• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tailor version of powder of fort ?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would it be ?

Looking to try and replace some durability on a pair of gloves.

Ty.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"[Replica]" item description means it is like "Brittle", meaning no POF.

The exceptions are stuff from the Vesper Museum collection which say "Replica" (without parenthesis) and are regular items which can have POF applied.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"[Replica]" item description means it is like "Brittle", meaning no POF.

The exceptions are stuff from the Vesper Museum collection which say "Replica" (without parenthesis) and are regular items which can have POF applied.
Ahh. Then I guess when dura gets to about 50 I'll look at replacing it with something not replica. Dont even remember when I got the set, but was pre 2014 I believe, since until recently 2014 was when I last played.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Find which toon has the points. Now you can combine the points to one toon using a totem there in Brit Commons. But they need to be on same shard I think. Dont know if it crosses shards. Put the points on the totem from a toon and see if you can collect on another shard.
Then you can buy another by the time one wears out.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find which toon has the points. Now you can combine the points to one toon using a totem there in Brit Commons. But they need to be on same shard I think. Dont know if it crosses shards. Put the points on the totem from a toon and see if you can collect on another shard.
Then you can buy another by the time one wears out.
Ok. But you suggest non replica (not brittle) could be bought for pts. Ty for the tip on combining but the non replica armor set is not a pts item.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh. Well any 100lrc 70s resist will do. Those are easy enough to find.
Exactly. I didnt want to say that. That set has low regen. But you see some older players that wear it. Like the guy I took the pic from.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol say it loud and proud. Not like it's a part of my game life lol

It was a means to an end for getting a suit back then.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly, just spend a bit real cash for a deluxe starter pack and get a journeyman armor suit Deluxe Starter Pack – Ultima Online, which you can use forever.

It is POFable, you can also dye it and use the same set on all of your toons you got (elf / human sets are interchangeable but the gargoyle set is not). It is leather, very light and blessed, meaning it is actually worth carrying all the time in your bag, even if it is not your main suit (if you use the EC grid view, you can drop it somewhere down in your bag where it does not disturb you).

Not only does the journeyman armor suit outclass the sorcerer armor set now, on top of it, you get a crimson/tangle from the blackthorn points and a chaos mage shield (if you add a bit gold) from the vesper museum points, plus a 1 week skill increase token during which you can max tons of skills Review concerning the "Deluxe Starter Package" from UO Store.

The only downsides are that the cap looks ugly and that it is leather (meaning medable and stealthable but you do not get the stamina protection and mana reduction bonus, though you make up a bit for the stamina loss thanks to the high stamina regeneration on the suit).

Its total stats are: 70% in all resists, +15 Hit Points, +17 Mana, +17 Stamina, +30 Lower Mana Cost, +6 Hit Point Regeneration, +6 Mana Regeneration, +10 Stamina Regeneration, +5 Strength, +5 Dexterity, +5 Intelligence, and 100% Lower Reagent Cost

Last edited:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not in the store, and the runic atlas would be all I'd really want from it, and those can be obtained ingame.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's in the in game store. You purchase sovereigns on the web, then buy stuff from the UO store .

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's in the in game store. You purchase sovereigns on the web, then buy stuff from the UO store .
Ooo. Well I got the runic atlas for 3k ingame. I might revisit that list later and read it again. But nothing really piqued my interest too much that I'd want to spend what I can only guess is $20 to $30 for the only other thing I might be interested in would be the clothes set. But easier to make gold and build out sets based on a persons specific needs at any given time rsther than add to what is an obvious money grab for the PTB.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I wanted to revisit this post for a very specific reason, it came time finally. For me to replace my suit. Well, I found a suit that should work. It's not brittle or anything like that. But when I try to use the powder of fortifying on it, I get that, you cannot use the powder on that item message.

The only thing that makes it stand out, is the fact that it says imbued on all six pieces. But I thought that shouldn't make a difference.

