough, be old school, instead of sitting at the table waiting on the devs to force us to feed you.
pvp is not about sending sheep to slaughter, its about competing over a goal. Imagine going to war with no payoff, or a football game getting played without a clock. There hasn't been proper goals set fourth in pvp in a long time. In pvm, your goal may be to get an artifact, ingredients, deco.... and you keep going until you achieve it. The biggest issue is mixing the two worlds under one roof. The biggest push to that is to have something to "win", and it tends to be better for that something to have a profound use, not a name on a poorly executed leaderboard and things of that nature - tbh properly working leaderboards are fine, but not when they are taken advantage of as they can be in an open world environment.

Let me ask you this - do alot of people go pvm without hoping to achieve something? Just go and kill stuff in shame or whatever, not even loot the mobs, just go do it because they enjoy it? To be honest, the only place ive ever seen that occur is the wave thing in covetous - and even then you gain points to spend on a vendor to get something. This is somewhat similiar to VvV with the exception that the VvV points are poorly designed, with rewards very few would desire more than once so the longterm payout isn't seen.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, you win a reward. Whatever the players corpse's have on em. No insurance either, remember the mantra "Risk vs Reward". Yup.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, you win a reward. Whatever the players corpse's have on em. No insurance either, remember the mantra "Risk vs Reward". Yup.
yea fine with me, abolish insurance in fel - sounds good. But wait, if there is no push to go to fel for risk, then what is the reward in killing anyone? There is an economic cycle to the world remember, for example a vast majority of players pvming are farming up items that have no realistic use in a tram only pvm and deco world. Why? because they are valuable in the other environment.

But for whatever reason if you mention the reverse people lose their minds.You don't see Jane Doe player who logs on 3x a week to pvp complaining that she has no way of getting a cameo for their archer without being subjected to pvm content - but the second you mention subjecting a pvm only player to pvp content they absolutely lose their minds.... cry about sheep being led to wolves, abolish that entire aspect of the game and try to force their playstyle upon others. Its an amazing case study really.

And please don't recommend siege - it has its own entire host of unrelated problems.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And please don't recommend siege - it has its own entire host of unrelated problems.
Like not being able to realistically run 800+ skill or 4/6 casting on your suit? Like having to spend time to get to 120? Let's face it, you just don't want to actually lose anything when you die... It's ok, you can admit it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like not being able to realistically run 800+ skill or 4/6 casting on your suit? Like having to spend time to get to 120? Let's face it, you just don't want to actually lose anything when you die... It's ok, you can admit it.
I do have chars on siege, my number one issue there is that everyone ELSE has that problem lol. Never see a soul without hiding/stealth just traveling around in the shadows. Please tell me more though

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Been saying this all the time, Bring Chaos vs Order back again, dont restrict the fight in fel only, make like it was before, if you dont want to fight, dont join or use a different toon to go to luna or whatever, nowadays the gold is shared between all the toons, so if you want to avoid to be killed, use a different toon. I agree, pvp is boring now, you have the House hide group, the cheaters with all those wall scripts, no tree hack and all things that they can stack on top. VVV fights are long gone, the devs said that After High Seas patchs, next they work on vvv 2.0, why not just bring Chaos vs Order back, the system is already there.