• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 106 Recipes, are they the same or is there a difference ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the Publish 106 Notes at Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes – Ultima Online

These 6 Recipes can be Redeemed with Fellowship Souls :

Recipe Scrolls
  • All recipes crafted via tailoring
  • Mage’s Hood of Scholarly Insight – new mage’s hood equippable with the stats of the Scholarly Halo
    • 5 Yards of Cloth, 5 Leather, 1 Scholar’s Halo, 10 Void Core
  • Cowl of the Mace & Shield – new assassin’s cowl equippable with the stats of the Mace & Shield Glasses
    • 5 Yards of Cloth, 5 Leather, 1 Mace & Shield Reading Glasses, 10 Vile Tentacles
  • Elegant Collar of Fortune – new elegant collar equippable with the stats of Leurocian’s Mempo of Fortune
    • 5 Yards of Cloth, 5 Leather, 1 Leurocian’s Mempo of Fortune, 10 Fey Wings
  • Crimson Dagger/Sword/Mace Belt – 3 different weapon belt equippables with the stats of the Crimson Cincture *decorative, cannot store a weapon*
    • 4 Yards of Cloth, 5 Leather, Crimson Cincture, 10 Lodestone
Instead, from Scalis, Corgul and Charybdis, these 6 Recipes can come as drops :

• Scalis
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Mace Belt
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Assassin’s Cowl
  • Corgul
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Sword Belt
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Mage’s Hood
  • Charybdis
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Dagger Belt
    • Recipe for the generic version of the Elegant Collar
What I do not have as clear, is whether the 6 Recipes that can be Redeemed with Souls from the Fellowship are the same 6 Recipes which can be obtained as drops from Scalis, Corgul and Charybdis, or whether they are different....

Can anyone who knows this, please be kind to clarify it to me ?

Thanks !

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
According to the Publish 106 Notes at Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes – Ultima Online

These 6 Recipes can be Redeemed with Fellowship Souls :

Instead, from Scalis, Corgul and Charybdis, these 6 Recipes can come as drops :

What I do not have as clear, is whether the 6 Recipes that can be Redeemed with Souls from the Fellowship are the same 6 Recipes which can be obtained as drops from Scalis, Corgul and Charybdis, or whether they are different....

Can anyone who knows this, please be kind to clarify it to me ?

Thanks !
They are different, the generic version have no stats and require less mats to make and are purely cosmetic. The versions from the vendor require existing artifacts and retain the said artifacts stats when made.

gen.jpg up.jpg

Generic version of the sword belt on the left from Corgul.
Upgraded version from vendor made with the Crimson Cincture.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are different, the generic version have no stats and require less mats to make and are purely cosmetic. The versions from the vendor require existing artifacts and retain the said artifacts stats when made.

View attachment 103466 View attachment 103467

Generic version of the sword belt on the left from Corgul.
Upgraded version from vendor made with the Crimson Cincture.
Thank you.

So the 6 recipes that drop from Scalis, Corgul and Charybdis, being merely "cosmetic", bring no advantage to one's own suit as compared to the ones which instead can be obtained from the Fellowship Vendor with Soulbinders' Souls....

Which would make one think that the "Generic" Recipes that come as drops off of Scalis, Corgul and Charybdis, should be quite cheap as a value....

Instead, looking at Vendor Search, I find the Generic Recipes at quite higher prices as compared to those that come from the Fellowship Vendor...

How come ?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drop is rarer ;) . And these belts after crafting are exceptional so you can modify them a bit by Imbuing Skill as you want to . Nonetheless these simple recipes remain ingame meanwhile the others will disapear after the Rising TIde/Jolly Roger Event Cirle. Whoever else do not have this "easier" to get ones should hurry up if he want also want one.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drop is rarer ;) . And these belts after crafting are exceptional so you can modify them a bit by Imbuing Skill as you want to . Nonetheless these simple recipes remain ingame meanwhile the others will disapear after the Rising TIde/Jolly Roger Event Cirle. Whoever else do not have this "easier" to get ones should hurry up if he want also want one.
I do not believe the generic version can be imbued. Exceptional or not, it is purely cosmetic at this point in time.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with @Merus the drops are, from my experience, pretty damed rare! I'm not at home to test but I'm pretty certain none can be imbued, purely cosmetic.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I must say though, I do think the system was back to front. Generic versions should have been the 'easy to buy' version and the full stat versions the rarer drops.

Just my own thoughts of course. o.0

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its also worth noting that neither version is available for gargoyles... because they don't really exist in UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also worth noting that while dyeable they become "dipped in paint"... as in every bit of them dyes and it's not really good looking.