So other than replica crap, can you also not, it seems, use the powder on imbued items?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bought it imbued. Will be re-vendoring the set and try to find what I want which is for the long haul. A set that can always, when needed, be PoF'd.
Ty.
Clean armor does not drop with good stats anymore. There is nothing wrong with brittle. Would last you years if you repair it as needed.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three is something wrong when nothing on it is above 45... like who tf imbues that before forting it lol.

Pretty sure I got a set on Baja I can maybe use, and get to GL with the character its on who I also want on GL.

I'm sure I can probably find what I'm after with some ingenuity.

Just gotta do some more leg work so to speak.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Its really crappy armour so why waste powder on something of such low value?

You can imbue such stats for almost zero cost, just some leather and some gems.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its really crappy armour so why waste powder on something of such low value?

You can imbue such stats for almost zero cost, just some leather and some gems.
Powder / dura translates to increased price. I woulda been ok with that. So not really a valid argument. I mean it is but it isnt at the same time

In any event. I might just try to save $20 for some sovs so I can get that started pack. Suit on there plus the 500k point things would let me get vollem in crystal.

Rest. I'm sure I'll figure something out for.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just a reminder:

Brittle starts out 255/255, and can last years even on a combat character, as long as you don't do things with the stuff like Grizzle. On a stand-back character (Bard, tamer, pure caster) it will effectively last forever. And, it can still be enhanced
Antique sucks for any template (especially melee types) that is in close combat, but with proper repair management can last 3-5 years or more on a stand-back character. And, since brittle doesn't happen on Jewelry, most of the OMG jewelry pieces are antique.
Prized is only an issue if you want to Bless Deed everything, or are extremely low on gold (one of those accounts that never seems to be able to get over 5 million, like some I know). If you can afford paying a few thousand gold for insurance, the best "almost-clean" stuff is typically Prized. Many of the people I know that act like Prized stuff is "junk" are the ones I KNOW have multiple platinum in the bank. Silly misers.
Cursed, I personally think that people who constantly rail against Insurance existing should be REQUIRED to only use Cursed stuff. If you want everyone else to live that way, take the first step and be an example.

Lastly, If you don't have Parry, a brittle or antique shield will last forever - barring things (again) like the Grizzle. I've been using the same brittle shield on my Bard/tamer got most of the 2010s, and it's at worst around 238-240 max durability (mostly from repairs after event bosses that used the Grizzle's acid attack).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In any event. I might just try to save $20 for some sovs so I can get that started pack. Suit on there plus the 500k point things would let me get vollem in crystal.
That suit is a very lousy dex suit.

What shard do you want a mage suit on?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That suit is a very lousy dex suit.

What shard do you want a mage suit on?
What I'm after would be an all 70 lrc. Dont care much about other stats tbh, so DeX wouldnt matter to much to me but still probably better that that replica 6pc mage set I got now thats about to be retired.

And GL

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Powder Of Fortification also won't work on the doublet "Bearing The Crest Of Blackthorn"
doublt.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I'm after would be an all 70 lrc. Dont care much about other stats tbh, so DeX wouldnt matter to much to me but still probably better that that replica 6pc mage set I got now thats about to be retired.
And GL
Its on the way. PM me here if you are on in the next few hours.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Powder / dura translates to increased price. I woulda been ok with that. So not really a valid argument. I mean it is but it isnt at the same time

Rest. I'm sure I'll figure something out for.
It is a perfectly valid argument. Someone put together a virtually no cost 100% lrc suit. It wasn’t meant to have all resists/other mage properties and it wasn’t meant to have a long life. The fact that you bought it without understanding its limitations isn’t a knock against the seller. As a crafter there is no way in hell I would waste any POF on basic pieces like that. The fact that you would have been willing to pay more for a more durable suit means that you should have kept shopping. Consider it part of your learning curve, we all have them.

Most brittle pieces are exactly the same as imbued pieces that have been powdered. They both start at 255/255 and can not be powdered after that. If your idea was to get imbued pieces that were 255/255 you should be fine with brittle pieces.

Like others have said, brittle really is the standard armor now. If repaired as needed it will easily last for years.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a perfectly valid argument. Someone put together a virtually no cost 100% lrc suit. It wasn’t meant to have all resists/other mage properties and it wasn’t meant to have a long life. The fact that you bought it without understanding its limitations isn’t a knock against the seller. As a crafter there is no way in hell I would waste any POF on basic pieces like that. The fact that you would have been willing to pay more for a more durable suit means that you should have kept shopping. Consider it part of your learning curve, we all have them.

Most brittle pieces are exactly the same as imbued pieces that have been powdered. They both start at 255/255 and can not be powdered after that. If your idea was to get imbued pieces that were 255/255 you should be fine with brittle pieces.

Like others have said, brittle really is the standard armor now. If repaired as needed it will easily last for years.
Lol most shards are dead and I'm not s summer vacation person thst just has money or shield to throw away on going to ATL. But great assumption on me not shopping around first

And maybe before you question stats you dont know is on it. You message me first. You saw what, one of 6 pieces lmfao

Maybe I found exactly what I was looking for but wasn't impressed with the durability, let alone aware of the fact that an imbued item couldn't have powder used on it... LMFAO

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol most shards are dead and I'm not s summer vacation person thst just has money or shield to throw away on going to ATL. But great assumption on me not shopping around first

And maybe before you question stats you dont know is on it. You message me first. You saw what, one of 6 pieces lmfao

Maybe I found exactly what I was looking for but wasn't impressed with the durability, let alone aware of the fact that an imbued item couldn't have powder used on it... LMFAO
Three is something wrong when nothing on it is above 45... like who tf imbues that before forting it lol.
Let's see...

1. I didn't really need to see the mods on every piece. You made it pretty clear about what it had on it. Educated guess... 100 lrc and 70s resists.
2. You clearly weren't completely happy with the suit if it didn't have the durability you desired.
3. I play a small shard so I understand the dynamics and limitations associated with them quite well. Furthermore, I would't really classify GL as a dead shard... it is likely the second most populated US shard.
4. It was your error to think that you could powder an item that had already been imbued.
5. The point me and several others were trying to impress upon you is that that suit is a waste of PoF. That is the reason the crafter didn't put in on there. It required maybe, if you really stretch it, 10k worth of materials to create it. Your talking about well over 700k in powder to get those pieces all to 255 durability first.

I see Pawain has a suit in route to you, which is great. I will offer you a tip on getting suit pieces in the future. This can be done by a newly created character on any shard to get suited up.

Each shard has EM events usually at least twice a month. Crimson Dragons (or similar) are a fairly common event monster. Attend the event but stay out of the fray. When the crimson dragon corpse goes public, loot the Greater, Major and Legendary artifacts from it. A public crimson dragon corpse at an EM event is likely to have at least 15+ pieces to loot. You'll have enough pieces to put together a really nice suit in no time and it will have full durability and won't have cost you anything but an hour or two.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When the dust settles, piece together for yourself a suit that maximizes all of the mage buffs you are after:
likely, they are

a) all 70's resists, b) 100% LRC, and c) 40% LMC.

To that, you may want to add 30 Mana Regeneration, 25 Intelligence bonus and as much Mana Increase as you can take on (Legendary pieces can have 10 MI; at 10 per piece over 6 pieces, that's 60 potential MI).

The above are only the basic buffs that a mage will constantly draw from; maximizing those areas on your suit translates into a continual advantage for you. You can find Legendary gear w/ the above buffs very cheap most anywhere.... or you may hunt for them; they are easy enough to acquire either way and they beat any suit that may be sold to you by either a crafter or a UO game store.

As it was mentioned above, Brittle is not an issue, especially for a char that is not seeing constant melee action. Even Antique won't be that big a deal for a non melee char, but Antique does indeed waste away very fast so you would want to keep an eye on it.

On top of the above mentioned buffs (all of which are staple for mages), you may want to figure in pieces w/ SDI and Casting Focus, the SDI being especially helpful.

On your shard there is insurance: that means that once you put such a suit together, you can very cheaply maintain it and never lose it. This is among the reasons crafters on your shard cannot make much money, but it is also the reason you won't have to reassess your suit, ever.

If you are feeling righteous regarding the plight of crafters in UO and would like to do something about it, well, you could always come play on Siege Perilous shard, where the wine is sweeter and the brothel mongbats know just how to touch you and where you like to be kissed.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tbh I've never really done an event so def worth looking into. I also overlooked pawains message.

I dont know that I'd feel good about sitting back and not doing **** but taking loot. Dont get me wrong. I see the benefit lol

But a sm part of me would still feel weird about it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tbh I've never really done an event so def worth looking into. I also overlooked pawains message.

I dont know that I'd feel good about sitting back and not doing **** but taking loot. Dont get me wrong. I see the benefit lol

When are you going to be on in central time today?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Trust me, once you get there and see all the other people just standing there waiting for the final boss to pop you won’t have to feel weird. It’s all going to disappear in 5 minutes anyway... might as well get put to use.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me, once you get there and see all the other people just standing there waiting for the final boss to pop you won’t have to feel weird. It’s all going to disappear in 5 minutes anyway... might as well get put to use.
Isnt the loot handled in a way similar to an idoc, like you just gotta be quick to grab it ?

I hated those scenarios just for the simple fact of when I use to camp those, much in the manner you seem to be describing. I'd be lucky if I got 2 things after waiting wether it was 20 minutes or 2hrs if not longer.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isnt the loot handled in a way similar to an idoc, like you just gotta be quick to grab it ?

I hated those scenarios just for the simple fact of when I use to camp those, much in the manner you seem to be describing. I'd be lucky if I got 2 things after waiting wether it was 20 minutes or 2hrs if not longer.
You won’t likely have too much competition with a public corpse at an EM event. Maybe a few other people doing something similar but I’ve never had an issue when I’ve used this method for looting starting equipment. Far more likely is the trouble just sorting through it all before it poofs.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won’t likely have too much competition with a public corpse at an EM event. Maybe a few other people doing something similar but I’ve never had an issue when I’ve used this method for looting starting equipment. Far more likely is the trouble just sorting through it all before it poofs.
If sorting is the bigger issue. I'd probably drag and drop to a pack til I'm full and sort later.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also. U keep saying public, is it safe to assume theres a "private" one ?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also. U keep saying public, is it safe to assume theres a "private" one ?
As with pretty much all monster corpses, the first few minutes are instanced corpses for those who got looting rights on the monster. Each player can only see "their" loot during that time. After a couple minutes the corpse becomes public, which means all the loot from every individual instanced corpse is combined into a single corpse that anyone can access and loot from.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As with pretty much all monster corpses, the first few minutes are instanced corpses for those who got looting rights on the monster. Each player can only see "their" loot during that time. After a couple minutes the corpse becomes public, which means all the loot from every individual instanced corpse is combined into a single corpse that anyone can access and loot from.
Ahh, and most of what I would probably want would have otherwise been ignored by ppl that fought it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If sorting is the bigger issue. I'd probably drag and drop to a pack til I'm full and sort later.
Depending on your client, I believe EC+PINCO has a sort option on the container which can put the better loot on top. Even if you don't normally use this client, it would be an option to aid in the process.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh, and most of what I would probably want would have otherwise been ignored by ppl that fought it.
From my experience, many people at the EM events never worry about looting the corpses. Either way, there is usually enough decent gear to make a decent suit with only 1 or 2 corpses.